Thread: Wing Chun Book

Post Wing Chun Book

So this is the story part of the Wing Chun book I've written, the manual and teachers guide will be coming later.
    The first three chapters of Kirin Rise The Cast of Shadows for FREE!

http://www.kirinrise.com/free-preview/

Just click the link, download it, and start reading it. We have been getting a tremendous response from tons of readers that they love the book and want more.

We’d love to hear all your comments on our Facebook site.

If you love what you’ve read, then together with your help we can bring this to life. You can preorder the book through our kickstarter project.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ast-of-shadows

Thanks again from Team Kirin Rise.
    Last edited by edward; 05-21-2014 at 06:01 AM.

The first three chapters you can get for free...

You can download the first three chapters here
    http://www.kirinrise.com/book-preview-video/

Tell us more about your book Ed.

Why do I have to give my name and e-mail address to download? I wouldn't want ANY unsolicited e-mail...
    Dio perdona... Io no!

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Tell us more about your book Ed.
    Nineteen-year-old Kirin Rise doesn’t look like a hero. Short and scrawny, she’s not the type to strike fear into anyone, much less the brutes that make up the United Federation of Mixed Fighting, the organization that has taken over every major sport in the United States. Despite her size, she spent her youth training with her Sifu in the art of Wing Chun Gung Fu with her friend Tobias by her side. What’s more, Kirin has something that many people in 2032 seem to have lost—a conscience. Enraged by government corruption and corporate greed, Kirin sets out to do something about it in the most unlikely place: the weekly bloodbath known as Chum Night. When Kirin knocks out her formidable opponent with one hit, a ripple spreads, stirring the hearts of fans across the country. Hardest hit by the shockwave are Kirin’s family, who become the target of the mob boss Jabbiano, and her friends Gwen, Sage, and Hunter, who deal with the fallout of Kirin’s sudden fame. Kirin herself does not go unscathed as she gains powerful enemies in the form of Thorne, the head of the UFMF, and his henchmen, Fawn and Justice. Kirin Rise: Cast of Shadows is the story of a young woman struggling against the apathy of a nation in her drive to make the world a better place. With the guidance of Sifu and the help of those who love her, she just might survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha_Fist View Post
    Why do I have to give my name and e-mail address to download? I wouldn't want ANY unsolicited e-mail...
    there's no spam coming with it...its so you can download it, that's all.

definitely want to hear your thoughts... the reviews back have been, beyond positive...

Sounds like Catniss learns Wing Chun and gives up her bow and arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Sounds like Catniss learns Wing Chun and gives up her bow and arrow.
    Puts on 30 ugly pounds, starts bickering on the internet, backs out of several internet gong sau challenges, and retires to do research which fuels more bickering on the internet.

Oh wait, the book isn't written yet. We really don't know how it's going to end - we need to pay first and crowd source the novel so the author can finish it.

Maybe I'm just subconsciously projecting the story of the Wing Chun forum on to this young girl.

Quote Originally Posted by edward View Post
    there's no spam coming with it...its so you can download it, that's all.

Just put up the download link... Only way to guarantee no spam...
    Dio perdona... Io no!