Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
I said before that I don't normally go to any of the other forums here at KFO. But I decided to check them out today and went to the general "Kung Fu Forum." Lo and behold, this is the very first thread I see:

http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/...defense-of-gus

So obviously the Wing Chun Forum isn't the only forum with issues. Just thought this was a valuable data point on this thread, since so many non-Wing Chun guys felt the need to jump in and give us advice.
All forums have debates and issues, that particular debate you are talking about goes back to 2003 on here and is a beef between some training brothers But its probably the only thread anywhere else at the moment on this entire forum which has anything like the level of rubbish this wing chun forum has on a daily basis, the other top threads on the main forum are how to counter your opponents counter, a thread about bruce lee, a plea on how kung fu should be taught, a thread asking about golden bell training and so on, and at least in the Gus thread he actually stepped up and fought to back his point up, if only henrick et all would do the same
looking at the other foums the mantis forum here for example there are a couple of historical doc threads and that’s it, southern forum one about Gus, one about interesting articles and some technical questions being asked only in the wing chun forum is this stuff going on over and over , which is why non wing chun guys pop over, by and large the other forums are boring and no one can believe stuff like this actually goes on in so called fighting arts
I mean take that thread about Gus and black taoist you are so happy to draw comparisons about, at least they both stepped up and fought to settle their differences, actually fought with hard contact the closest the wing chun forum has come to this is when kevin did chi sao touchy feely stuff and got owned