Thread: Fatboy Chinese Kung Fu

Fatboy Chinese Kung Fu

He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Laws of physics in attendance.

You don't see too many heavy weights attempt a butterfly kick. (second vid., not sure what other KF styles call it but that's the name I know) It'd have been much cooler if it had connected. Speed equals power, but speed from a fatboy equals you flying through the cage.

Different body weight, different body structure, obvious, yeah, so the thinner kid could have done or what would you do in this instance?

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    first gif I have to say, even though the boy is a tad bit over weight, he's effective.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Some 'heavy' people can move surprisingly well. A long time ago, I faced a somewhat 'fat-looking' Korean-American opponent in a TKD tournament. Sometime before our match, he began warmup kicking...perfectly-executed high side/hook/round/spinning hook kicks, etc. His kicks could go up to 11:00 high, had perfect technique with his upper body nearly straight up.

When the match started, he got me good with a spinning hook kick, really fast. And though I figured him out pretty quickly after that, his flexibility/speed/power in his kicks were initially surprising, considering his physique. If you saw him just standing around, he wouldn't have looked athletic at all.

That experience only reinforced something for me that I already knew; never underestimate what someone's capable of based strictly on their appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by mig View Post
    ...what would you do in this instance?
    Run before someone called the cops on the 40 year old American in the boy's dorm?