Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Something Stinks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ View Post
    . My last 2 cents: if anyone goes back to the latest 'Hendrik' thread and reads his posts there and think the majority of his posts weren't offtopic, personal, attacking, or even trolling, well then, that's another problem.. 'specially if the same people may be the ones volunteering to be mods themselves.
    Still picking on Hendrik? That has nothing to do with this thread. And besides, all the things you mention are apparently allowed here and perfectly acceptable. You've done them yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Understood Gene. Many of us didn't know the back-story. All we saw was one comment, a brief warning off by sanjuro-ronin, and then Ali was banned. You gotta admit, that going solely by what transpired in that one thread, this seemed a little over the top. Its makes a little more sense now.
    While the back story is semi-relevant, you guys need to understand that to be banned here you need to break a serious rule or two.
    That some didn't feel it warranted a ban is no relevant because they are not mods or admins.
    I made it clear that slanderous accusations were unacceptable and even give him the chance to clear up what he was saying and instead he told me off.
    Not as a fellow poster, but as a moderator.
    Not very smart you agree.

Let me make it clear once more:
    There is ZERO tolerance for slanderous accusations and insinuating someone is a racist and another a plagiarist when there is ZERO evidence for that is grounds for banning.
    Add to that the rest as Gene cleared up, well...

Again, we really don't have to justify our actions to anyone and that we are should say something.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

But as far as I know, you are not our moderator SR.

By the sounds of it, it looks like he is.

Nope, I am not.
    I didn't make the call, I just passed it on to Gene.
    I simply reminded Ali that he was speaking to one when I was addressing a forum related issue ( slanderous accusations) and not a thread related one.
    Its a misconception that because a moderator may not be assigned to a particular forum that it makes him any less of a moderator.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sanjuro is one of the moderators- so is Jamieson.

I was offended by some of his broad paintbrush comments on sand in vaginas and p******
    (and he has has apologized)
    but I respect him as a knowledgeable martial artist. I disagree with some of his comments on wing chun.

Anyone can request a ban

Obviously, the moderators have a little more weight when making such a request. You have NO IDEA the amount of crap that our mods put up with - a lot happens behind-the-scenes, stuff that never appears to the public eyes on this forum. Our mods do a heck of a job considering that it's a volunteer position, so I fully support them.

For every ban request, we'll look into it as soon as we can. In this case, when sanjuro_ronin and others submitted a ban request yesterday, as soon as I looked into Ali's past, his previous banning popped out. That made my course of action rather simple.

Note that as sanjuro_ronin says, we really don't have to justify our actions to anyone. This is a privately-owned forum. It's available to the public, yet paid for by KungFuMagazine.com. With 22K+ members, we can afford to ban plenty of you and still get the eyeballs that justify the expense (actually banned members still show up as part of the membership count, so banning is totally inconsequential to our stats). Banning and unbanning is a mere flick of a switch, and if that seems harsh, well, it's just a forum.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sanjuro is one of the moderators- so is Jamieson.

I was offended by some of his broad paintbrush comments on sand in vaginas and p******
    (and he has has apologized)
    but I respect him as a knowledgeable martial artist. I disagree with some of his comments on wing chun.
    I disagree with some of Joy's views on WC as well, I defer to him many times because I know of his experience and skill level from what I have seen AND what I have been told by those MA is hold in very high respect.
    We can agree to disagree and leave it at that.
    Probably because Joy can see and understand my points and know that means he doesn't agree ( if he doesn't) and I do the same with him.

The thing is at times it seems some people feel that be understanding a different viewpoint they are condoning and agreeing, they aren't.
    Maybe that is the issue here, people don't want to understand because they feel it means they agree.

My last 2 cents: if anyone goes back to the latest 'Hendrik' thread and reads his posts there and think the majority of his posts weren't offtopic, personal, attacking, or even trolling, well then, that's another problem.. 'specially if the same people may be the ones volunteering to be mods themselves.
    Still picking on Hendrik? That has nothing to do with this thread.
    My whole post was on-topic and I was specifically referring to Ali and his posts on the 'latest 'Hendrik' thread'. I'm not sure if you are just playing games, or really that dense but no where did I 'pick on Hendrik'. I have reposted my only reply on this thread below in it's entirety and double clarified my meaning so there can be no misunderstanding. I suggest you re-read it

But this is maybe be part of the problem you continuously seem to have when you cherry pick what people say while quoting and replying to them - you lose the actual intention & context of the post and go off on some strange tangent that has little-to-nothing to do with what they were actually saying. IMO, it seems you may also do it when you read their posts, otherwise, if you read my entire post, you would see it was only to address the issues with Ali and his actions, not Hendrik. To clarify: the only time I mentioned 'Hendrik' was only to refer to the latest thread with 'Hendrik' in the title in which Ali's actions ended up getting him banned. Henrdik did not even post on that thread, so how could I have been referring to him or picking on him? Maybe if you hadn't cherry picked what I said when you quoted me and included the parts before/after, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

And besides, all the things you mention are apparently allowed here and perfectly acceptable. You've done them yourself.
    Are you now saying I'm now calling people out for 'hate' and clearly implied racism as Ali has??
    Are you saying you believe these are allowed and perfectly acceptable actions??
    Are you also saying that I've been warned & banned multiple times for my actions as he has??
    In case you are still in a fog, the answer is NO to all of them and I don't appreciate the implications.

You know what, for the better of everyone here and to eliminate this needless bogging down of threads, maybe it's just better if you stop replying to my posts all together if you have this much of an issue comprehending what I write. I'm fine with that, because I'm really tired of having these same discussions with you. No need to reply, it's the last I'll say on this issue.

Agreed. This is not the first time Ali has said very similar things, to me personal. Or the second. Or the third. And he's been warned by the mods before for both these actions that serve no positive purpose but to attack and slander (proof enough is his continued complaining about his 'unfair warnings'). I'm not a mod, but I am smart enough to know accusations of HATE and implied racial tones both have zero place on any forum, regardless of people's 'differences'.

Whether I think he should be banned or not is not my call, I trust the mods to make that difficult decision - right or wrong. But, as has been pointed out, he has been banned here before and warned multiple times again. My last 2 cents: if anyone goes back to the latest 'Hendrik' thread and reads his posts [still referring to Ali here] there and think the majority of his posts weren't offtopic, personal, attacking, or even trolling, well then, that's another problem.. 'specially if the same people may be the ones volunteering to be mods themselves.
    Last edited by JPinAZ; 06-04-2014 at 11:49 AM.
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

Just an FYI:
    If you don't like seeing a certain members posts, you can block them and not see them.
    Personally I wouldn't do that, but it can have its merits.

KPM cannot, or does not read very well. And he put himself forward as moderator.

Fair is never fair-someone always gets upset

Hello,

I am dealing with some things in life so I have not been here for a while.
    Not sure if I will be back more frequently or not, some of you who know me know what is going on.

Anyhow, I read some of the posts here and I wanted to make a comment.

Several years ago when Ali and I did not agree he implied that I was racist and that his race was the reason for my not agreeing with him.
    What he did not know, and some here did, is that I was married to someone other than my race and have several very beautiful children with that person.
    While we are no longer together, I can assure you that our separation had nothing to do with race.

What is funny to me is that some are apt to play various "cards" when things do not go their way. Now, without knowing all of the details I cannot comment on what led to Ali being banned in this instance. However, I have seen the pattern of trying to infer people who did not agree with him were guilty of behavior which I believe had nothing to do with the facts. I could be wrong, but that is how some actions seemed to me.

Heck, I even like Phil and while I do not hold his race again him, I feel sorry for his being a MARINE, LOL. Now there is a true cross to bear
    Peace,

Dave

http://www.sifuchowwingchun.com
    Wherever my opponent stands--they are in my space

Quote Originally Posted by Sihing73 View Post
    Hello,

I am dealing with some things in life so I have not been here for a while.
    Not sure if I will be back more frequently or not, some of you who know me know what is going on.

Anyhow, I read some of the posts here and I wanted to make a comment.

Several years ago when Ali and I did not agree he implied that I was racist and that his race was the reason for my not agreeing with him.
    What he did not know, and some here did, is that I was married to someone other than my race and have several very beautiful children with that person.
    While we are no longer together, I can assure you that our separation had nothing to do with race.

What is funny to me is that some are apt to play various "cards" when things do not go their way. Now, without knowing all of the details I cannot comment on what led to Ali being banned in this instance. However, I have seen the pattern of trying to infer people who did not agree with him were guilty of behavior which I believe had nothing to do with the facts. I could be wrong, but that is how some actions seemed to me.

Heck, I even like Phil and while I do not hold his race again him, I feel sorry for his being a MARINE, LOL. Now there is a true cross to bear
    Personally I don't think Ali was playing that 'card'. My post, #18, gives my view. I do feel guilty he got dragged into the thread that I started as he stood up for me because, and I am not trying to go back to the other thread, some did not follow what I said and seemed (may not be the case now, now that people have settled down) to intentionally misunderstand what I said to derail the thread.

I would be extremely appreciative if he was unbanned and a warning given instead. Yes, I acknowledge what people say about what happened in the past but that was a long time ago and the comments that landed him with a ban this time, are open to interpretation. There was a lot of baiting going on in that thread which I made and Ali, IMO, was not the main culprit(s).

Understood Gene. Many of us didn't know the back-story. All we saw was one comment, a brief warning off by sanjuro-ronin, and then Ali was banned. You gotta admit, that going solely by what transpired in that one thread, this seemed a little over the top. Its makes a little more sense now.
    And thats the thing Keith, people "side" with someone without knowing the background.

Ill be blunt, im not sad to see him go. Hes pulled the race card on numerous times, and im pretty sure it was Ali that was taunting/challenging Phil Redmond consistently on the forum.

A bully, a cry baby and, to be honest, not a fully balanced person IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
    Personally I don't think Ali was playing that 'card'. My post, #18, gives my view. I do feel guilty he got dragged into the thread that I started as he stood up for me because, and I am not trying to go back to the other thread, some did not follow what I said and seemed (may not be the case now, now that people have settled down) to intentionally misunderstand what I said to derail the thread.

I would be extremely appreciative if he was unbanned and a warning given instead. Yes, I acknowledge what people say about what happened in the past but that was a long time ago and the comments that landed him with a ban this time, are open to interpretation. There was a lot of baiting going on in that thread which I made and Ali, IMO, was not the main culprit(s).
    Ill disagree here P.

Ive seen him pull these stunts before, over a long period of time, i personally could see where he was going with that as well.

Good riddance i say