Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: The Way Forward

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    The guy in the clip was an impersonator anyway. The real Chopper was a criminal douche.
    I agree, but not the sort of guy you'd want to upset

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant View Post
    This forum is hilarious. You guys crack me up. I hope that you don't go and start moderating this forum based on one perspective because that would totally kill this forum, which seems to be the most active by far on KFO these days. Web traffic equals advertisers and hits to martialartsmart.com so putting the brakes on and clearing out the freak show would be a) boring and b) a bad business decision (IMO of course).

The very fact that most of you are very passionate about wing chun and willing to over analyze, debate 'the real wing chun', whose technique is bull$hit and call them out, the history of the mystery which can probably never really be solved, and all that other craziness is what makes it BETTER than other forums! You can come over here and have a perfectly good argument at any given minute, and there's always gonna be people to argue with and turn it into a 30 page thread! How awesome is that?!? The various other forums on KFO (which seem relatively dead these days compared to how they used to be) and elsewhere where people do sip tea and play nicely are usually dead and boring! I'd rather pop in here and watch the melee where people are passionate about unearthing some mystery or snake engine, getting fired up over defining some angle while some else is telling them they suck and breaking a bottle of whiskey over their head. Now that's entertaining and that's also why this forum regularly has by far the most people reading and posting. You've gotta be part PT Barnum these days to keep a good show going, and if someone truly can't stand the heat, nonsense and the never ending cyclical arguments, then just friggin click some where else, that simple.
    Now that's a pretty good assessment! Gene shouldn't be complaining about us at all!

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    I agree, but not the sort of guy you'd want to upset
    See! Even on threads that seem to go nowhere I find myself learning neat stuff. Before this, I'd never heard of "Chopper".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9reup-d0qHI

...and now I've got a handy new slogan! I'll try it out on my former assistant instructor who has stopped coming to class because of a sore neck he got during a bit of clinch-work last week. ...or should I say last weak? Heck I'm a few of weeks shy of 59 and have accumulated injuries than I count ...but I don't go blaming my training partners for my own lame-ness. (Literally. I am partially lame -- traumatic arthritis from leg and ankle injuries. LOL).
    "No contaban con mi astucia!" --el Chapulin Colorado

http://www.vingtsunaz.com/
    www.nationalvt.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Grumblegeezer View Post
    See! Even on threads that seem to go nowhere I find myself learning neat stuff. Before this, I'd never heard of "Chopper".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9reup-d0qHI

...and now I've got a handy new slogan! I'll try it out on my former assistant instructor who has stopped coming to class because of a sore neck he got during a bit of clinch-work last week. ...or should I say last weak? Heck I'm a few of weeks shy of 59 and have accumulated injuries than I count ...but I don't go blaming my training partners for my own lame-ness. (Literally. I am partially lame -- traumatic arthritis from leg and ankle injuries. LOL).
    Well done GG........... now go and harden the **** up!

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    The WC forum is kind of a running joke, I am sorry to say.
    The pointless bickering and arguments about the most insignificant of crap is truly mind boggling.
    ).
    I said before that I don't normally go to any of the other forums here at KFO. But I decided to check them out today and went to the general "Kung Fu Forum." Lo and behold, this is the very first thread I see:

http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/...defense-of-gus

So obviously the Wing Chun Forum isn't the only forum with issues. Just thought this was a valuable data point on this thread, since so many non-Wing Chun guys felt the need to jump in and give us advice.

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    I said before that I don't normally go to any of the other forums here at KFO. But I decided to check them out today and went to the general "Kung Fu Forum." Lo and behold, this is the very first thread I see:

So obviously the Wing Chun Forum isn't the only forum with issues. Just thought this was a valuable data point on this thread, since so many non-Wing Chun guys felt the need to jump in and give us advice.
    Gus could have been a wing chun teacher it s the same every where. The only issue is guys who practice some Chinese martial art who never really spar but think they can fight or know about application. There is nothing wrong with doing martial art for reasons other than fighting I mean there are cardio kick boxing and Title type boxing gyms for fitness.

Quote Originally Posted by Minghequan View Post
    Really guys! This is the best you can do?

Sad, Really Sad!
    Mister,with respect and no offense ; your avatar and sig. look like you are pantomiming , aren't they ?
    The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up ~ Mohammed Ali

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post

All forums have debates and issues, that particular debate you are talking about goes back to 2003 on here and is a beef between some training brothers But its probably the only thread anywhere else at the moment on this entire forum which has anything like the level of rubbish this wing chun forum has on a daily basis, the other top threads on the main forum are how to counter your opponents counter, a thread about bruce lee, a plea on how kung fu should be taught, a thread asking about golden bell training and so on, and at least in the Gus thread he actually stepped up and fought to back his point up, if only henrick et all would do the same
    looking at the other foums the mantis forum here for example there are a couple of historical doc threads and that’s it, southern forum one about Gus, one about interesting articles and some technical questions being asked only in the wing chun forum is this stuff going on over and over , which is why non wing chun guys pop over, by and large the other forums are boring and no one can believe stuff like this actually goes on in so called fighting arts
    I mean take that thread about Gus and black taoist you are so happy to draw comparisons about, at least they both stepped up and fought to settle their differences, actually fought with hard contact the closest the wing chun forum has come to this is when kevin did chi sao touchy feely stuff and got owned