There has been a lot of discussion on this the Wing Chun forum that can best be described as unfortunate and I have been one of the biggest contributors to this mess. I've stated elsewhere why I felt the way I did and why I got involved.

But I'm not justifying myself. My behaviour has been questionable and even somewhat childish at times. I fully get this and am remorseful for that aspect of the discussion generally contributing towards lowering the tone.

I have come to realise one or two things during all this.

1/. Not everyone feels as passionately as I do.
2/. Not everyone is honest and up-front when they should be.
3/. A great many hide behind pseudonyms.
4/. A great many have agenda's.
5/. We All have to strive to lift the tone and behaviour exhibited here, myself no less than anyone else!

So I's like to ask you ALL to participate on how this can be achieved? What is the way forward?

As a means of starting discussion, why don't we treat each other as if we were in their school, Guan, Tang, Kwoon, Dojo whatever you want to call it?

What rules of conversation, discussion and engagement or agreeing to disagree could we apply to ourselves here on this forum, the whole forum?

How many of you are really for raising the bar here or am I simply pipe-dreaming?

I often read Gene Ching's posts in the Magazine about Wude, Martial Spirit, Ethics and behaviour and agree with his views whilst shaking my head at my own behaviour often not being aligned to these very same things that at one time or another we all have been exposed to, taught and ought to strive for.

So ... the discussion is open ... does anyone want to contribute?