Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Remind you of anything?

Remind you of anything?

The set beginning at 08:21, remind you of anything? Open your mind a little... just remove some White Crane-isms, imagine the set without stepping, but stationary... perhaps its juxtaposed a bit... and then it looks like... ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhBEc6ZF7jY#t=535

Yes, several TCMAs, particularly southern but northern arts as well. No coincidence.

Hey Robert!

See this thread:

http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/...re-White-Crane

I pointed out exactly the same thing. You can see some of the responses I received!

Although their comments are about White Crane Fist and Southern Fist in general, I am referring to the set at 08:21 on the link. The pattern is too close to be coincidence, IMO.

I've studied Southern Fist all my life, so certainly notice similarities.

But this pattern...

Yes. Old White Crane /Master Lee Kong family set that may be the precursor to the development of WingChun Siu Lim Tao. Let's you see what some of the earliest incorporated content may have looked like, such as Fook Sao, which changes my thoughts on how techniques may have not been as soft or hard or even used in the same manner/purpose in the 1800's development of the art. Glad to see your imput on this, Sifu Chu, we may see a bigger picture unfolding. ***

Minghequan

RE: White Crane and Lee Kong as presented in the Vid posted ........

The last set shown has many similarities to Siu Nim Tao of the Snake Crane lineage.

Master Lee Kong confirms that this is very Old White Crane, not the same as other 5 crane styles. This set we cannot find in today's 5 White Crane lineages.

Out of respect for Master Lee Kong, I will not name this set nor say any more about it. It is a family form.

I can say that it was said that:
    Last edited by PalmStriker; 05-15-2014 at 12:17 PM.

"You like to learn and to take as much as possible. What Shing did in the video, it is very similar to your fa jin video as you do your form"

After the "salute" , notice arrival of TAN SAO as presented in some of the legendary documentation of the Red Boat originators of WingChun style.

Thanks dlcox! Quote: The name of the set is Shier Jie Dao Quan (Loosely translated as, 12 Joints Power Fist). It has much in common with Ba Shou Sanzhan Quan (8 Hands 3 Conflicts Fist). Both forms strike a remarkable resemblance to Tensho of Goju Ryu. The Hua Shou (Flower Hands) section of Yong Chun's (Wing Chun) Xiao Lian Tou (Siu Lin Tau) set is well represented by both of these forms. The branches of Yong Chun that have a walking method of Xiao Lian Tou will no doubt find even greater similarity. 7 Bows (7 Stars), 6 Coordination's, 12 Bridges, 5 Elements etc. all play a part. The movements and patterns of Snake and Crane are often blurred and intermingled. Snake represents energy Crane represents sinew. Together they are the representation and manifestation of Liqi or Jin. The Naga (Snake/Dragon) and the Garuda (Crane/Eagle), this union dates back to the beginning of recorded history and has a much deeper meaning than many realize. I could elaborate much, much further but think it best for anyone interested to investigate this for themselves. If you do, you just may be amazed at what you find.

Quote Originally Posted by chusauli View Post
    Although their comments are about White Crane Fist and Southern Fist in general, I am referring to the set at 08:21 on the link. The pattern is too close to be coincidence, IMO.

I've studied Southern Fist all my life, so certainly notice similarities.

But this pattern...
    Do you also think it a coincidence that the rest of the form does not share any similarities? Are we only counting hits and not misses? That is the Hendrik approach I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by tc101 View Post
    Do you also think it a coincidence that the rest of the form does not share any similarities? Are we only counting hits and not misses? That is the Hendrik approach I thought.
    Why not just take it for what it is?

Quote Originally Posted by chusauli View Post
    Why not just take it for what it is?
    Because this is wing chun for him.
    His ancestors who taught the red boat opera actors how to anti Qing!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by PalmStriker View Post
    Thanks dlcox! Quote: The name of the set is Shier Jie Dao Quan (Loosely translated as, 12 Joints Power Fist). It has much in common with Ba Shou Sanzhan Quan (8 Hands 3 Conflicts Fist). Both forms strike a remarkable resemblance to Tensho of Goju Ryu. The Hua Shou (Flower Hands) section of Yong Chun's (Wing Chun) Xiao Lian Tou (Siu Lin Tau) set is well represented by both of these forms. The branches of Yong Chun that have a walking method of Xiao Lian Tou will no doubt find even greater similarity

. 7 Bows (7 Stars)

, 6 Coordination's, 12 Bridges, 5 Elements etc. all play a part. The movements and patterns of Snake and Crane are often blurred and intermingled. Snake represents energy Crane represents sinew. Together they are the representation and manifestation of Liqi or Jin. The Naga (Snake/Dragon) and the Garuda (Crane/Eagle), this union dates back to the beginning of recorded history and has a much deeper meaning than many realize. I could elaborate much, much further but think it best for anyone interested to investigate this for themselves. If you do, you just may be amazed at what you find.

You must be kidding!

7 bows is a term I created in 2012 in California USA. How is that 7 Stars?
    Last edited by Hendrik; 05-15-2014 at 04:02 PM.

Because like everything else you have created something else already exists to describe exactly the same thing.
    Thanks David.

Hendrik no matter how you try to spread it or how thin you spread it, if its Bulls#%t its always going to be Bulls#%t!

Why rename something already existing? So you can lay claim for its "inventions"

Ron Goninan
    China Fuzhou Zhenlan Crane Boxing Australia
    White Crane Research Institute Inc
    http://www.whitecranegongfu.info
    A seeker of the way

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    You must be kidding!

7 bows is a term I created in 2012 in California USA. How is that 7 Stars?
    I agree with David, you are wrong on this point across all directions but a re-naming and re-branding. As I have repeatedly stated the idea of 'bows' or major joints, that is a model of the human body, is present in a number of lineages including those over at the VTAA.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
    I agree with David, you are wrong on this point across all directions but a re-naming and re-branding. As I have repeatedly stated the idea of 'bows' or major joints, that is a model of the human body, is present in a number of lineages including those over at the VTAA.

7 bows has a specific meaning .

It is my creation.

Others only refer to six bows or five bows.

Not 7 bows. There is a specific reason why it is 7 not six.

7 bows is not 7 major joints.

And,
    7 bows is not 7 Stars . Those are different things.

Go ahead call up all VTAA record documents since VTAA Form. See is there a seven bows term.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 05-15-2014 at 05:07 PM.