Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Three level of Wck understanding

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    1. Short and long, please do your home work in ancient Chinese martial art type. You sure are free to invent your own martial art, but please not get mix up between what you think and what it is.

The following is from Ming dynasty general Ji book.

古今拳家,宋太祖有三十二勢長拳,又有六步拳,猴拳,化拳。各勢各有所稱,而實大同小異。 至今之溫家七十二行拳,三十六合鎖,二十四棄探馬,入閃番,十二 短, 此亦善之善者也。 呂紅八下雖剛,未及綿張短打。山東李半天之腿,鷹爪王之拿,千跌張之跌,張伯敬之打,少林寺之棍與青田棍法 相兼,楊氏鎗法,與巴子拳棍 ,皆今之有名者。

Different arts art are not the same.

2. Anyone are free to have their opinion.
    invent his own martial art, like you. And you still haven't answered the question
    sincerly, eddie

Quote Originally Posted by deejaye72 View Post
    invent his own martial art, like you. And you still haven't answered the question
    You are free to close your eyes and speculate

You are free to close your eyes and speculate
    Still haven't answered the question. Can't open something that's already been open.
    sincerly, eddie

1. My student?

2. You are obviously trying to twist anything to win .
    You action shows you never like me since the beginning.
    So, just be straight forward. I am ok you like me or not.
    Also, You also don't need to tolerate me, you don't have to read anything I post.

3. I have already told you, 30 years later let the Wck historian judge. Why even need to waste energy? I leave it to them here on.

Quote Originally Posted by dlcox View Post
    Qi Guang Ji is talking about and describing various martial methods that existed in his time. It's not a detailed description on the mechanical differences between long fist and short hand.

This was your reply Hendrik. How can I not understand and be incorrect when I say something like Long and Short has the same "Engine", when you can? Is it because it only applies if you know "Snake Engine"?

You and your student agreed on another thread the above statement. If you say it is Wing Chun "Core" how can you say it uses long fist body power type? Wouldn't this be a contradiction by your own admission seeing as you believe that short and long are different and cannot co-exist?

Hendrik, I used to like you enough to tolerate you. Now I find myself convinced, by the statements you make, that you know absolutely nothing about martial arts. Anyone who comes to your defense is a fool.

Once again you still have not answered the question.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 05-01-2014 at 02:41 PM.

1. My student?

2. You are obviously trying to twist anything to win .
    You action shows you never like me since the beginning.
    So, just be straight forward. I am ok you like me or not.
    Also, You also don't need to tolerate me, you don't have to read anything I post.

3. I have already told you, 30 years later let the Wck historian judge. Why even need to waste energy? I leave it to them here on.
    And thats your other excuse..... "you just dont like me"

Thats your standard reply when you cant answer questions or you are caught out again with the standard bull5hit that pours out of you.

People here try to keep to facts... you bring emotion into it

Blog Entries
    You and your student agreed on another thread the above statement. If you say it is Wing Chun "Core" how can you say it uses long fist body power type? Wouldn't this be a contradiction by your own admission seeing as you believe that short and long are different and cannot co-exist?
    You are a clown and obviously don't get what Hendrik speaks about. please read what he said again below

Robert has the ancient core . So, the rest is his decision on how to evolve his lineage .
    The body type power generation are in arts like Jook Lum SPM, Bak mei, Lung Ying, Choy LAy Fut, western boxing, Muai Thai, CSLWCK, as well as any other wing chun which does not use the force line snake engine type. All these arts have close range techniques using the body type power generation, however the wing chun snake engine force line type power generation is a more advance specialized engine better suited for close range fighting. CSLWCK uses this same body type power generation as these other arts, so there is no issue to incorporate techniques from any of these body type power generation arts since the fundamental power generation engine is the same.
    Last edited by kung fu fighter; 05-01-2014 at 03:57 PM.

The body type power generation are in arts like Jook Lum SPM, Bak mei, Lung Ying, Choy LAy Fut, western boxing, Muai Thai, CSLWCK, as well as any other wing chun which does not use the force line snake engine type. All these arts have close range techniques using the body type power generation, however the wing chun snake engine force line type power generation is a more advance specialized engine better suited for close range fighting. CSLWCK uses this same body type power generation as these other arts, so there is no issue to incorporate techniques from any of these body type power generation arts since the fundamental power generation engine is the sam
    e.

So youre basically saying that Alans boys dont do WC?
    Just some hybrid system they put together?

From the Long comes the Short. This you obviously do not comprehend, without one there cannot be the other, they are one and the same. The only difference is the length of the motion. You understand nothing of kinesiology.

I don't know about Hendrik. But I understand plenty about kinesiology and biomechanics. And what you just said makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    From the Long comes the Short. This you obviously do not comprehend, without one there cannot be the other, they are one and the same. The only difference is the length of the motion. You understand nothing of kinesiology.

I don't know about Hendrik. But I understand plenty about kinesiology and biomechanics. And what you just said makes no sense.
    Often people not aware of the differences of these in the attached picture
    Attached Images Attached Images  

great diagram, i was looking for that one to put on here, but u beat me to it!

Often people not aware of the differences of these in the attached picture

Let's take a straight punch as an example. Doesn't matter if it is thrown from far away or in close the same mechanics are involved.
    I guess it depends on the straight punch! For example, in the version of WCK I practice there is a "long range" straight punch (the Pin Sun Da) that involves a large pivot, extending the punching arm until it is almost completely straight, turning the body so it is completely perpendicular to the target and pulling the opposite arm back to increase the reach and power of the punch. YSKWCK has this punch as well. There is also a very short range straight punch that is delivered without any movement of the feet or with a slight step forward, body more square to the target, with the arm very bent, and with the rear hand forward to cover or protect. Two very different mechanics. One may travel for 2 feet, while the other only 2 inches. But the delivery of the last 2 inches of travel of the long range punch is not the same as the short range punch. So in my opinion, your statement of:

without one there cannot be the other, they are one and the same. The only difference is the length of the motion.

is simply not true.

I guess it depends on the straight punch! For example, in the version of WCK I practice there is a "long range" straight punch (the Pin Sun Da) that involves a large pivot, extending the punching arm until it is almost completely straight, turning the body so it is completely perpendicular to the target and pulling the opposite arm back to increase the reach and power of the punch. YSKWCK has this punch as well.
    That is not a long range punch it is a training punch.

If you think I am wrong try to use that in sparring and the light will come on.

There is also a very short range straight punch that is delivered without any movement of the feet or with a slight step forward, body more square to the target, with the arm very bent, and with the rear hand forward to cover or protect. Two very different mechanics. One may travel for 2 feet, while the other only 2 inches. But the delivery of the last 2 inches of travel of the long range punch is not the same as the short range punch. So in my opinion, your statement of:

without one there cannot be the other, they are one and the same. The only difference is the length of the motion.

is simply not true.
    The model is not application.

[QUOTE=tc101;1266993]That is not a long range punch it is a training punch.

everything looks good on paper, until you try it.

"Everyone has a plan until they've been hit."

The man: Joe Louis.

those words are so true!
    sincerly, eddie

Quote Originally Posted by tc101 View Post
    That is not a long range punch it is a training punch.

The model is not application.
    You have no idea how it is used. You know nothing about my Wing Chun. Not everything is intended for "tit for tat" sparring with your buddies!

You have no idea how it is used. You know nothing about my Wing Chun. Not everything is intended for "tit for tat" sparring with your buddies!
    Yes I know some things are only used for internet discussion and can never be shown to really work. My mistake.