Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How will Cung Le do in the Twilight of his career?

How will Cung Le do in the Twilight of his career?

Cung Le is returning to UFC competition with a fight against Michael Bisping on August 23, 2014 at UFC Fight Night 48.

Cung says he has 3 fights left on his contract which he plans to fulfill and there is talk of the winner of Le vs. Bisping fighting Anderson Silva.

How do you think Cung Le will do in the last fights of his career?

If he stays on top of his training, I think he'll do great.

Didnt the Anderson Silva guy break his shin bone ? Does he still kick with that shin bone i wouldnt kick with it .

Cung never looks bad in his fights, you have to believe he will start going downhill at his age, but I don't think we've seen that yet.
    I think at his age you got to take it one fight at a time and be honest with yourself. Hopefully he finishes his contract, comes out on top and retires a legend.
    I always think it's sad when a great fighter retires five fights too late, but with Le, so far so good.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

Quote Originally Posted by Firehawk4 View Post
    Didnt the Anderson Silva guy break his shin bone ? Does he still kick with that shin bone i wouldnt kick with it .
    Yeah, he broke his leg. He's not retiring though it's healing. He says he wants Nick Diaz or the winner of Le vs. Bisping. Diaz is retired and will only come back if he gets paid what he wants so I think the other matchup is more likely. If Cung Le gets past Bisping he could very well be facing Anderson Silva.

Like all things, entropy will happen. It's inevitable, for all of us.
    Better to go ahead and try instead of regretting that you didn't.

Seems puffy, but I usually ask myself if today is a good day to die.
    It's kind of like telling myself that what I've done so far in my life is ok, it's enough, I have few regrets.
    With each fulfilled promise to myself, each following day is that much better of a day to die.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I just saw Cung last month

Cung stopped by our tournament to sign autographs and such. He told me about the Bisping fight in confidence then because at that time, the papers weren't all signed, but it was imminent. Cung looked burlier than I've ever seen him, and I've known him for years now. He's been training hard, lifting weights, on a strict diet, and he looked fierce. Of course, as he's a personal friend, I always root for him. I'm optimistic for this fight for him.

I haven't really kept up with Bisping. Anyone know how he's looking nowadays?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Cung Le has indeed looked very muscular in the recent photos I've seen of him on Facebook. He's in better shape than he was his last few fights (I heard he had an injury coming in to the Rich Franklin fight which effected his training).

Michael Bisping is coming off of a loss and is 2-3 in his last 5 fights including a devastating head kick KO loss to Vitor Belfort last year.

What always worries me about Cung Le is his stamina. He takes long lay offs to act in movies and his style is suited for a younger man. All of those kicks take their toll. I noticed in the rematch with Scott Smith that he used less kicks and picked his shots carefully. That's what I think he needs to do against Bisping. Bisping has great stamina so I think Cung Le needs to get the early knockout, otherwise he really has to pace himself or he could be in trouble. The way he KO'd Rich Franklin gives me hope that he can pull it off against Bisping as well.

Gotta luv Cung!

REPRESENT!

From his facebook~
    Had to get into my Kung Fu stance to represent! Cung Le vs Michael Bisping #venetianmacao #ufc #ufcmacao #ufcchina tickets on sale now. #TheStormsComing

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Cung with the Fong Ngan (Phoenix Eye) fist pose. Love it. Very Hollywood (or Media Asia) of him :P

Go Cung Go!

love that vid! still haven't got into watching ufc/mma stuff, whens the fight?
    I guess we are who we are

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    love that vid! still haven't got into watching ufc/mma stuff, whens the fight?
    The fight is August 23rd and it's free on TV. Don't miss it! If you're new to MMA it should be a treat. I'd highly recommend Cung Le to Martial Arts fans who are watching MMA for the first time.

bisping is going to get rocked. Cung all the way.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Cung Le is training HARD for this fight....