Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: World Cup 2014 Thread!

I watched the first 5 mins of Brazil vs. Croatia yesterday.

I remembered what amused me most about soccer. The drama after an alleged foul. Soccer players act out pain more dramatically than professional wrasslers.

I am also amused on how easy it is to keep this OT thread on topic.

Photos: Scantily-clad Xiangyang women protest World Cup after being ignored by boyfriends

The World Cup has just started, but ladies, are you as excited as your beloved other half? Are your beau's eyes glued in on the games instead of the TV show you so routinely enjoy together? Is he going out to bars at midnight with his friends to bask in the victories of the World Cup, sneaking out from bed to the living room in the wee hours of the morning just for the sake of keeping up with the scores?

Such has been the problem for a group of young women from Xiangyang who, fed with being ignored by their boyfriends during this year's World Cup, held a “protest” by throwing their bras in the air express their dismay (and, more likely, win back some attention from the TV).

At The People’s Square in Xiangyang, Hubei province, a group of young ladies donning white hot pants and crop tops posed for pictures as they threw their soccer ball-patterned bras up in the air, shouting “We don’t want the world to be sad, breathe fresh air instead of being grumpy” as a way to show discontentment with their boyfriends, whose attention had shifted from them to World Cup.

Their actions, naturally attracted many young lads and blushing passersby who slowed down their pace to take a look and were, presumably, a bit less grumpy after the encounter.

[Images Via ifeng]

By Jennifer Hui
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I remembered what amused me most about soccer. The drama after an alleged foul. Soccer players act out pain more dramatically than professional wrasslers.
    I sort of have the same issue with basketball. It's not on the same dramatic level, but it annoys me just the same.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post

I am also amused on how easy it is to keep this OT thread on topic.
    Name:  noti98916pjvlqcm82782.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  65.7 KB

Sometimes the drama is well justified.

Hup Holland! And bye bye Spain!
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

Quote Originally Posted by TaichiMantis View Post
    Hup Holland! And bye bye Spain!
    The *****s in Pains armor were starting to show in the last world cup VS Chile, then they were very clear in their loss to Brasil earlier this year.
    Chile just demolished them.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    The *****s in Pains armor were starting to show in the last world cup VS Chile, then they were very clear in their loss to Brasil earlier this year.
    Chile just demolished them.
    I know what that censored word is and you have balls the size of godzilla to be using that phrase here. LOL
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    I know what that censored word is and you have balls the size of godzilla to be using that phrase here. LOL
    LMAO !
    I just realized what I wrote !
    Kinks I guess is better.

Viva Costa Rica! On to the second round!
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    LMAO !
    I just realized what I wrote !
    Kinks I guess is better.
    It's all about the context, lol.

ttt for 2014

Posted on the Shaolin-Soccer-for-real thread cuz it sits better there (but needs to be cross-reffed here )
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

And today, Luis "the canibal" Suarez gets his third bite in. The guy is truly mental...and maybe related to Mike Tyson

US vs GER...right now! IM SO FREAKN NERVOUS!!! Germany looking too good...

Portugal beats Ghana 2-1 and Germany Beast US 1-0
    Germany and USA advance.

I can breathe again...

Wait...US is still in?

I was at SF Civic Center yesterday where they were telecasting the game for the public. It was quite an affair, but I couldn't stay and watch as I was at Bill Graham Civic to make a presentation.

LOOK: The meaning behind World Cup footballers' Chinese tattoos

As the 2014 World Cup kicks on, footie fans in China have been especially observant of the Chinese characters splashed across the, ahem, hard-to-miss muscles of several players, and many netizens have taken to forums to ponder the intended meaning of each player's ink. We've picked out a few to ogle break down.

The Greek striker Theofanis Gekas has a tattoo of five Chinese characters on the inside of his right arm—寒冷殺人魔—which would translate to "cold-blooded killer" or "cold-blooded killing demon". If tattoos really represent one’s personality, we're hoping Theofanis is telling us that he is a cool killer for his impressive scoring skills and not satan incarnate.

Spanish defender Sergio Ramos also has a Chinese character tattooed behind his ear (狼) which simply means "wolf".

The tattoo seen on the right arm of Fredy Guarin from Colombia is a bit more inexplicable. The characters 丹尼宗, as Kotaku's Eric Jou points out, are most likely meant to be read phonetically as the Chinese name Danny Zong. So, should he be called Fredy or Danny? It's all very unclear.

The most baffling Chinese character tattoo might belong to Germany midfielder Torsten Frings. The five characters across his right arm read: 龙蛇吉勇羊, or, "dragon, snake, fortune, brave, sheep". He also said that he has a tattoo reading 酸甜鸭子7.99欧元 on his back, meaning "sweet and sour duck 7.99 euro". We can only imagine the significance attached, but we don't want to.

Still, we musn't ignore the many meaningful tattoos scrawled across Western football players.

Croatian striker Mario Mandzukic has a Chinese character tattoo written as 大壯 吉 家人 信, signifying “great strength, luck, family and faith”.

tattoo_mario.jpg

Dimitar Berbatov from Bulgaria also has a tattoo reading 百無禁忌, or “no holds barred” ("no restrictions").

Kevin Prince Boateng also has five words inked across his right side: 家族, 健康, 愛, 成功, and 信任, meaning "family, health, love, success and trust".

Indeed, the world-famous English former footballer David Beckham is well-known in China for his ink. During a talk at Peking University last year, he lifted his shirt to show students the tattoo on his left flank, a famous Chinese saying translated to: “Life and death are determined by fate, rank and riches decreed by Heaven” (生死有命富貴由天).

[Images Via Kotaku, Msn, Xaluan, tattoo-best-pictures.blogspot, ibnlive]

By Jennifer Hui
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips