Thread: anyone on here train with this sifu?

Blog Entries

I really enjoyed watching those clips when they first came out. Although the run time is short there is a wealth of knowledge to be learnt from them. I think in the youtube comments there are details about how to contact this sifu so that maybe worth doing.
    Last edited by Paddington; 05-21-2014 at 02:48 PM.

Wow! Great body positioning/mechanics. That tan/ jom application is sweet. Impressive.
    "Wing Chun is a bell that appears when rung.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Tiger View Post
    Wow! Great body positioning/mechanics. That tan/ jom application is sweet. Impressive.
    Yes! Very nice! Good stuff here! Thanks for posting it Navin.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Yes! Very nice! Good stuff here! Thanks for posting it Navin.
    You're welcome! I like the way how this sifu moves, it reminds me of the movie " Prodical Son". I would be interested in the interpretation of the concept that he is using, looks very similar to Jiu wan's stuff, but I think he is from Lok Yiu linage.

Quote Originally Posted by kung fu fighter View Post
    You're welcome! I like the way how this sifu moves, it reminds me of the movie " Prodical Son". I would be interested in the interpretation of the concept that he is using, looks very similar to Jiu wan's stuff, but I think he is from Lok Yiu linage.
    What is the Jim Wan stuff/method? I've read this elsewhere on the web...Any further info? Thx!

Quote Originally Posted by kung fu fighter View Post
    Yeah, I thought the same thing, ...that it reminds me of old HK movie WC. But I'm not sure that's such a good thing. Any idea why he turns his head side-to-side so much? Also, is it just me or does he bob up and down excessively? Not judging... just asking.

Some of the applications of movements are similar to what I've been shown, but seem to use a lot more leg and body force, complete with grimacing and grunting. Not sure about that either. Honestly, I can't get too much just from watching a clip.
    "No contaban con mi astucia!" --el Chapulin Colorado

http://www.vingtsunaz.com/
    www.nationalvt.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Grumblegeezer View Post
    Yeah, I thought the same thing, ...that it reminds me of old HK movie WC. But I'm not sure that's such a good thing. Any idea why he turns his head side-to-side so much? Also, is it just me or does he bob up and down excessively? Not judging... just asking.

Some of the applications of movements are similar to what I've been shown, but seem to use a lot more leg and body force, complete with grimacing and grunting. Not sure about that either. Honestly, I can't get too much just from watching a clip.
    Vancouvers sifu Fred Kwok is from Jiu Wan. He and his students are hard hittin hard trainin'chunners. I agree this does look abit similar.
    "Wing Chun is a bell that appears when rung.

jiu wan

i've seen the video clips of fred kwok, and you right he does look similar. whats funny is the jiu wan branch of wing chun i'm
    from is more fluid looking. i'm not saying better, it just looks so different. interesting!
    sincerly, eddie