Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pure Chan wah shun wck linage footage

Blog Entries

Pure Chan wah shun wck linage footage

Very interesting! Thanks Navin! If this is what Yip Man learned from Chan Wah Shun and Ng Chun So, then some major changes were made in Yip Man's Wing Chun! I think Yip Man's WCK looks more like Yuen Kay Shan's WCK than it does the WCK in this video. Which again suggests what Robert Chu and others have already said.....Yuen Kay Shan was likely a huge influence on Yip Man.

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Very interesting! Thanks Navin! If this is what Yip Man learned from Chan Wah Shun and Ng Chun So, then some major changes were made in Yip Man's Wing Chun! I think Yip Man's WCK looks more like Yuen Kay Shan's WCK than it does the WCK in this video. Which again suggests what Robert Chu and others have already said.....Yuen Kay Shan was likely a huge influence on Yip Man.
    OOOOoorrrrr, we believe Yip Man's story and Leung Bik was the 'other influence'.
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ View Post
    OOOOoorrrrr, we believe Yip Man's story and Leung Bik was the 'other influence'.
    Or we don't buy into that this was what CWS taught. I am sorry to break it to you all but just because it is on YouTube does not make it true.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by tc101 View Post
    Or we don't buy into that this was what CWS taught. I am sorry to break it to you all but just because it is on YouTube does not make it true.
    Yes. I think this is the more likely case.

This is what Tam Won Biu teaching today , he is a student of Chan Gar Lim, son of Chan Yiu Min , who is Chan Wah Shun's son .

Neither this CWS lineage nor YKS have jam-sau in their SNT form.

Yip Man originally only taught jam-sau, which came from Leung Bik.

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post

According to Yip Man and his followers . CWS and YKS lineage may have different stories

Quote Originally Posted by zuti car View Post
    This is what Tam Won Biu teaching today , he is a student of Chan Gar Lim, son of Chan Yiu Min , who is Chan Wah Shun's son .
    Ah! Then Navin may have been a little overly enthusiastic to call this "pure" CWS WCK lineage footage. I have always suspected that Chan Yiu Min added in a lot things to his Wing Chun.

Ah! Then Navin may have been a little overly enthusiastic to call this "pure" CWS WCK lineage footage. I have always suspected that Chan Yiu Min added in a lot things to his Wing Chun.
    I heard also that at least at some time CYM was calling his art weng chun. I also heard he added some local southern fist into his art.

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post

You are kidding right?

I don't know about " a lot" but Hung Gar influence is obvious .

Quote Originally Posted by tc101 View Post
    You are kidding right?
    About? ....

YKS Jum Sao in SNT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dKAcCvL8ZE

There's no Gaun Sao.