Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: comparing notes

is the sword fighting you do considered rare? i dont see it a lot, although i haven't looked.
    sincerly, eddie

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by deejaye72 View Post
    nice that you shared with me! kwa training huh? thats interesting my kwa training is coming from tai chi. i have a really good idea where his tai chi came from. oh and its tai chi. i know what i've learned and know what i see. comparing notes...mmm and his source of tai chi. bows/ structure, kwa, yielding drills, rooting (coupling)
    I've done both chen and yang style tai chi, the snake engine power generation is not the same. what i discribed above is the body mechanics from my research into the mainland wing chun branches of kulo pin sun wck and Yuen Kay San wck along with how to connect my arms to my body power generation from years of experience, not the snake engine from yik Kam wck.
    Last edited by kung fu fighter; 04-30-2014 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kung fu fighter View Post
    I've done both chen and yang style tai chi, the snake engine power generation is not the same. what i discribed above is the body mechanics from my research into the mainland wing chun branches of kulo pin sun wck and Yuen Kay San wck along with how to connect my arms to my body power generation from years of experience, not the snake engine from yik Kam wck.
    please dont play me for a fool, i dont buy into brainwashed students. agree to disagree with me. i got off topic its my fault. i'll leave him alone, all his cronies leave me alone fair enough
    sincerly, eddie

Blog Entries
    please dont play me for a fool, i dont buy into brainwashed students. agree to disagree with me. i got off topic its my fault. i'll leave him alone, all his cronies leave me alone fair enough
    no problem, i am not trying to play anyone for a fool just trying to help! anyone who knows me, know that I am definatately not a brainwashed student of anyone nor a crony, I am a free thinker, that's why i don't align myself with any particular wck linage or sifu, the wing chun that I now practice and teach is a fusion of several wck branches. I guess we are done comparing notes

no problem, i am not trying to play anyone for a fool just trying to help! anyone who knows me, know that I am definatately not a brainwashed student of anyone nor a crony, I am a free thinker, that's why i don't align myself with any particular wck linage or sifu, the wing chun that I now practice and teach is a fusion of several wck branches. I guess we are done comparing notes
    we can compare notes...just dont convince me of his conclusions. oh and telling people he turned on your snake engine doesnt sound right in this langauge,maybe in chinese it has slightly different meaning or something. please take my advise on that, even though you won't on anything else. you guys need to sit down and change your terminology. makes me think they came up with that just to see how stupid the gwai lo sounds saying it hahahaha

" would you turn on my snake engine..big boy?" "**** brother, i dont think i would have said that!!" hahaha.
    sincerly, eddie

fu·sion
    ˈfyo͞oZHən/
    noun
    noun: fusion; plural noun: fusions

the process or result of joining two or more things together to form a single entity.
    "a fusion of an idea from anthropology and an idea from psychology"
    synonyms: blend, blending, combination, amalgamation, joining, union, marrying, bonding, merging, melding, mingling, integration, intermixture, intermingling, synthesis; More

joining two or more things to make a single entity. so why couldn't someone cross train, which is popular today and come up with something better then they started with? why couldnt someone very intelligent with the physical skills and the knowledge come to there own conclusions..and be just as effective. my point is if he could do it so can i. there is nothing you can do that cant be done.
    sincerly, eddie

i cant help but think how eerily similar this stuff is to all the structure and power generation hawkins cheung would talk about in all those magazines articles and interviews in the 80's and 90's. wing chun tai chi man. anyway i met him with my father once. he came to visit my sigung, they are friends. nice man.
    sincerly, eddie

Blog Entries
    " would you turn on my snake engine..big boy?" "**** brother, i dont think i would have said that!!" hahaha.
    I have an anaconda engine, check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZdGQzzBFzI

But more on serious note, the name doesn't matter, you can call it snake engine, dynamic spring engine or flex flow structure. i's all referring to the same thing.
    Last edited by kung fu fighter; 05-01-2014 at 10:14 AM.

I have an anaconda engine, check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xGlG5-ydEY

But more on serious note, the name doesn't matter, you can call it snake engine, dynamic spring engine or flex flow structure. i's all referring to the same thing.
    Called it anything, not taiji that is forsure, but emei snake

This is how Jim teaching it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5SVdSR9_vs

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post

Yeah not Tai chi or wing chun. Hawkins chueng power generation, wing Chun structure
    ,tai chi structure, little crane, little cheng man ching yielding principles from, 1970s new York China town. Stir the pot/ controversey good for marketing. Screw qwai lo. I know your bottom line.would you turn on my snake engine.haha
    sincerly, eddie

oh sorry guys, my bad, I'll behave
    sincerly, eddie

agreed

Quote Originally Posted by dlcox View Post
    How is that any different from anyone else's WC mechanics? I would also like to point out that it was long bridge, you said "Snake Engine" doesn't work in long bridge. Personally I think your reaching to provide examples and people like Jim are enabling you. What was demonstarted is commonaly known as "Immovable Elbow" and "Iron Bridge". Day one basics on the proper structure of the bridge.
    yeah agreed, and on one of his youtube videos hendrik demonstrats a technque he calls " horizontally lock wild bulls legs" its triangle theory, the 45 degree, or the cutting angle. semantics, its all just semantics.
    sincerly, eddie

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post

sinking and relaxing, and taking the force into your root? yeah thats different then what all the internal arts have ever done!
    sincerly, eddie