Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 109

Thread: Something Stinks!!!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Rockville, MD
    Posts
    2,662

    Something Stinks!!!

    sanjuro-ronin had this to say on the “Way Forward” thread directed at the Wing Chun forum:

    they are closed minded and arrogant AND ignorant about the reality of MA.
    I think you guys just need to grow up, stop trying to be such prima donas
    get over yourselves and grow up ( and grow a pair while you are at it).
    Maybe you WC guys should trade in the sand in your vagina for a pair of balls
    Everyone else sees you guys as the armchair warriors and drama queens that you are.
    You guys are lucky than ANYONE wants to moderate this desolate waste of cyber space that is populated by a bunch of whiny pussies.



    Nothing came of it, and in fact, when I pointed out that this was very inappropriate multiple people said that I was the one that was out-of-line.

    Now today Ali R. said this in reply to something said by JP:

    No one would agree on that statement but you, because you hate everything about me. The way I look, the way I post, the way I present my wing chun etc……….
    He did not deal with the question at hand and everyone here knows that to be true, but you.


    Granted, not the most respectful thing to say, but at least he didn't call anyone a p@ssy.

    Sanjuro Ronin responded with this:

    And in regards to this post, I know have my moderator hat on by the way, what exactly are you saying here when you state that "you hate everything about me. The way I look..." Please be very clear because you seem to be implying something very, VERY serious.

    And this:
    Ali made false accusations and implied racism, that is far moire important that any WC silliness right now.
    We have a zero tolerance for that crap, even in the WC forum.


    And with no further warnings directly to Ali R. he is suddenly banned from this forum.

    It seems we went from having no moderation at all, to having some pretty heavy-handed moderation. And from appearances, this came from sanjuro-ronin, who isn’t even a moderator for this forum and certainly isn't one to be telling other people how to behave.

    Something is not right here. Ali should not be banned.
    Last edited by KPM; 06-03-2014 at 07:15 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    809
    Name:  crying-baby-boy.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  36.7 KB

    Don't feel sad.
    "I'm a highly ranked officer of his tong. HE is the Dragon Head. our BOSS. our LEADER. the Mountain Lord." - hskwarrior

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tainan ,Taiwan
    Posts
    388
    Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    sanjuro-ronin had this to say on the “Way Forward” thread directed at the Wing Chun forum:

    they are closed minded and arrogant AND ignorant about the reality of MA.
    I think you guys just need to grow up, stop trying to be such prima donas
    get over yourselves and grow up ( and grow a pair while you are at it).
    Maybe you WC guys should trade in the sand in your vagina for a pair of balls
    Everyone else sees you guys as the armchair warriors and drama queens that you are.
    You guys are lucky than ANYONE wants to moderate this desolate waste of cyber space that is populated by a bunch of whiny pussies.



    Nothing came of it, and in fact, when I pointed out that this was very inappropriate multiple people said that I was the one that was out-of-line.

    Now today Ali R. said this in reply to something said by JP:

    No one would agree on that statement but you, because you hate everything about me. The way I look, the way I post, the way I present my wing chun etc……….
    He did not deal with the question at hand and everyone here knows that to be true, but you.


    Granted, not the most respectful thing to say, but at least he didn't call anyone a p@ssy.

    Sanjuro Ronin responded with this:

    And in regards to this post, I know have my moderator hat on by the way, what exactly are you saying here when you state that "you hate everything about me. The way I look..." Please be very clear because you seem to be implying something very, VERY serious.

    And this:
    Ali made false accusations and implied racism, that is far moire important that any WC silliness right now.
    We have a zero tolerance for that crap, even in the WC forum.


    And with no further warnings directly to Ali R. he is suddenly banned from this forum.

    It seems we went from having no moderation at all, to having some pretty heavy-handed moderation. And from appearances, this came from sanjuro-ronin, who isn’t even a moderator for this forum and certainly isn't one to be telling other people how to behave.

    Something is not right here. Ali should not be banned.
    Something is totally not right here . Ali should not be banned , he didn't imply racism . About growing a pair of balls and awareness about some MA reality I can say this , I was in war in 1999 , fought against terrorists and their NATO bosses , I saw terrible things done by thous people , so terrible that 15 years after the war I cannot sleep . That is about reality , it is so funny when wannabe warriors are talking about reality . I play in the sand because I choose to do that , I refuse to hurt other human being and I will avoid violence any way I can . And what about right to freely express your self without judgement ? Why everyone have to be "warriors" to be accepted and respected ? We all measure the world with our own value system , but only small minded person would try to fit the whole world in it .

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by zuti car View Post
    Something is totally not right here . Ali should not be banned , he didn't imply racism . About growing a pair of balls and awareness about some MA reality I can say this , I was in war in 1999 , fought against terrorists and their NATO bosses , I saw terrible things done by thous people , so terrible that 15 years after the war I cannot sleep . That is about reality , it is so funny when wannabe warriors are talking about reality . I play in the sand because I choose to do that , I refuse to hurt other human being and I will avoid violence any way I can . And what about right to freely express your self without judgement ? Why everyone have to be "warriors" to be accepted and respected ? We all measure the world with our own value system , but only small minded person would try to fit the whole world in it .
    ---------------------------------------------------

    I agree. Ali should not be banned.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    482
    Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    It seems we went from having no moderation at all, to having some pretty heavy-handed moderation. And from appearances, this came from sanjuro-ronin, who isn’t even a moderator for this forum...
    Was there more going on behind the scenes? And would it be out of line to ask SR what's going on here?

    IMO "the way forward" isn't about banning somebody over an ambiguous comment that may have been misconstrued, but instead we should simply ignore the trolls, resist the bait, and consistently set a positive example when posting. KPM, you do have a point. SR was hardly leading by example. And banning should be reserved for more extreme cases.
    "No contaban con mi astucia!" --el Chapulin Colorado

    http://www.vingtsunaz.com/
    www.nationalvt.com/

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    ᏌᏂᎭᎢ, ᏥᎾ
    Posts
    3,257
    Quote Originally Posted by zuti car View Post
    Ali should not be banned , he didn't imply racism .
    Then what exactly did he imply? It's not the first time he's done so on these forums.

  7. #7
    I dont think Ali should be banned. He's overall a cool guy, though I dont always agree with what he says.

    But at the same time, what Sanjuro Ronin said about Wing Chunners, at least on these forums (and some others), is really not all that disrespectful when you consider how much truth there is to it. Sanjuro Ronin also happened to say this:

    "The sad part is that I still love WC, I still use quite a bit of it and it served me well when I transitioned over to SPM.
    And I am not alone on this.
    WC is an excellent system, it is simple, concise and effective.
    Because it is heavily specialized the "secret" to making it work ( IE: you can fight ANYONE with it, not just other WC people) is that you must cross-test it VS other systems that do NOT have the same body-movement patterns.
    Doing WC VS VC will make you good at, *gasp*, fighting WC.
    The carryover VS other systems is harder compared to say MT or Hung Kuen for example, is that those two have a more "natural" way of fighting while WC, as I have mentioned before, is more specialized.
    It's not just WC by the way, SPM, Dragons fist, Pak Mei, most of the southern "hands" have that "problem".
    Of course that problem is also it's biggest advantage because since the southern hand fighter is bringing something different to the fight, he MAY have the advantage.
    "

    I think it's a pretty fair view for anyone who is willing to be open and rationale about it. The Wing Chun forum is often full of hearsay and theoretical talk with tons of sifu/lineage worshiping. I'm not saying the people here can't fight. In fact, I'm in no place to say such a thing. But it's no stretch to say that there's a lot of LARPing going on here. Talking of theoretical force handing and how "wing chun should be" by people who most often dont (see: can't) represent what they talk about. And in the few cases that we see the Chun win a competitive fight (see: Alan Orr), everyone who has no tangible evidence of their own skill is all of a sudden an armchair critic. What Ronin has expressed about wing chun and related forums is no attack. I love Ving Tsun and it's my primary art, but its representation on forums is downright embarrassing.
    Everybody wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to die...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2,252
    Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    Then what exactly did he imply? It's not the first time he's done so on these forums.
    Yep, it's not the first time he's done this, he pulls the race card when it suits him

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    5,714
    It's hard to get banned. I've been trying for a long time without success.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

    WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

  10. #10
    I also agree that Ali R. should not be banned. He has actively contributed content to this forum. I am at a loss for words as to why the moderators are choosing to allow the others to ruin this sub forum but ban members that contribute substantive content beyond harrying replies.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,381
    If you don’t like there are two options
    1) Step up and moderate the forum
    2) 2) go elsewhere
    I suppose there is a third option keep moaning and throwing your dummy out of the pram
    The top 8 threads on this forum are about hendrick, his stuff or things to come out of his stuff, that’s not evening including the thread dcolx deleted and the posts he removed, and you wonder why the moderators have arrived here?
    I suspect both Ronin and David have better things to do then pop into this sub forum (god I cant believe im sticking up for Jamison)

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    If you don’t like there are two options
    1) Step up and moderate the forum
    [...]
    I have offered to do this in the past. I still don't mind doing it.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Rockville, MD
    Posts
    2,662
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
    I have offered to do this in the past. I still don't mind doing it.
    I wouldn't mind either. But there has been no call for moderators, nor has this position been openly offered that I know of.
    Last edited by KPM; 06-04-2014 at 03:29 AM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Rockville, MD
    Posts
    2,662
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalSpring View Post

    But at the same time, what Sanjuro Ronin said about Wing Chunners, at least on these forums (and some others), is really not all that disrespectful when you consider how much truth there is to it. Sanjuro Ronin also happened to say this:

    .
    You seem to have missed the point. SR may very well have some valid criticisms of the Wing Chun forum, but it is HOW he presented those criticisms that is the issue. And he did this on a thread with a theme of "The Way Forward" when we had been talking about treating each other respectfully. And he did it very disrepectfully.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    22,250
    Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    You seem to have missed the point. SR may very well have some valid criticisms of the Wing Chun forum, but it is HOW he presented those criticisms that is the issue. And he did this on a thread with a theme of "The Way Forward" when we had been talking about treating each other respectfully. And he did it very disrepectfully.
    I didn't ban Ali, Gene did and only Gene can ban and He did so based on the evidence.
    It is NOT the first time he has been banned for the same reasons.
    He made a slanderous accusation with no basis of merit ( saying I plagiarized an article when I l posted a link to a different website, obviously he has no clue what plagiarism is).
    He then implied that another member was racist because he ( the other member ) didn't like how Ali looked.
    When I warned him, he told me off.


    We have rules here, maybe you guys should familiarize yourselves with them.

    That is all that there is to say on that matter.

    This is what I posted on that thread:

    FYI:
    We have a zero tolerance for accusations of slander, racism, plagiarism, basically any accusation that is serious enough to warrant legal action.
    The individual in question that shot out those accusations has been banned, as he was before when he did similar things and "snuck" back in with a different IP address.
    We can discuss and argue and debate MA as much as we want and it can get as heated as it can UP TO THE POINT where anyone making slanderous accusations will be banned.
    It is just the simple.

    If you have an argument and you feel it has merit then make your point and leave it be, if it has merit and can stand on its own, great, if not then that is OK too.
    What is 100% NOT acceptable is slanderous accusations ( like saying someone is plagiarizing an article) or insinuating that someone is a racist.

    Hope that is understood by all.

    Carry on.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •