Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 191

Thread: On why I think Hendrik is on to something.

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,781
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
    Thank you for agreeing with me. It does not matter if we call them joints, springs or bows. Personally, I refer to them as 'joints' when talking to students. Again, the point of my opening post was to suggest that introducing that idea early on, the 6 or 7 joints or whatever you want to call them, is a good idea and helps speeds things up. I never said they were some high level concept, in fact I said the opposite. Indeed, you said you agree with sanjuro_ronin but you actually argue a point counter to him!

    Many of the replies to me in this thread are classic examples of opposition, and false opposition at that, for opposition sake. It is funny and ironic watching all these missteps as you attempt to just bully people and shout them down, rather than ask questions for clarification. I am not accusing you specifically, JPinAZ, just making a general comment.
    Are there planets in alignment today or solar flares or something? Because after reading this thread and the way people are acting/reacting to stuff that's not even going on, it is starting to come off as some bizarre Twilight Zone episode.

    Really, I have no idea what you're making such a fuss about, as I don't remember saying I agreed or disagreed with you at all on this thread. I just couldn't understand why people were having a hard time understanding what Sanjuro wrote, as it made pretty simple sense to me - as does what you're saying in this post. Actually, it seems you are both saying the sorta the same thing on this point, so not really sure the confusion.

    But now I'm bullying and shutting people down? you got all of that from my posts? Yeah, I didn't appreciate getting lumped together by Keith as usual and called close minded and I have no idea what trip Ali's on... but now I'm at fault here for just sharing an opinion? I think everyone really needs to take a deep breath and relax a bit. Or maybe take a break and come back at it tomorrow because this thread is really taking a weird turn for the strange and unusually more-unusual than this forum normally is..
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,781
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali. R View Post
    I don’t like the way ‘Biz Markie’ looks, or Mick Jagger's lips. But I don’t hate everything about those guys, like you with me.
    You couldn't say it could you?
    Your continued accusations toward me are ignorant and if I cared, insulting. I'm done with your negative, paranoid and delusional behavior.
    Last edited by JPinAZ; 06-03-2014 at 12:17 PM.
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

  3. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ View Post
    Are there planets in alignment today or solar flares or something? Because after reading this thread and the way people are acting/reacting to stuff that's not even going on, it is starting to come off as some bizarre Twilight Zone episode.

    Really, I have no idea what you're making such a fuss about, as I don't remember saying I agreed or disagreed with you at all on this thread. I just couldn't understand why people were having a hard time understanding what Sanjuro wrote, as it made pretty simple sense to me - as does what you're saying in this post. Actually, it seems you are both saying the sorta the same thing on this point, so not really sure the confusion.

    But now I'm bullying and shutting people down? you got all of that from my posts? Yeah, I didn't appreciate getting lumped together by Keith as usual and called close minded and I have no idea what trip Ali's on... but now I'm at fault here for just sharing an opinion? I think everyone really needs to take a deep breath and relax a bit. Or maybe take a break and come back at it tomorrow because this thread is really taking a weird turn for the strange and unusually more-unusual than this forum normally is..
    I say this in a totally open handed way and invite you to read over some of the posts I've made in reply to you and the citations of you I've made. I would also invite you to re-read my opening post and follow the clarifications I make in subsequent posts. No hard feelings here.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    22,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali. R View Post
    And youíre the biggest clown that Iíve ever seen in my life.

    Now, put that on and see if it fits,
    Nice knowing you.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    22,250
    Paddington,
    You attempts are some sort of intellectual superiority are rather sad.
    None of what you wrote is above anyone heads, we simply disagree with you and Hendrick's pontification.
    Period.
    None of that matters as much as the silliness that Ali has brought into this thread with his veiled accusations of racism and his incredibly erroneous accusation of plagiarisms.
    That will be dealt with ASAP.
    Done with this thread.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

  6. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Nice knowing you.
    Stop jumping to other targets that you perceive are easier to verbally fight with. There are a number of counter points I've made to yours and a number of observations I've made that place you in a poor light. I am the correct target for your verbal assault, not Ali R.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville Kentucky
    Posts
    1,218
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Plagiarism ?
    When I post a link to a public source and acknowledge the source?
    OK Ali, I wanna make this perfectly clear because, I know, that you don't always comprehend things very well.
    Are you accusing me of plagiarizing by linking to public website?
    Yes, by using someone else's words, which drew you even further from the original premise because you couldn't come up with your own, which is sad and very weak. But, if it hadn't thrown you off the point/premise, then I've might have giving you a little credit, but you're simply worthless.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    22,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
    Stop jumping to other targets that you perceive are easier to verbally fight with. There are a number of counter points I've made to yours and a number of observations I've made that place you in a poor light. I am the correct target for your verbal assault, not Ali R.
    Ali made false accusations and implied racism, that is far moire important that any WC silliness right now.
    We have a zero tolerance for that crap, even in the WC forum.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville Kentucky
    Posts
    1,218
    Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ View Post
    You couldn't say it could you?
    Your continued accusations toward me are ignorant and if I cared, insulting. I'm done with your negative, paranoid and delusional behavior.
    I couldn't say what? I'd meant what I've wrote, and what do you want me to say?

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Rockville, MD
    Posts
    2,662
    Stop right there. I will not address anything else you said until you can do it with a bit of respect.

    First, stop grouping me with other people. Every time there's a discussion, you have some weird attachment to grouping a bunch of people together. Why is that?


    I was not disrepectful at all. And recall, you said this:

    This post made perfect sense to me. I'm not sure why there was so much confusion over this. The general idea is, there is no need to mystify things - if you understand things at the mechanics level, then you should be able to teach it in simple terms and ideas that beginners understand without all the tacked-on mumbo jumbo nonsense. Simple

    It seemed to me that you were saying that Paddington was "mystifying" things and referred to what he was saying as "mumbo jumbo nonsense." You certainly didn't understand what he was trying to convey, and certainly missed his point. You definitely belonged in the "group" I was addressing. So you can stop generalizing about me and address me with a bit more respect yourself. And besides, it sounds like you need to HARDEN THE FXCK UP! to quote a recent recommendation.
    Last edited by KPM; 06-03-2014 at 12:27 PM.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville Kentucky
    Posts
    1,218
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Ali made false accusations and implied racism, that is far moire important that any WC silliness right now.
    We have a zero tolerance for that crap, even in the WC forum.
    This is how you run away from subjects and you only see racism because you want to see it. I've been called uppity and all kinds of foul things here on this forum, where were you then?

  12. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    The only ones that didn't get it dude are the ones that spend all their time SAYING and THINKING and very little actually DOING.
    The sad part is that I still love WC, I still use quite a bit of it and it served me well when I transitioned over to SPM.
    And I am not alone on this.
    WC is an excellent system, it is simple, concise and effective.
    Because it is heavily specialized the "secret" to making it work ( IE: you can fight ANYONE with it, not just other WC people) is that you must cross-test it VS other systems that do NOT have the same body-movement patterns.
    Doing WC VS VC will make you good at, *gasp*, fighting WC.
    The carryover VS other systems is harder compared to say MT or Hung Kuen for example, is that those two have a more "natural" way of fighting while WC, as I have mentioned before, is more specialized.
    It's not just WC by the way, SPM, Dragons fist, Pak Mei, most of the southern "hands" have that "problem".
    Of course that problem is also it's biggest advantage because since the southern hand fighter is bringing something different to the fight, he MAY have the advantage.

    ANYONE that has done more than ONE MA knows how much even dissimilar systems have in common at their core.

    The body moves the way the body moves and, baring some minor adjustments, it isn't really that complicated.

    I will say this to anyone though:
    The proof of ANY MA is in fighting, period.
    Not co-operative fighting, not "student fighting teacher mode", no, fighting someone that wants to knock your block off.

    You can express to your students in whatever way you feel tickles your fancy and you can believe that is the best way for them to learn, BUT the only way to know IF they have learned and how well is to see them fight.

    The most effective systems of unarmed combat ( in terms of not only producing fighters but proving themselves) has shown that there is NO NEED for any gibberish in teaching.

    And to make clear a point that seems to be getting confused over and over:
    You do NOT use bio-mechanical terms ( though terms like leverage and such are common place), you use your understanding of bio-mechanics and such to explain things SIMPLY.
    No one is saying that you can't use analogies like a "bow" or "bullet" or "whip" ( a common one also), I am saying there there is no need for overly exotic silliness.
    Thank you for talking sense. You are of course 100% right on the money. Its always the guys who can't do it but want to tell you how it should be done that use the gibberish. Its really simple, you show some one how to do it then have them practice doing it. No explanation needed. Of course if you can't do it and so can't teach them how to do it then you talk gibberish about bows and the spine and chi and the rest.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,781
    Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Stop right there. I will not address anything else you said until you can do it with a bit of respect.

    First, stop grouping me with other people. Every time there's a discussion, you have some weird attachment to grouping a bunch of people together. Why is that?


    I was not disrepectful at all. And recall, you said this:
    What do you call it when you lump me in with other 'narrow minded people' you feel you need to talk down to in simple terms so we all get it?
    We've gone thru this a few times in the past, some of which you've apologized for, yet you continue to do it. Yes, I find that a lack of respect. I don't group you with anyone because, even if I disagree with you, I still see you as an intelligent person that is fully capable of speaking for yourself. That is respect. I just ask the same from you in return.

    *Edit* As for the rest, if someone wants to comment on something I've said regarding the OP's subject or 6/7 bows, I'm all for it but I'm done with the back and forth he-said she-said personal stuff, it's not worth the hassle.
    Last edited by JPinAZ; 06-03-2014 at 01:15 PM. Reason: why waste the time
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville Kentucky
    Posts
    1,218
    Youíre so far off the subject itís not even funny anymore, and I believe that youíre doing it on purpose.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Canada!
    Posts
    23,109

    Time out.

    Let's keep it civil in here please and thank you.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •