Thread: 40 year old man beats young opponet

40 year old man beats young opponet

LOL, "that was heavy" !

Nice.

Age is really only a factor in regards to reaction speed and endurance, flexibility too.
    Strength and skill and "ko power" are the least effected by age.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    LOL, "that was heavy" !

Nice.

Age is really only a factor in regards to reaction speed and endurance, flexibility too.
    speed maybe, but I'm not finding any problems with flexibility and endurance at 39. With today's knowledge about nutrition and exercise, and with a little help from modern medicine... age isn't the limiting factor that it once was.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    speed maybe, but I'm not finding any problems with flexibility and endurance at 39. With today's knowledge about nutrition and exercise, and with a little help from modern medicine... age isn't the limiting factor that it once was.
    You will have to work harder at maintaining flexibility and endurance as you get older, than you will at maintaining strength and skill, that is my point.
    Age difference in MA tends to be a factor in regards to those things more than anything else, IMO.

You will have to work harder at maintaining flexibility and endurance as you get older, than you will at maintaining strength and skill, that is my point.
    Age difference in MA tends to be a factor in regards to those things more than anything else, IMO.
    There is a point where age will diminish your flexibility and endurance, but 40 is far from that if you were lucky and smart enough to choose a kung fu lifestyle early in your life.

If kung fu is a way of life for you, there is no working harder because it's a just part of your everyday life. That is the essence of good kung fu. You just do it and work hard at it as you should've always done.
    Last edited by MightyB; 05-06-2014 at 12:36 PM.

The person who originally posted that to youtube must be very young, because 40 isn't 'old' at all. Yes, it may be old for something like gymnastics, getting into Parkour, etc., but it's obvious this gentleman has been doing MA for a very long time and was a seasoned karateka long before getting into MMA.
    Last edited by Jimbo; 04-30-2014 at 08:06 AM.

40. When I turned 40, Sifu said, "you are now not the oldest young man, but the youngest old man."
    40 to 50 I think I was as strong as ever, plus the skill and experience, It was good. Mid to late 40's the injuries just took forever to heal. It was a fight to maintain speed, not improve it.
    50 seems to demand daily stretching and flexibility, and toning, but strength isn't the problem. 55, and if you aren't fit, give it up. Maintenance is the key, and consistency. Its hard to build.
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Yum Cha View Post
    40. When I turned 40, Sifu said, "you are now not the oldest young man, but the youngest old man."
    40 to 50 I think I was as strong as ever, plus the skill and experience, It was good. Mid to late 40's the injuries just took forever to heal. It was a fight to maintain speed, not improve it.
    50 seems to demand daily stretching and flexibility, and toning, but strength isn't the problem. 55, and if you aren't fit, give it up. Maintenance is the key, and consistency. Its hard to build.
    Well said, you old f a r t

LOL, "that was heavy" !

Nice.

..and eyesight, and small aches and pains here and there and what the heck is that smell? what is it?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    ..and eyesight, and small aches and pains here and there and what the heck is that smell? what is it?
    Smell of experience !!

(Ben Gay)

Looks like long fist.

reverse punch -> front kick -> reverse punch

Jokes aside, that shit is dope.

Guy in the black has lousy footwork. back pedaling is ...well, it's not the greatest reflection on one's training.
    having said that, guy in the red did well with the relentless pursuit.
    Kung Fu is good for you.