Thread: Gun disarming

Hybrid View

Gun disarming

A lot of people now days teaches gun disarming techniques . According to my experience gun disarming is a nonsense , there is no way to defend your self against a man who is holding a gun and is ready to shoot . I have picked randomly a video form Youtube , this what majority of instructors are teaching .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmQk3DnTcSs

any thoughts about this ..?

Quote Originally Posted by zuti car View Post
    A lot of people now days teaches gun disarming techniques . According to my experience gun disarming is a nonsense , there is no way to defend your self against a man who is holding a gun and is ready to shoot . I have picked randomly a video form Youtube , this what majority of instructors are teaching .
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmQk3DnTcSs

any thoughts about this ..?
    Zuti, I'm not sure why you posted this on the WC forum, but here's my response, if I may paraphrase your own words:

"...there is no truly reliable way to defend yourself against a man who is holding a gun and is ready to shoot ."

IMO gun defenses are desperate measures resorted to as a last ditch option. As you mentioned, if someone is really ready to shoot, your odds of success are very low. And if they also keep four or five feet of distance between themselves and you, your odds are close to zero.
    "No contaban con mi astucia!" --el Chapulin Colorado

http://www.vingtsunaz.com/
    www.nationalvt.com/

A question to the both of you, do you think the risks are similar against someone with a blade?

Quote Originally Posted by Grumblegeezer View Post
    Zuti, I'm not sure why you posted this on the WC forum,.
    Because Wing Chun is omnipotent force which gives a strength and ability of a demigod and has answers to all and every problem. I am joking , where should I post it , if this is not a proper place moderator can put where it belongs

Because Wing Chun is omnipotent force which gives a strength and ability of a demigod and has answers to all and every problem. I am joking , where should I post it , if this is not a proper place moderator can put where it belongs
    True enough. I just thought it was a more general topic. I thought this forum was reserved for personal bickering between WC practitioners. LOL

@ Paddington: IMO knives are also some scary stuff. And lot of time people are knifed before they perceive the threat. So with either weapon, if someone is brandishing it and threatening you, they may not intend to use it, at least not immediately. That gives you a better chance to react. Regardless, I don't like the odds of going empty-handed against either weapon. But if that's all you have... well better HTFU! LOL
    "No contaban con mi astucia!" --el Chapulin Colorado

http://www.vingtsunaz.com/
    www.nationalvt.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Grumblegeezer View Post
    True enough. I just thought it was a more general topic. I thought this forum was reserved for personal bickering between WC practitioners. LOL

@ Paddington: IMO knives are also some scary stuff. And lot of time people are knifed before they perceive the threat. So with either weapon, if someone is brandishing it and threatening you, they may not intend to use it, at least not immediately. That gives you a better chance to react. Regardless, I don't like the odds of going empty-handed against either weapon. But if that's all you have... well better HTFU! LOL
    Thanks for the reply Grumblegeezer. On Monday I did some training with a partner who had a training knife and yes it was very difficult. The best I could do was just to block and strike at the same time, mainly garn/gang sau and a strike. It seemed to work well, that is reading the first blade strike, but so much seemed dependent upon my initial strike causing enough impact to allow a follow up. But even here when my partner would conceal the blade so I did not know which hand it was in, it was still so artificial in that I knew an attack would be forthcoming.

For other people's interest by concealed I would leave the room and he would place it in a pocket of his jacket or palm it etc. to try to get some jump on me. Yes, I got cut a few times.

It is not the first time I have done this type of training but the surprise element, as best as we could manage, meant I very rarely went to grabbing techniques to control his arm. Before I did this type of training I always had in mind bui jee but in the moment it did not really materialise.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
    Thanks for the reply Grumblegeezer. On Monday I did some training with a partner who had a training knife and yes it was very difficult. The best I could do was just to block and strike at the same time, mainly garn/gang sau and a strike. It seemed to work well, that is reading the first blade strike, but so much seemed dependent upon my initial strike causing enough impact to allow a follow up. But even here when my partner would conceal the blade so I did not know which hand it was in, it was still so artificial in that I knew an attack would be forthcoming.

For other people's interest by concealed I would leave the room and he would place it in a pocket of his jacket or palm it etc. to try to get some jump on me. Yes, I got cut a few times.

It is not the first time I have done this type of training but the surprise element, as best as we could manage, meant I very rarely went to grabbing techniques to control his arm. Before I did this type of training I always had in mind bui jee but in the moment it did not really materialise.
    No. Stop it. Just stop. This is crazy.

Doesn't pass the smell test IMO...

Name:  untitled (2).png
Views: 213
Size:  91.4 KB