Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Something Stinks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    It's hard to get banned. I've been trying for a long time without success.
    Its pretty easy actually.
    Break the rules that will get you banned, as Ali has done more than once.
    Also coming back under another IP address when banned will do it to, which is what Ali also did.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    You seem to have missed the point. SR may very well have some valid criticisms of the Wing Chun forum, but it is HOW he presented those criticisms that is the issue. And he did this on a thread with a theme of "The Way Forward" when we had been talking about treating each other respectfully. And he did it very disrepectfully.
    You know what Kevin, you are right.
    Yes, I was disrespectful.
    It seems that I may have fallen into the trap that I try very hard not to and that is the "ends justify the means".
    I tried to be disrespectful and rude on purpose to "wake you guys up" from this "stupor" that you seem to be in.
    I was WRONG to do it that way.

I truly apologize to you and to any others that I may have offended.

Please understand that I do hold WC in a high regard and that is why I get a bit ****ed off when I see the silliness in the WC forums.
    That is no excuse for writing what I did even IF it was with good intentions.

Again I apologize for the rudeness of my comments.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I didn't ban Ali, Gene did and only Gene can ban and He did so based on the evidence.
    It is NOT the first time he has been banned for the same reasons.
    He made a slanderous accusation with no basis of merit ( saying I plagiarized an article when I l posted a link to a different website, obviously he has no clue what plagiarism is).
    He then implied that another member was racist because he ( the other member ) didn't like how Ali looked.
    When I warned him, he told me off.

We have rules here, maybe you guys should familiarize yourselves with them.

That is all that there is to say on that matter.

This is what I posted on that thread:

FYI:
    We have a zero tolerance for accusations of slander, racism, plagiarism, basically any accusation that is serious enough to warrant legal action.
    The individual in question that shot out those accusations has been banned, as he was before when he did similar things and "snuck" back in with a different IP address.
    We can discuss and argue and debate MA as much as we want and it can get as heated as it can UP TO THE POINT where anyone making slanderous accusations will be banned.
    It is just the simple.

If you have an argument and you feel it has merit then make your point and leave it be, if it has merit and can stand on its own, great, if not then that is OK too.
    What is 100% NOT acceptable is slanderous accusations ( like saying someone is plagiarizing an article) or insinuating that someone is a racist.

Hope that is understood by all.

Carry on.
    Hang on a second, did you write that article you linked to? If not there is no way that charge of plagiarism can stand as a rule break. Besides, I think all Ali was trying to say by using the term plagiarism is that you personally cannot explain in simple language that takes few words, kinesiology and bio-mechanics. Instead you had to resort to going off site for an article and using that instead of your own words; a 'metaphorical plagiarism' if you will.

As for Ali accusing people of being racist, that is really tenuous too. Looks include many, many features or even the way someone dresses. It is a common phrase to say to someone 'I don't like the way you look'. Ali getting banned is bollocks and the context of his comments is clear. I bet some of you are rubbing your hands with glee at what you see as a 'victory'. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
    Hang on a second, did you write that article you linked to? If not there is no way that charge of plagiarism can stand as a rule break. Besides, I think all Ali was trying to say by using the term plagiarism is that you personally cannot explain in simple language that takes few words, kinesiology and bio-mechanics. Instead you had to resort to going off site for an article and using that instead of your own words; a 'metaphorical plagiarism' if you will.

As for Ali accusing people of being racist, that is really tenuous too. Looks include many, many features or even the way someone dresses. It is a common phrase to say to someone 'I don't like the way you look'. Ali getting banned is bollocks and the context of his comments is clear. I bet some of you are rubbing your hands with glee at what you see as a 'victory'. You should be ashamed of yourselves.
    Did you not read what Ronin wrote, he didnt ban anyone he cant, only Gene can, and for gene to make the ban he obviously saw something because he needs evidence before doing anything, something that has been seen before because he has been banned before
    if it is bollocks and you cant stand the people who moderate here, then the answer is quite simple, find another forum to grace your presence with and stop crying on this one

Ali getting banned is bollocks and the context of his comments is clear.
    What exactly then was he referring to when he accused JP of hating him for the way he looks? In what clear context was that comment made? What did it have to do with anything? Where did it even come from?

For those who've been around longer than yourself and have witnessed Ali's paranoid attitude and unwarranted accusations implying racism in the past, it's only history repeating itself. As if being banned for it before wasn't warning enough...

The administrator of the site made that call and HE seemed to think it was the right one.
    Its not the first time he has been banned for this behavior and that he "snuck" back in speaks volumes.

I suggest you do not argue with the decision of the administrator.
    There is nothing further to discuss on THAT matter.
    As for the rest:
    pla·gia·rism [pley-juh-riz-uhm, -jee-uh-riz-] Show IPA
    noun
    an act or instance of using or closely imitating the language and thoughts of another author without authorization and the representation of that author's work as one's own, as by not crediting the original author: It is said that he plagiarized Thoreau's plagiarism of a line written by Montaigne. Synonyms: appropriation, infringement, piracy, counterfeiting; theft, borrowing, cribbing, passing off.

Linking an article on a public website is NOT plagiarism of ANY type.

Understand this so that you and I have no further confusion on this matter:
    I have a Bachelors in Business administration
    A Bach. in Mechanical Engineering
    and a Masters in Theological Studies.

I am very well aware of what plagiarism is and also very aware of how people LIKE to try to passed themselves off as more "intelligent" than other by how they TRY to write.

The administrator of the site made that call and HE seemed to think it was the right one.
    Its not the first time he has been banned for this behavior and that he "snuck" back in speaks volumes.

I suggest you do not argue with the decision of the administrator.
    There is nothing further to discuss on THAT matter.
    As for the rest:
    pla·gia·rism [pley-juh-riz-uhm, -jee-uh-riz-] Show IPA
    noun
    an act or instance of using or closely imitating the language and thoughts of another author without authorization and the representation of that author's work as one's own, as by not crediting the original author: It is said that he plagiarized Thoreau's plagiarism of a line written by Montaigne. Synonyms: appropriation, infringement, piracy, counterfeiting; theft, borrowing, cribbing, passing off.

Linking an article on a public website is NOT plagiarism of ANY type.

Understand this so that you and I have no further confusion on this matter:
    I have a Bachelors in Business administration
    A Bach. in Mechanical Engineering
    and a Masters in Theological Studies.

I am very well aware of what plagiarism is and also very aware of how people LIKE to try to passed themselves off as more "intelligent" than other by how they TRY to write.
    Ali did not mean plagiarism in the proper sense of the term and you know it. I too know what plagiarism is having spent much time in academia, having been published within several different disciplines, and I've already explained what I believe Ali meant by the use of that term.

Personally, I think you would show that you are the better man and illustrate a great deal of integrity by asking Gene to unban Ali.

Ali did not mean plagiarism in the proper sense of the term and you know it. I too know what plagiarism is having spent much time in academia, having been published within several different disciplines, and I've already explained what I believe Ali meant by the use of that term.

Personally, I think you would show that you are the better man and illustrate a great deal of integrity by asking Gene to unban Ali.
    We both know what Ali was trying to do when he accused me of that and accused Jpinz of not like the way he looked.
    Gene also knows and he made the call and we ( moderators) agree with him.
    Whether you realize it or not, there is a pattern with Ali and I gave him the chance to clear up what he was implying and instead he insulted me.
    Seems clear that he was intent on getting himself banned again since it happened the same way before.

The discussion in regards to the banning of Ali is over.
    It should be clear that, as Gene has said many times, this isn't a "democracy" and there are rules and people must follow them.
    As Gene has said repeatedly, this site is operate by the "sheer grace" of a few and is moderated by those willing to volunteer their time for a thankless task.
    We don't ask that you agree with everything you, BUT to realize that when we do it, we don't do it half-ass.
    If you feel anything negative about that, you are free to go elsewhere of course.

Personally I don't wanna lose anyone, even people I don't agree with (especially those I don't agree with as a matter of fact), but rules are rules and we do NOT tolerate that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    What exactly then was he referring to when he accused JP of hating him for the way he looks? In what clear context was that comment made? What did it have to do with anything? Where did it even come from?

For those who've been around longer than yourself and have witnessed Ali's paranoid attitude and unwarranted accusations implying racism in the past, it's only history repeating itself. As if being banned for it before wasn't warning enough...
    Agreed. This is not the first time Ali has said very similar things, to me personal. Or the second. Or the third. And he's been warned by the mods before for both these actions that serve no positive purpose but to attack and slander (proof enough is his continued complaining about his 'unfair warnings'). I'm not a mod, but I am smart enough to know accusations of HATE and implied racial tones both have zero place on any forum, regardless of people's 'differences'.

Whether I think he should be banned or not is not my call, I trust the mods to make that difficult decision - right or wrong. But, as has been pointed out, he has been banned here before and warned multiple times again. My last 2 cents: if anyone goes back to the latest 'Hendrik' thread and reads his posts there and think the majority of his posts weren't offtopic, personal, attacking, or even trolling, well then, that's another problem.. 'specially if the same people may be the ones volunteering to be mods themselves.
    Last edited by JPinAZ; 06-04-2014 at 07:50 AM.
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

apology accepted

...I may have fallen into the trap that I try very hard not to and that is the "ends justify the means"...I tried to be disrespectful and rude on purpose to "wake you guys up" from this "stupor" that you seem to be in. I was WRONG to do it that way...I truly apologize to you and to any others that I may have offended...Again I apologize for the rudeness of my comments.
    Apology accepted. Apology comes out of strength, not weakness. All of you would be wise to to accept this apology and quit adding words to it. Quit trying to be right. This forum is a well-spring resource for learning from each other and as soon as somebody says something you do not agree with, you tell them they are full of excrement, or in my case, tell me to go suck a d*ck. For what reason do you do this? Gung fu is not just a physical capacity. There is an emotional and spiritual capacity, and most important to this forum, an intellectual capacity. Can you demonstrate intellect, your own intellect, rather than citing this guy and that guy? Do you have any ideas of your own? Are you afraid to share your training experience? Do you even have any? I personally have met some great martial artists and made friends with a few on this forum. I have learned some things here as well from these people. That is why I hang around here, for that certain few. I did not get to do that by being a jerk. You do not have to like someone to be civil. However awkward S-R's attempt was to wake you up, it did just that. Now what you going to do about it?

On the banning of Ali R.

Ali R. was originally banned in August 2005. He had five different accounts back then, all permutations of the name Ali Hamad Rahim. He adopted the new moniker that was just banned in November 2007. Our banning system is far from foolproof (or trollproof to be more specific). As we've banned so many members over the years, the less significant trolls, the little ones, tend to fade from memory, so when he re-registered, he managed to slip past our approval process. Personally, I don't feel that bad about this because no one from the forum remembered his original banning either, or if they did, they didn't speak up.

So, as to the banning of Ali R. without warning, he was warned nine years ago.

Obviously, the WC forum has been growing combustible over the last few weeks. It was inevitable that someone would cross the line and get banned. I suspect more will follow.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Thanks for responding Gene.

As Paddington said, thanks for responding and giving us the larger context. I assumed there was more to this than met the eye.

And now for a spot of randomness...

Don't know about you guys, but I would be more disturbed if people posted stating how much they liked my looks than the other way around. But that's just me.
    "No contaban con mi astucia!" --el Chapulin Colorado

http://www.vingtsunaz.com/
    www.nationalvt.com/

You know what Kevin, you are right.
    Yes, I was disrespectful.
    It seems that I may have fallen into the trap that I try very hard not to and that is the "ends justify the means".
    I tried to be disrespectful and rude on purpose to "wake you guys up" from this "stupor" that you seem to be in.
    I was WRONG to do it that way.

I truly apologize to you and to any others that I may have offended.

Please understand that I do hold WC in a high regard and that is why I get a bit ****ed off when I see the silliness in the WC forums.
    That is no excuse for writing what I did even IF it was with good intentions.

Again I apologize for the rudeness of my comments.
    Thank you sanjuro.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Ali R. was originally banned in August 2005. He had five different accounts back then, all permutations of the name Ali Hamad Rahim. He adopted the new moniker that was just banned in November 2007. Our banning system is far from foolproof (or trollproof to be more specific). As we've banned so many members over the years, the less significant trolls, the little ones, tend to fade from memory, so when he re-registered, he managed to slip past our approval process. Personally, I don't feel that bad about this because no one from the forum remembered his original banning either, or if they did, they didn't speak up.

So, as to the banning of Ali R. without warning, he was warned nine years ago.

Obviously, the WC forum has been growing combustible over the last few weeks. It was inevitable that someone would cross the line and get banned. I suspect more will follow.
    Understood Gene. Many of us didn't know the back-story. All we saw was one comment, a brief warning off by sanjuro-ronin, and then Ali was banned. You gotta admit, that going solely by what transpired in that one thread, this seemed a little over the top. Its makes a little more sense now.