Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Wing Chun & Emei Mini Report '2014'

Quote Originally Posted by theo View Post
    i think on one hand, you've got the people making up theories and speculating while on the other, there are actual documents and multiple sources including the Emei lineage holder himself confirming the connection.
    This is just one hand belonging to the same person/people!

Almost all TCMA are interrelated in both writings and techniques. But you actually have no historical documents stating the connection between Emei and Wing Chun, how they are related, how the arts spread from one area to another, when, from whom to whom, etc..

A guy in 2014 looking at your material and saying 'hey, that's similar to what we do' is not a confirmation of anything beyond similarity. Understand? There's a lot more work ahead of you guys if you wish to make the declarations you're trying now.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
    How old is Emei zuti car? Do you know? I don't.

Those who have spent time with members of VTAA, including WSL, should know that qigong has been practiced as a part of wing chun for a very long time within that association. Nearly all of the sifus and masters during the VTAA early period have mentioned and shown qigong practices to train and use alongside their wing chun. Likewise it is a similar situation with respects to the idea of the bows where the only difference I can spot with respects to what Hendrik has said, is the highlighting of the 7th (or first depending where you start your count) bow, namely the foot's connection with the ground.
    I don't know , what I do know is that there is no evidence of emei snake in 19th and early 20th Century , no documents , no stone carvings , no wooden plates , nothing , just a lot of legends( marketing) and all that can be traced to the late republican period and pulp fiction novels . Real historical research is not what "researchers" like hendrik&co are doing, colleting old people's stories and picking what ever they find on the web to fit in their idea of history . There is something called SCIENTIFIC METHOD , and it is very well known and there are standards which should be applied to any scientific research . Now , people can play researchers , like some of them here are doing for a long time for various reasons but outcome will be nothing more than fiction and personal desires mixed in a fairy tale ,or they can rely on science in order to get the truth .

LFJ, in this case though, it's not someone just looking and saying it looks similar. GM Fu has gone through the writing from 1848 SLT and the Emei match up. Unless you're saying that he doesn't recognize his own Emei content?

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    This is just one hand belonging to the same person/people!

Almost all TCMA are interrelated in both writings and techniques. But you actually have no historical documents stating the connection between Emei and Wing Chun, how they are related, how the arts spread from one area to another, when, from whom to whom, etc..

A guy in 2014 looking at your material and saying 'hey, that's similar to what we do' is not a confirmation of anything beyond similarity. Understand? There's a lot more work ahead of you guys if you wish to make the declarations you're trying now.

Quote Originally Posted by theo View Post
    LFJ, in this case though, it's not someone just looking and saying it looks similar. GM Fu has gone through the writing from 1848 SLT and the Emei match up. Unless you're saying that he doesn't recognize his own Emei content?
    Anyone who has done TCMA research will know many TCMAs share similar or matching verses and different expressions of the same body of techniques. That's because they are interrelated, but it doesn't tell us anything about how, when, where, who...

You're all basically taking a giant leap from 'hey, these are similar/matching' to 'we have now confirmed the origin of Wing Chun', but you completely lack any amount of definitive historical information answering the essential questions.

Anyone who has done TCMA research will know many TCMAs share similar or matching verses and different expressions of the same body of techniques. That's because they are interrelated, but it doesn't tell us anything about how, when, where, who...

You're all basically taking a giant leap from 'hey, these are similar/matching' to 'we have now confirmed the origin of Wing Chun', but you completely lack any amount of definitive historical information answering the essential questions.
    Yes that is very true. Also as others point out that perhaps the case can be made that ermei and Hendrik's lineage of wing chun are related some how but since other branches of wing chun do not have his kuit which is the so called link there is no evidence they are related. All we can say is Hendrik's branch adopted the ermei stuff at some point.

The thing I find interesting in all this is how none of the people doing this so called research have ever ever ever demonstrated the least martial skill.

Quote Originally Posted by tc101 View Post
    ...and Hendrik's lineage of wing chun...
    Exactly!!

Quote Originally Posted by tc101 View Post
    All we can say is Hendrik's branch adopted the ermei stuff at some point.
    Yup!!!

I think the problem with all this dumb-assery (technical term! haha) is that HS comes across on this forum that it's not only his WC but ALL of WC that is missing the secret sauce and that we all suck without it.

Quote Originally Posted by dlcox View Post
    Fools! You will all rue the day when Hendrik is proven correct by the Wing Chun 'historians'. Convert now you godless heathens!
    I admit , I was wrong , how can I repent for my sins , how can I be forgiven ?????????

Fools! You will all rue the day when Hendrik is proven correct by the Wing Chun 'historians'. Convert now you godless heathens!

One wants to keep spinning the mind draining energy

or

Learning the four ways of develop SLT and
    Attain the level within the nine level of attainment .

That is ones free choice.

Heathen! You will only be forgiven if you can snatch the cheese from the trap. Once this is done carry the cheese to the mouse king and beg for forgiveness.
    But,but , but, won't I be caught in the trap ? Mouse in a trap is dead mouse ,you are asking for too much fate from this little mouse .

Is it not better for you to make such a sacrifice lest your lord the mouse king be caught? Do your duty without question or fail serf or it'll be the stocks for you!
    Poor little me , I don't know what to do, I don't know what to do ....

Snatch the cheese. Do not eat the cheese. Drink the kool aid.
    I...am...so... afraid...brrrrrrrrr

No need to be afraid. Jim Jones made the kool aid himself.
    Really ? Really, really ? So I can really do it ?

Absolutely, you only have to be willing to compromise your dignity, swallow your pride, ignore all reason and logical thought, sell your soul and urinate on the traditions taught to you. Once you do this you are ready to don the cloak of shame and pledge your unwaivering loyalty to the prince of lies as you trudge down the garden path.
    But , will I have all the answers? Will I ever have a need to use my brain at all ? Without that I will not engage such thing , I want ultimate answers and 0 brain usage .

Quote Originally Posted by HybridWarrior View Post
    Exactly!!

Yup!!!

I think the problem with all this dumb-assery (technical term! haha) is that HS comes across on this forum that it's not only his WC but ALL of WC that is missing the secret sauce and that we all suck without it.
    Quote Originally Posted by zuti car View Post
    I admit , I was wrong , how can I repent for my sins , how can I be forgiven ?????????
    On your knees boy!!! You must slow crawl to 1000 Taco Bells, beg for and suck down 1000 packs of their sauce!

you must think you can fight standing in a SNT pose?

Seriously? This is day 1 knowledge for any Wing Chun practitioner.

The skills developed by the training stance and actions are directly applicable. The stance itself and the shapes are not meant to be applied literally.

The fact that you're not doing Western Boxing or Kyokushin now tell me you must think you can fight standing in a SNT pose? I would love to have seen Hoffmann drop you on your ass.

Is this the same Hoffman in this link?
    http://protectingrealshaolin.wordpress.com