Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: McDojo Stories

yeah... 'whatever.' see my sig tag.
    Master...Teach me kung fu.

Quote Originally Posted by Banjos_dad
    yeah... 'whatever.' see my sig tag.
    Okey-dokey. And put down Reeders some more. LOL

Being a fraud or not says nothing about how popular you are.
    That's the whole point of being a fraud, to gain popularity and to gain other material things based on the gullibilty of others.

The people who are most uncomfortable with being called frauds are the actual frauds. lol

If someone is genuine, then they'll act it in the face of detraction. There's nothing wrong with telling someone to f off. It is perfectly acceptable, except that frauds don't do this, they tend to lead you on a little path that will go nowhere and hopefully take enough turns that you'll get lost in the double speak and nonsense to bother with the relevant poiint to begin with which is, they are fraudulent.

Frauds can survive a long time and even go through an entire lifetime and subsequently pass their lie along to others until way down the line truth smacks down one of them and they are forced to reassess.

correction may or may not occur. years will add to the treacherous behaviour of a fraud. they refine their lies and begin to believe them as truths themselves.

Often, the solution is the short/sharp/shock. Many never receive this most helpful life tool.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

The bottom line is this. If you can't tell the difference between real martial arts and fake martial arts, then you might as well just study fake.

Because what's the difference?

What are YOU getting out of the martial arts? What do you WANT to get out of the martial arts?

If a school is giving the person what they want, who is anybody really to argue?

I still can't get over the fact that Reeders was getting called a McDojo ...

Quote Originally Posted by neilhytholt
    The bottom line is this. If you can't tell the difference between real martial arts and fake martial arts, then you might as well just study fake.

Because what's the difference?

What are YOU getting out of the martial arts? What do you WANT to get out of the martial arts?

If a school is giving the person what they want, who is anybody really to argue?

I still can't get over the fact that Reeders was getting called a McDojo ...
    I dunno man. It is unfair to expect people to tell the difference when they have nothing to base any observation on experientially.

for instance a person with no training whatsoever wouldn't know what is and what is not corrct.

a person with a little training only has perspective in regards to that which he has been taught and can for the most part only speak to that experience.

a person with training over a longer period of time that has experienced results and has visited more than one type of training will likely have the most open perspective about it.

a person with a lot of training in at least one art and a taste of several others, direct experience with what works and what doesn't is the one who will be able to more easily detect the BS because the errors will be glaringly evident to them.

as for historical stuff, well some stuff is easily disprovable, such as everything on that site that has been noted in thsi thread. It contradicts everything that is not only accepted mythologically but the factual as well. To claim that Reeders is certified by a dead Dalai Lama is just a total crock of sh1t and it shines the light of suspicion on him for letting that be out there about him or by making that remark himself.

teh good thing about the internet is that the bullsh1t artists are getting to be fewer and fewer due to the rapid communication lines available.

faling like flies from the burn of their own lies. good riddance I say. they ahve done enough damage as is.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson

as for historical stuff, well some stuff is easily disprovable, such as everything on that site that has been noted in thsi thread. It contradicts everything that is not only accepted mythologically but the factual as well. To claim that Reeders is certified by a dead Dalai Lama is just a total crock of sh1t and it shines the light of suspicion on him for letting that be out there about him or by making that remark himself.
    I have done a LOT of research on Reeders, de Thouars, Willie Wetzel, and all those people.

And it's mired a lot in politics.

But have you gone through and broken down their forms? Have you looked at their techniques in the basis of silat and different CMA systems?

Having done this I don't think that I can discount the possibility that somebody in the lineage studied CMA. In fact, I think it's a very obvious fact that somebody in their lineage studied CMA and quite intensively because much of what these people do isn't the same as some other silat.

But, yes, what's on that site doesn't quite add up. The 13th Dalai Lama died in 1933. Reeders supposedly started at age 12, in the early 30s, so the Dalai Lama would have been dead by the time he was 24 if he finished his 12 years of study.

Here's a slightly different history.

http://members.cox.net/eharris2/cimac/history.html

Anyway, I don't know what those particular women teach there, but you shouldn't assume they're a McDojo.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Quote Originally Posted by hung-le
    Here’s some Mcdojo names that I'm always fond of....

Peaceful Dragon martial arts

agreed on all those but 'peaceful dragon'

there is a school in Charlotte NC that goes by 'Hall of the Peaceful Dragon' and the teacher is good and the students he has that choose to fight, can fight.

the ones that choose to do forms, can do forms very well.

IMHO, he does a good job of giving students what they want and developing them in the direction they wish to go.

props, to Sifu S'barge.

FTR, it's the only school I've ever seen that has 'peaceful dragon' in thier name.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Question Wushu Kwan/CK Chang...Info Please. McDojo?

Greetings all

The school where I train Qixing at has been put on hold as my sifu has to work nights. I dont have the means or time to travel to any of the further away lessons that he runs (I travelled 2 hours to get to the one that just stopped) so I need to find a substitute venue until it starts it back up again.

I have more than enough qixing material to practice so I am basically thinking of finding a temporary venue where I can use their equiptment/space to train.

I came across a place in london that has a couple of halls, a gym and bags/pad/matts. They also teach a variety of M/As from BJJ and Muay Thai to 'Wushu Kwan'. The MA gym is quite inexpensive and classes are included within the monthly payment. I figured seen as this is the case, I might as well take part if only for the sparring practice.

Anyways back to topic. They teach 'Wushu Kwan'. I googled it and from what ive seen (GI's, belts etc) it looks a bit sketchy???
    Does anyone have any info on this please? Is it just contemporary wushu or is it some weird MCDOJO style. Also, any info on C.K Chang?

I would just like to know what you guys think in terms of it being a temporary place to train mantis with the occassional class for sparring purposes?

Regards

Craig

bump

common help a brother out

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wu_Shu_Kwan

is this their site:

http://www.union.ic.ac.uk/acc/kungfu/grading.php

looks kinda "iffy" if this is their site. but i dont see a bjj reference so maybe just the wushukwan name.
    Last edited by Lucas; 01-29-2008 at 03:23 PM.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

check out the places bjj teacher. should be easy to research him with the structure bjj community has.

Wushukwan to me sounds like it could non comtemp.

sounds like internal/external cma techniques/theory/concept/methods fused with modern sport science.

Could be worth checking out.

A place that offers CMA training and also has a good BJJ coach might be worth further inspection.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

here is a tree of the wushukwan's administration, beginning with C. K. CHang.

http://www.wushukwan.com/whos_who.html

Wushu Kwan seems to be a UK thing, I've only seen it in the US once, in the 1980's, it looked like Taekwondo with some CMA thrown in to make it "cool"... honestly, it looked like the epitomy of McDojo/Bullshido
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    Wushu Kwan seems to be a UK thing, I've only seen it in the US once, in the 1980's, it looked like Taekwondo with some CMA thrown in to make it "cool"... honestly, it looked like the epitomy of McDojo/Bullshido
    it has this kind of shaolin do feel to it

I'd like to see more infor on Chang and see if he is actually Korean
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....