Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Something Stinks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    Ill be blunt, im not sad to see him go. Hes pulled the race card on numerous times, and im pretty sure it was Ali that was taunting/challenging Phil Redmond consistently on the forum.

A bully, a cry baby and, to be honest, not a fully balanced person IMO
    Agreed. I've seen all of these things you're talking about since I've been here as well, and have been targeted by it on more that one occasion - So today was not just an isolated incident. Either way, it's over now and I'm moving on.
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    While the back story is semi-relevant, you guys need to understand that to be banned here you need to break a serious rule or two.

Question: where can one find the rules of the forum(?). Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by HybridWarrior View Post
    Question: where can one find the rules of the forum(?). Thanks.
    Max Weber, a famous sociologists, once argued that state bureaucracies will intentionally obfuscate their rules and procedures to ease their use of power and to lessen their accountability to unjust acts.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
    Max Weber, a famous sociologists, once argued that state bureaucracies will intentionally obfuscate their rules and procedures to ease their use of power and to lessen their accountability to unjust acts.
    So, you are saying the rules are not posted(?). I would like to read them. Thx.

My whole post was on-topic and I was specifically referring to Ali and his posts on the 'latest 'Hendrik' thread'. I'm not sure if you are just playing games, or really that dense but no where did I 'pick on Hendrik'. I have reposted my only reply on this thread below in it's entirety and double clarified my meaning so there can be no misunderstanding. I suggest you re-read it

Ah! Yes! My apologies! I see now you were actually referring to Ali and not Hendrik. I was putting an extra "s" there and reading it as "the latest Hendrik threads" and not thinking specifically of the thread you were referring to. I guess I had the problem with reading comprehension this time! Sorry about that JP!

Quote Originally Posted by HybridWarrior View Post
    So, you are saying the rules are not posted(?). I would like to read them. Thx.
    I have no idea where the rules are. If they are posted somewhere it is not in a very salient position. That is kind of the point that Weber makes albeit not with reference to discussion boards (they weren't around in his time).

I have no idea where the rules are. If they are posted somewhere it is not in a very salient position. That is kind of the point that Weber makes albeit not with reference to discussion boards (they weren't around in his time).
    Ok, thanks anyway.

Personally I don't think Ali was playing that 'card'. My post, #18, gives my view.
    You aren't as familiar with his behavior as others are. Your post #18 says the context of his comment was clear, but you haven't explained what that context was that would have him mention anything about looks; race or otherwise. It came out of nowhere and he was asked to clarify that it was not in reference to race. Yet what did he choose to do?

I would be extremely appreciative if he was unbanned and a warning given instead. Yes, I acknowledge what people say about what happened in the past but that was a long time ago and the comments that landed him with a ban this time, are open to interpretation.
    As if being banned for the same thing once before was not warning enough, he was in fact warned in that very thread when he was given the opportunity to clarify his comment so it's not "open to interpretation" since it appeared to insinuate something very serious- plus given his background, it was more or less obvious what he was saying. Nonetheless he was given a warning and an opportunity by a moderator who identified himself as such. Instead of clarifying, Ali told him off.

So, he's had a history. He was allowed to stay even though he snuck back in. He was given a warning and opportunity to redeem himself. His decisions got him banned. End of story. It had nothing to do with you.

Blog Entries
    It's not my business but I just want to say something here. If one person is missing in this forum and WC guys will stop arguing among each other, will that be a good thing?

All my life I have never heard any

- long fist guy argues against another long fist guy, or
    - prey mantis guy argues against another prey mantis guy, or
    - Baji guy argues against another Baji guy, or
    - Chinese wrestling guy argues against another Chinese wrestling guy.

What make WC so different from other TCMA systems? I'll be happy if someone can prove me wrong on this.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 06-04-2014 at 08:46 PM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Youknowwho

Do you mean Northern Mantis or Southern mantis ? Because Southern Mantis Argues just like Wing Chun Does i remember when back in 1999 they had a Southern Mantis Forum instead of a Southern Forum the Southern Mantis guys argued just like the Wing Chun guys do .

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    Ill disagree here P.

Ive seen him pull these stunts before, over a long period of time, i personally could see where he was going with that as well.

Good riddance i say
    That was indeed blunt.

He also used to wear different colored socks.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Firehawk4 View Post
    Do you mean Northern Mantis or Southern mantis ? Because Southern Mantis Argues just like Wing Chun Does i remember when back in 1999 they had a Southern Mantis Forum instead of a Southern Forum the Southern Mantis guys argued just like the Wing Chun guys do .
    I mean Northern Mantis. I'm not familiar with the southern mantis. I assume that most northern CMA guys has cross training. May be that make some difference there. If I have chance, I don't mind to cross train both crane and snake systems. I also don't mind to cross train the Emei system if such system does exist. Back in 1986, I had spent 3 days climbed the Emei mountain from bottom to the top (the cable car was not built yet), I didn't see anybody trained MA there.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 06-04-2014 at 09:56 PM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

As Gene said, this is a private forum. It is not a state bureaucracy.

The owners can do what they like.

You have the option of voting with your feet. Though if you think anyone other than you will care much if at all, you are probably mistaken.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    My whole post was on-topic and I was specifically referring to Ali and his posts on the 'latest 'Hendrik' thread'. I'm not sure if you are just playing games, or really that dense but no where did I 'pick on Hendrik'. I have reposted my only reply on this thread below in it's entirety and double clarified my meaning so there can be no misunderstanding. I suggest you re-read it

Ah! Yes! My apologies! I see now you were actually referring to Ali and not Hendrik. I was putting an extra "s" there and reading it as "the latest Hendrik threads" and not thinking specifically of the thread you were referring to. I guess I had the problem with reading comprehension this time! Sorry about that JP!
    It's cool
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90