Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: On why I think Hendrik is on to something.

Oh, The Irony #Four

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Fu*k example, and why use plagiarism. Lost for words, huh. And you seem to get a big kick out of who might be a fraud (or not)....

Check yourself,

Quote Originally Posted by Grumblegeezer View Post
    JP, I'm glad you pointed this out. I confess that I often tend to space out a bit when I try to read Hedrick's stuff, so I just kinda assumed that his seven bows were the ankles, knees, hip, spine, shoulder, elbow, and wrist -- since this is what I get when I count up from the foot to the fist. Of course my body might be different than Hendrick's. :P
    Haha, try watching one of his videos if you really want to space out

And yeah, that's what I initially assumed as well. Until I pried my eyes open and waded thru his posts and found out that the 'foot' is the 7th bow - in Henrik's understanding anyway. It's not even a major joint (if you can count it as one at all. I guess the toes have joints..). While all the parts of the body are important, there really there isn't a whole lot of function it has after the ankle in regards to joint power and receiving/expelling force except for something to balance on and connect with the floor. By ignoring the spine, one is ignoring WC's first idea of centerline and this is self centerline and gravity. All the bows in the world won't do anyone any good if there is no precise way to connect them or if you can't stand up straight, and this is where the spine is so important. To completely disregard this is, IMO, proof that someone isn't doing the actual physical work to back up their theories.
    Last edited by JPinAZ; 06-03-2014 at 11:02 AM.
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ View Post
    You said this in reply to "Please explain to us in biomechanical and kinesiological terms in "English" what Paddington is talking about."
    Didn't he JUST do this a few posts ago?
    No one would agree on that statement but you, because you hate everything about me. The way I look, the way I post, the way I present my wing chun etc……….
    He did not deal with the question at hand and everyone here knows that to be true, but you.

This post made perfect sense to me. I'm not sure why there was so much confusion over this. The general idea is, there is no need to mystify things - [...] On a side note, the 7 bows thing is not really that high level or difficult. It's really just simple WC mechanics [...]
    Thank you for agreeing with me. It does not matter if we call them joints, springs or bows. Personally, I refer to them as 'joints' when talking to students. Again, the point of my opening post was to suggest that introducing that idea early on, the 6 or 7 joints or whatever you want to call them, is a good idea and helps speeds things up. I never said they were some high level concept, in fact I said the opposite. Indeed, you said you agree with sanjuro_ronin but you actually argue a point counter to him!

Many of the replies to me in this thread are classic examples of opposition, and false opposition at that, for opposition sake. It is funny and ironic watching all these missteps as you attempt to just bully people and shout them down, rather than ask questions for clarification. I am not accusing you specifically, JPinAZ, just making a general comment.
    Last edited by Paddington; 06-03-2014 at 11:26 AM. Reason: SR => sanjuro_ronin

Quote Originally Posted by Ali. R View Post
    Fu*k example, and why use plagiarism. Lost for words, huh. And you seem to get a big kick out of who might be a fraud (or not)....

Check yourself,
    Plagiarism ?
    When I post a link to a public source and acknowledge the source?
    OK Ali, I wanna make this perfectly clear because, I know, that you don't always comprehend things very well.
    Are you accusing me of plagiarizing by linking to public website?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

No one would agree on that statement but you, because you hate everything about me. The way I look, the way I post, the way I present my wing chun etc……….
    He did not deal with the question at hand and everyone here knows that to be true, but you.
    And in regards to this post, I know have my moderator hat on by the way, what exactly are you saying here when you state that "you hate everything about me. The way I look..."

Please be very clear because you seem to be implying something very, VERY serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
    Thank you for agreeing with me. It does not matter if we call them joints, springs or bows. Personally, I refer to them as 'joints' when talking to students. Again, the point of my opening post was to suggest that introducing that idea early on, the 6 or 7 joints or whatever you want to call them, is a good idea and helps speeds things up. I never said they were some high level concept, in fact I said the opposite. Indeed, you said you agree with SR but you actually argue a point counter to him!

Many of the replies to me in this thread are classic examples of opposition, and false opposition at that, for opposition sake. It is funny and ironic watching all these missteps as you attempt to just bully people and shout them down, rather than ask questions for clarification. I am not accusing you specifically, JPinAZ, just making a general comment.
    Lets try to be clear then:
    My point is simply this -
    We do NOT need to use exotic or esoteric terms like Hendrick does ( since his posts ARE the subject title of this thread) and can explain the physical attributed and principles of WC ( or any other MA for that matter) with common words as long as we have a solid grasp of bio-mechanics and Kinesiology, of how the body works.
    Do you agree or disagree?

Lets try to be clear then:
    My point is simply this -
    We do NOT need to use exotic or esoteric terms like Hendrick does ( since his posts ARE the subject title of this thread) and can explain the physical attributed and principles of WC ( or any other MA for that matter) with common words as long as we have a solid grasp of bio-mechanics and Kinesiology, of how the body works.
    Do you agree or disagree?
    They are not esoteric terms. Again the point of this thread was to talk about the merits and disadvantages of talking about the 6 or 7 that many people, including those in the body of literature you cite, talk about in the beginning stages of a student's journey through wing chun. What is more simple than labeling them 1, 2, 3, 4... etc.? Seriously, you and a few others are really making fools of yourselves and I am sorry if you feel it has been some form of entrapment; that was not my intent.

They are not esoteric terms. Again the point of this thread was to talk about the merits and disadvantages of talking about the 6 or 7 that many people, including those in the body of literature you cite, talk about in the beginning stages of a student's journey through wing chun. What is more simple than labeling them 1, 2, 3, 4... etc.? Seriously, you and a few others are really making fools of yourselves and I am sorry if you feel it has been some form of entrapment; that was not my intent.
    Entrapment?
    Dude, quite simply I pointed out there is no need to use the terms Hendrick does to typically explain things that are common in most MA.
    Why start off a student on that path?
    If you or Hendrick chooses that way, that is your problem.
    My point was simply that there is no need for that and that, far too many times, it happens because a teacher is trying to sound more "exotic" and different and having the "real/true WC".

I don’t have any clue on what the heck you’re talking about

And in regards to this post, I know have my moderator hat on by the way....

And you’re the biggest clown that I’ve ever seen in my life.

Now, put that on and see if it fits,

Whoaw.. Besides always playing the self-imposed the poor-me victim here, it's clear there may be something seriously wrong with you.
    I hate you? I hate your wing chun? I hate the way you LOOK?!? Really ali, I really don't give 2 sh!ts about you one way or the other. Except now I can see you are paranoid, delusional and a bit F'd in the head to be frank. But what you are implying here speaks volumes for your low level character.

Instead of beating around the bush, why don't you say EXACTLY what you mean by me hating you because of your 'looks'
    Last edited by JPinAZ; 06-03-2014 at 11:46 AM.
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

Entrapment?
    Dude, quite simply I pointed out there is no need to use the terms Hendrick does to typically explain things that are common in most MA.
    Why start off a student on that path?
    If you or Hendrick chooses that way, that is your problem.
    My point was simply that there is no need for that and that, far too many times, it happens because a teacher is trying to sound more "exotic" and different and having the "real/true WC".
    You are missing the point and it is perhaps because you are letting your emotions run away with you given the les faux pas that you and others have made in this thread.

When you review Hendrik's material one of the things he does is to introduce those 6 or 7 reference points really early on for beginners. What they are called or how they should be referred to is not the point I am making. Rather, I focus on Hendrik's suggestion that they should be introduced early on. It has nothing to do with wanting to be exotic. Look, we can continue going in circles but with each iteration you actually spiral further into embarrassment.

I've already appologised for using technical terms from theories of learning to argue that the 6 or 7 reference points are 'simple' ideas and JP agrees with me on this. Just let it go and acknowledge that you missed the point and are in error. If you can't do that then just leave this thread alone.
    Last edited by Paddington; 06-03-2014 at 11:54 AM. Reason: grammar

Whoaw.. Besides always playing the self-imposed the poor-me victim here, it's clear there may be something seriously wrong with you.
    I hate you? I hate your wing chun? I hate the way you LOOK?!? Really ali, I really don't give 2 sh!ts about you one way or the other. Except now I can see you are paranoid, delusional and a bit F'd in the head to be frank. But what you are implying here speaks volumes for your low level character.

Instead of beating around the bush, why don't you say EXACTLY what you mean by me hating you because of your 'looks'
    And because I disarmed you, you choose another target that you feel easier to vent your frustrations on? Look, Ali sees, as I do (sorry for making this assumption Ali), the idiocy of some of the replies in this thread which are nothing more than poor attempts to bully and be oppositional for oppositions sake. Such posts are a good example of the type of character that some of you have and it 'aint a positive one. For a very long time such people have been bringing down these forums and driving contributors away. That is how I see it.

I don’t like the way ‘Biz Markie’ looks, or Mick Jagger's lips. But I don’t hate everything about those guys, like you with me.

You're Right.

And because I disarmed you, you choose another target that you feel easier to vent your frustrations on? Look, Ali sees, as I do (sorry for making this assumption Ali), the idiocy of some of the replies in this thread which are nothing more than poor attempts to bully and be oppositional for oppositions sake. Such posts are a good example of the type of character that some of you have and it 'aint a positive one. For a very long time such people have been bringing down these forums and driving contributors away. That is how I see it.
    I see it the same way and that's why I'm so disgusted.