Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Choy Lay Fut vs Bagua

Choy Lay Fut vs Bagua

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLVj...ature=youtu.be

Gus "Green Cloud Kung Fu" accepted the challlenge of Novell "Black Taoist" Bell

Long time members may remember Gus issuing several challenges on this very forum in the past
    Last edited by lkfmdc; 05-22-2014 at 07:15 AM.
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

I was not entertained.

Choy Lei Wah Duh Fut was that?

How ccome they where not aloud to do grappling would that have made the fight different ?

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    wasn't listening to audio. I'm presuming no grappling allowed. Was it a staged thing? Worst habit to have in fighting DROPPING YOUR HANDS.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Well.......that was interesting.....

It was not staged, just Novell was a good guy and after he realized that Gus had nothing, he stopped hitting him in the face..

If you are a long time member, you will remember all the trash talk and challenges that Gus threw out here... kind of funny now to think about all that

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    It was not staged, just Novell was a good guy and after he realized that Gus had nothing, he stopped hitting him in the face..

If you are a long time member, you will remember all the trash talk and challenges that Gus threw out here... kind of funny now to think about all that
    Shame... I was hoping for a good matchup when I first saw a CLF "master" was to spar with BT. I didn't expect to see a Sifu allow so many failed attempts to block strikes to his head or turn his back towards the enemy under pressure.

Don't know Gus' past history but either he hasn't sparred much or he just gave up.

Not much CLF or Lama to be seen so I am not sure I would call it CLF vs Bagua.

Yikes. Novell had reach and speed in his favor.... well and I guess skill too.

Quote Originally Posted by CLFNole View Post
    Not much CLF or Lama to be seen so I am not sure I would call it CLF vs Bagua.
    but for years Gus Kaparos talked about he was the best thing since sliced bread and the real master of both CLF and Lama Pai... how is this possible

I've been here since 98 and while I don't specifically recall Gus challenging people (I DID have quite a few lengthy breaks from this forum) I do remember his posting.

Seems a shame for him to have this appear after his profile on Sinovision recently - although he may well be a very good teacher.

Still, it didn't look like he'd done much in the way of live training at all - which I would say is quite unusual for CLF in general. Not even any semblance of a guard at all.....

Quote Originally Posted by jimbob View Post

Seems a shame for him to have this appear after his profile on Sinovision recently -

Well, clearly you miss the irony... this all happened BECAUSE of his sinovision piece, where he lied about a ton of stuff and got called on it... running his mouth in response he wrote a check his body couldn't cash

Wow, that's a really embarrassing video.

If I were his coach I'd tell him keep his hands up and put some heart into what's he's doing.

Then again, he's a genuine kung fu master so he probably already knows that?
    "I'm a highly ranked officer of his tong. HE is the Dragon Head. our BOSS. our LEADER. the Mountain Lord." - hskwarrior

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    Well, clearly you miss the irony... this all happened BECAUSE of his sinovision piece, where he lied about a ton of stuff and got called on it... running his mouth in response he wrote a check his body couldn't cash
    Oh - I didn't realise that.

Well - serves him right then!

I'll spend some time later going through the archives and seeing how he presented himself.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbob View Post

I'll spend some time later going through the archives and seeing how he presented himself.
    I can save you at least some time

https://www.facebook.com/lionroarsan...8336234&type=3