Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: To the moderator, enough is enough.

That's way too high maintenance

Paddington, you expect us to set up individual admin accounts for every member so they can edit their own threads here? That's silly. If people want to have that much control over what they say on the web, they have no place in a forum like this. They should go here.

The solution is to ban. That's quick and easy.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Or, before it gets to that, for members to keep their stuff in the right threads, recognize that no one here owes anyone else here anything, and enjoy the forum.

The people who enjoy constant flame wars are not the majority.

There is always the "Omega Exception" where Gene makes me moderator of the wing chung forum

I'd clean this place up in no time......

I'd get rid of all the wing chun people
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    You have to destroy before you can create.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Paddington, you expect us to set up individual admin accounts for every member so they can edit their own threads here? That's silly. If people want to have that much control over what they say on the web, they have no place in a forum like this. They should go here.

No, I am not suggesting that. I believe there are modules and settings so that the OP of the thread automatically gets mod rights just for his / her thread. With PHPbb, it is the case of enabling a simple script and again, it is not an admin right and only applies to the thread the person started. There is absolutely no maintenance as it is all handled automatically.
    Last edited by Paddington; 06-12-2014 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
    No, I am not suggesting that. I believe there are modules and settings so that the OP of the thread automatically gets mod rights just for his / her thread. With PHPbb, it is the case of enabling a simple script and again, it is not an admin right and only applies to the thread the person started. There is absolutely no maintenance as it is all handled automatically.
    Currently the OP is able to delete the thread, which some have done when things do not go their way.
    I am not sure how this would go over as the person starting the thread would be able to delete posts from those "they" did not like regardless of content or relevance.
    Or making their thread a sticky or locking the thread when things do not go their way.
    I have, in the past, un-deleted threads because, while the OP, was no longer happy others had put in "valuable" insight.

To be honest, everyone here already has the option of contacting a moderator and report posts. Unfortunately, very few take advantage of doing so.

I see several potential issues as there is no way everyone will be happy. I can see someone complaining because the OP did something they did not like.

Look at this thread, started by one person who seems to think they are in the right and most others are wrong.

Enough is enough, but others could argue that the OP is guilty of the same thing.........just saying

Heck, here in the WC forum it seems like some people will complain and argue if you tell them the sun provides light.
    Last edited by Sihing73; 06-12-2014 at 02:01 PM.
    Peace,

Dave

http://www.sifuchowwingchun.com
    Wherever my opponent stands--they are in my space

We had to destroy the wing chun forum in order to save it
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by Sihing73 View Post
    Currently the OP is able to delete the thread, which some have done when things do not go their way.
    I am not sure how this would go over as the person starting the thread would be able to delete posts from those "they" did not like regardless of content or relevance.
    Or making their thread a sticky or locking the thread when things do not go their way.
    I have, in the past, un-deleted threads because, while the OP, was no longer happy others had put in "valuable" insight.

To be honest, everyone here already has the option of contacting a moderator and report posts. Unfortunately, very few take advantage of doing so.

I see several potential issues as there is no way everyone will be happy. I can see someone complaining because the OP did something they did not like.

Look at this thread, started by one person who seems to think they are in the right and most others are wrong.

Enough is enough, but others could argue that the OP is guilty of the same thing.........just saying

Heck, here in the WC forum it seems like some people will complain and argue if you tell them the sun provides light.
    I clearly expressed a want for moderation in the thread I started and where I was called a wanker and, to be quite frank, ganged up on and had my thread derailed. The response was along the lines of 'get over it' so from my perspective, expressing concern to a moderator made not one bit of difference. You can set it so the OP can just delete his or her thread and any posts within said thread that they feel need moderating and that is it.

They would not be able to add stickies etc. just the permissions that I state. If the OP acted like a fascist when such permissions were enabled, then they would soon find that no one wants to converse with them in the thread and you would have a better Darwinian state in these sub forums. But anyway, I am forming the opinion that the management do not really want a functioning sub forum where we can increase the output of constructive threads and participation levels. That is fine by me as I can, at the end of the day, put up with all the negativity but it is becoming clear that there are some who have an agenda to derail and it stems from a wider attempt to just bash wing chun more generally online.

I clearly expressed a want for moderation in the thread I started and where I was called a wanker and, to be quite frank, ganged up on and had my thread derailed. The response was along the lines of 'get over it' so from my perspective, expressing concern to a moderator made not one bit of difference. You can set it so the OP can just delete his or her thread and any posts within said thread that they feel need moderating and that is it.
    You were looking down your nose at anyone that didn't use 7 syllable words............ ill say it again, get over yourself

They would not be able to add stickies etc. just the permissions that I state. If the OP acted like a fascist when such permissions were enabled, then they would soon find that no one wants to converse with them in the thread and you would have a better Darwinian state in these sub forums. But anyway, I am forming the opinion that the management do not really want a functioning sub forum where we can increase the output of constructive threads and participation levels. That is fine by me as I can, at the end of the day, put up with all the negativity but it is becoming clear that there are some who have an agenda to derail and it stems from a wider attempt to just bash wing chun more generally online.
    No, that's not the case. Just because someone doesn't agree with you (and Keith, and Hendrick etc) doesn't mean they are bashing WC.

They're simply disagreeing with you.
    So once more, get over yourself.

ps. See, i didnt even call you a wanker this time

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    You were looking down your nose at anyone that didn't use 7 syllable words............ ill say it again, get over yourself

No, that's not the case. Just because someone doesn't agree with you (and Keith, and Hendrick etc) doesn't mean they are bashing WC.

They're simply disagreeing with you.
    So once more, get over yourself.

ps. See, i didnt even call you a wanker this time
    I didn't do that GlennR, that is just your imagination fueled by your inferiority complex thinking that. My point of contention in that thread was that people had not read my posts nor read the clarifications I made and that they were contradicting themselves. As I demolished each false criticism people jumped to another one that they thought easier to beat me down with. Failing at each of these people bottomed out and moved to say things such as 'you are being snobbish, looking down your nose' etc. My comment on bashing wing chun was more a general observation and separate from my concerns with the thread I started.

I didn't do that GlennR, that is just your imagination fueled by your inferiority complex thinking that. My point of contention in that thread was that people had not read my posts nor read the clarifications I made and that they were contradicting themselves. As I demolished each false criticism people jumped to another one that they thought easier to beat me down with. Failing at each of these people bottomed out and moved to say things such as 'you are being snobbish, looking down your nose' etc. My comment on bashing wing chun was more a general observation and separate from my concerns with the thread I started.
    Paddington is correct. Just because you weren't reading closely Glenn and didn't follow what he was saying is no reason to accuse him of "looking down his nose" at others. And at least some of the recent WC bashing took place on the "Way Forward" thread, and you took part in that yourself Glenn. It had nothing to do with having a differing opinion about our WC. But I know what will come next. So go ahead and prove your maturity level by calling us "wankers" and telling us to "get over ourselves" like usual. Oh...and don't forget the wonderful video of Mr. Chopper!

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Paddington is correct. Just because you weren't reading closely Glenn and didn't follow what he was saying is no reason to accuse him of "looking down his nose" at others. And at least some of the recent WC bashing took place on the "Way Forward" thread, and you took part in that yourself Glenn. It had nothing to do with having a differing opinion about our WC. But I know what will come next. So go ahead and prove your maturity level by calling us "wankers" and telling us to "get over ourselves" like usual. Oh...and don't forget the wonderful video of Mr. Chopper!
    You're missing the point, i never "bashed' WC........... i bashed you and your mate.

Maybe you two should try reading my posts?

Oh, and the Chopper thing, was an attempt at a bit of humour. Sorry i upset you boys

I didn't do that GlennR, that is just your imagination fueled by your inferiority complex thinking that

And there you go again, are you the Sigmund Freud of the forum now?

My point of contention in that thread was that people had not read my posts nor read the clarifications I made and that they were contradicting themselves.
    I acknowledged that, ask for clarification, got ignored.

As I demolished each false criticism people jumped to another one that they thought easier to beat me down with.
    Bwahahah....... shall we now call you "The Demolisher!!!"..... scourge of all internet trolls!

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post

And there you go again, are you the Sigmund Freud of the forum now?

I acknowledged that, ask for clarification, got ignored.

Bwahahah....... shall we now call you "The Demolisher!!!"..... scourge of all internet trolls!
    I did clarify several times in that thread when other people asked. I saw little point repeating myself just for you, given that you could not be bothered to keep up with the posts in that thread. You are not that special GlennR and I fail to see why I should have to take special measures in your case. My one year old daughter also goes boo hoo too, when I ignore her.

If you you want to take up your issues with me privately then please feel free to PM me rather than following me from thread to thread like some starved mosquito, looking for yet more blood to consume.

EDIT: There is a film that chronicles Chopper's exploits, it is really good GlennR and full of memes that you could use.

I did clarify several times in that thread when other people asked. I saw little point repeating myself just for you, given that you could not be bothered to keep up with the posts in that thread. You are not that special GlennR and I fail to see why I should have to take special measures in your case. My one year old daughter also goes boo hoo too, when I ignore her.

If you you want to take up your issues with me privately then please feel free to PM me rather than following me from thread to thread like some starved mosquito, looking for yet more blood to consume.

EDIT: There is a film that chronicles Chopper's exploits, it is really good GlennR and full of memes that you could use.
    Just replying to you moaning about being told to get over yourself and being called a wanker. I'm obviously special enough to remember my jibes at you, or do other people call you a wanker ad well?
    To many to remember?

And I'll pass on the pm, I don't have any issues with, I just think you're a wanker.... Pretty simple really

Oh, and thanks for the chopper advice, but I think you'll find I can source my own material thanks....

Like this.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLGgr_Pz3Rk

Enjoy!