Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: A well made wck history video from china

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
    I think you all need to back up a bit and ask Hendrik to address this post or perhaps encourage Hendrik and FongSung to converse without the distractions of other debates.
    Really?
    Im over trying to converse with the guy.... he cherry picks conversation just like history

Quote Originally Posted by Firehawk4 View Post
    But where did he learn the Emei Zhuang from ?
    Good question!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Emei is first there and then the founder fuse with fujian white crane to create SNT.

But don't most lineage's Ng Mui legends say that she was a White Crane master before developing Wing Chun? Going with the "kernal of truth" idea, it seems to me that the legend would imply that White Crane was the root art from which Wing Chun developed. Given the strong similarities with Southern White Crane this makes sense. So what evidence is there that Emei was the root art to which White Crane was added rather than the other way around?

Ha! You couldn't wait to throw that back at me.

Hendrik is just getting under my skin a bit. The thing is he hasn't answered one question that I posed to him, just cherry picked my posts and avoided the subject by trying to turn things around again. On this thread and another I posted some very vailid questions concerning this whole Emei matter. Everyone of them was avoided.

While you do have good points here, I would also like to take the opportunity to point out that your perspective here isn't too different from my perspective on that "best Wing Chun KO knockout" thread. I also asked what I saw as valid questions that were avoided. It sure seemed to me that people were trying to "turn things around" to make me the "disrespectful" one. I pretty much got reamed for expressing my opinion. I'm not saying you don't have good points or that there is a straight-up comparison here. I'm just saying take a good look at where you're coming from.

I will not kowtow to any of them and accept that my art is lacking simply on their word that Emei Shier Zhuang is the "Missing Link". I do not care who they are, whom they represent or how large a following they may have.

Again, consider. It was alright in the other thread to say "that's Wing Chun because Alan says it is....." But here you won't accept anyone else's opinion on this. Just seems a little off to me.

This constant push to shove this Emei thing onto everyone reaks of a devious bigger agenda. It would be interesting if that would come to light, because I know I'm not the only one who thinks there is a bigger story here.

Here you go with your paranoid "agenda" thing again. Just what "devious bigger agenda" might they have? No one is making any money off of this. Maybe someone is writing a book? Do you think they are going to get many sales in such a niche market? Is the "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" planning a traveling roadshow of seminars? Not that I know of. Even if they did, again....not a big money maker. If anything, I see Hendrik's "agenda" as rather straight-forward. He thinks he has found something that is important for Wing Chun, he believes in it, he wants to share it because the more people that also believe it the better his discovery and theories are validated. Simple ego. Everyone wants to feel good about their work and feel like their ideas are appreciated and validated.

Hendrik says how can I know SNT if I don't practice Emei Shier Zhuang, I say how does Fu Wei Zhong know SNT if he doesn't practice Wing Chun?

Now THAT is a good point!

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    But don't most lineage's Ng Mui legends say that she was a White Crane master before developing Wing Chun? Going with the "kernal of truth" idea, it seems to me that the legend would imply that White Crane was the root art from which Wing Chun developed. Given the strong similarities with Southern White Crane this makes sense. So what evidence is there that Emei was the root art to which White Crane was added rather than the other way around?
    Ng Mui is a myth and is part of dozens of various styles history. The legends were taken and used over and over that is no kernel of truth.

Martial arts are not like paint where you can blend two paints. MMA is a perfect example. You are not combining bjj and boxing or combining boxing and mt or whatever. You cross train to develop different skills. You do not do what Hendrik thinks and learn white crane techniques and then use some other arts body mechanics lol. The techniques and the body mechanics are one unit not two separate things or to put it another way you cannot separate the two.

Hendrik's hang up is his lineage and his lineage ONLY adopted the ermei kuit some time in the past. He wants to believe that his is the original wing chun.

Yes there are similarities between wing chun and white crane but this is true of all southern fist so any similarities does not prove anything.

If anything, I see Hendrik's "agenda" as rather straight-forward. He thinks he has found something that is important for Wing Chun, he believes in it, he wants to share it because the more people that also believe it the better his discovery and theories are validated. Simple ego. Everyone wants to feel good about their work and feel like their ideas are appreciated and validated.

Nope, that is not my agenda. I careless on my ego

My agenda is

If Wck doesn't put back the emei core, SNT the core of Wck will be wipe out in 30 years or one generation.
    All wcners deserve to know this and I don't force anyone to take what I present.

The future Wck historian will write about this.
    Let see what happen 30 years from today, am I being proven right or I am nuts and full of it. That simple.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 05-01-2014 at 07:10 AM.

Hendrik says how can I know SNT if I don't practice Emei Shier Zhuang, I say how does Fu Wei Zhong know SNT if he doesn't practice Wing Chun?

I say :
    if you don't know the emei 12 zhuang technology you will not be able to activate the part of SNT.

Fu wei Zhong doesn't have to know SNT to know emei 12 zhuang because he is the grand master of it.

Have a clear mind, otherwise, you are twisting things around. It will make you looks very very bad in the years to come if I was prove correct by other wcner researchers.

Quote Originally Posted by HybridWarrior View Post
    You long-time regulars on this forum all seem very knowledgeable about TCMA and names/places/events etc. But, based on what I have read and basing my opinion on my own upbringing in wing chun, my stance is this:

I'm with Dave on this whole weirdness.

Don't know any of you from adam...but personally I agree with Dave's view on his own WC... I don't think anything is missing from any of my "engines" or "DNA" or whatever you want to call them. Just my .02. Well done Dave.

I'd have to physically experience the 'ancient' stuff and then compare it to my stuff. But as some have pointed out, what's the use/point if it (aka the 'secret') doesn't / can't / won't lend itself to the dynamics of hand-to-hand combatives in a live situation(?)

May be I am trying to bring education the wcners similar to trying to tell everyone the planet earth is round?

As for
    But as some have pointed out, what's the use/point if it (aka the 'secret') doesn't / can't / won't lend itself to the dynamics of hand-to-hand combatives in a live situation(?)

Ask those who has the skill before making conclusion.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 05-01-2014 at 07:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dlcox View Post
    If it's missing it must have been taken out for a reason, or maybe it was never there in the first place. Either way, why wait 30 years? Let those who want it take it. Then go jump off a bridge into oncoming traffic so the rest of us can go back to practicing our watered down Wing Chun.
    No one prohibit you to practice what you like.

In the opposite, why get so emotional on opposition of ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by HybridWarrior View Post
    I'd have to physically experience the 'ancient' stuff and then compare it to my stuff. But as some have pointed out, what's the use/point if it (aka the 'secret') doesn't / can't / won't lend itself to the dynamics of hand-to-hand combatives in a live situation(?)
    That's where I'm at too. No one has demonstrated its martial value at all, much less its supposed superior martial value. So leave the "martial masturbation" to the "researchers" until they start showing something interesting.

As for
    But as some have pointed out, what's the use/point if it (aka the 'secret') doesn't / can't / won't lend itself to the dynamics of hand-to-hand combatives in a live situation(?)

Who and where are they exactly?

May be I am trying to bring education the wcners similar to trying to tell everyone the planet earth is round?
    Perhaps....jury's still out...

I shall ask, if I ever meet one. Thx.

No one prohibit you to practice what you like.

In the opposite, why get so emotional on opposition of ideas?
    Youre the one who says "you hate me dont you" all the time

Why get so emotional??

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    That's where I'm at too. No one has demonstrated its martial value at all, much less its supposed superior martial value. So leave the "martial masturbation" to the "researchers" until they start showing something interesting.
    Yep, thats the elephant in the room he avoids

Call me crazy but I coulda swore I saw a picture of Hung Gun Biu in that video.