Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dear mods, why do you allow so much drama here?

Dear mods, why do you allow so much drama here?

This thread kind of made me want to finally post this...

http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/...ough-is-enough

As someone who rarely posts on these forums, I've gotta agree: ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

All you guys do on here is argue. ALL THE TIME. I'm still trying to figure out what the moderators do here, because from where I'm sitting it's always looked like "nothing" with a side of "absolutely nothing," but what I can tell you is that you're alienating pretty much everyone who would prefer to participate in forums where every other thread doesn't devolve into something that looks like a ****ing contest between 12 year olds. Everything is a personal attack, any disagreement has to turn into some drawn-out thread-closing fiasco, and everyone's way is the right way because they said so and anyone who says otherwise is going to hear about how much of a douche they are until the thread gets closed or dies. I honestly don't know how many of you actually train vs just sit online arguing.

There is a community here with a lot of knowledge and a lot to offer, some great debates can be had and they don't have to turn into name-calling and passive aggressive douchebaggery, but mods, for real, you are pretty much flushing all of that good down the toilet by allowing every troll to just run wild. You need to draw some lines and start actually forcing people here into some kind of discipline, crack down on personal attacks like it's your job (it is by the way), because I can tell you, I want to post here, my training partners want to post here, there are a lot of people waiting on the sidelines wanting to participate in this forum who are just appalled at the conditions here. I'm on a lot of random forums, this is the only one I've ever seen that is so free-for-all that it lacks any sense of real community, and that's a shame. Just my 2 cents, I'll go back to not posting now.
    learn->practice->habit->reflex->instinct

In the Wing Chun world you have alot of people trying to sell there version of wing chun to make money get students and followers and change Wing Chun history and to be worshiped as some kinde of Wing chun God or Guru , People work hard for there money and its know wonder they dont want to be taken in by some conartist trying to get something from them thats why they are cautious .

Name:  chicken.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  75.3 KB

i heart wang chung
    "I'm a highly ranked officer of his tong. HE is the Dragon Head. our BOSS. our LEADER. the Mountain Lord." - hskwarrior

Quote Originally Posted by Firehawk4 View Post
    In the Wing Chun world you have alot of people trying to sell there version of wing chun to make money get students and followers and change Wing Chun history and to be worshiped as some kinde of Wing chun God or Guru , People work hard for there money and its know wonder they dont want to be taken in by some conartist trying to get something from them thats why they are cautious .
    I don't see a lot of people shopping for sifus arguing here.

Not that managing them is the mods responsibility. But really, it's not customers who are chasing each other around and arguing.

Miguel, maybe instead of chastizing the people here (and I do feel your pain with the state of the forum), you could start up a thread about a topic that interests you and try to either seek advice if you have questions, or give your perspective on something. You know, try something positive
    Maybe if more people did that that normally don't post, things might be better around here.

Or you can just make your 5th post here a thread about how aweful it is here. And I do mean this in an honest way - if your 5th post is only to point out the negative, you're only adding to it IMO.
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ View Post
    Miguel, maybe instead of chastizing the people here (and I do feel your pain with the state of the forum), you could start up a thread about a topic that interests you and try to either seek advice if you have questions, or give your perspective on something. You know, try something positive
    Maybe if more people did that that normally don't post, things might be better around here.

Or you can just make your 5th post here a thread about how aweful it is here. And I do mean this in an honest way - if your 5th post is only to point out the negative, you're only adding to it IMO.
    The forum is not short of topics, it's short of topics that very, very small factions of people aren't continuing arguments on. More topics only work if somehow the people chasing each other to argue let them work.

One of the things that seems to come up is what real wing chun is. Before anyone here was born, Wing Chun was already split into different approaches. Its spread globally ensures that process will continue. There is no one answer anymore. One may prefer one branch, but beyond that, it's a dead issue.

Various histories and claims will always come up, and I would suggest that this forum can be a place to argue those claims, but it is a public forum provided to people to discuss wing chun in VARIOUS ways, and this means that it is not a place where people should feel entitled to involve every member in arguments they do not come here for, so perhaps some restraint is in order. I say this as someone who periodically has to tell myself to back off from an argument because it is pointless, or is ruining the forum for others, so I claim no high road in this. We are guests here, as are the people we disagree with. If fulfilling our goals means making unreasonable work for Gene and the volunteer mods who have jobs and lives and logistically cannot be here 24/7 babysitting, then we are bad guests.

Hell, Gene has to put up with all echelons of martial artists. That stuff that we think is the last draw and the end of the forum universe and devastating to Wing Chun or taiji or hung gar is paltry compared to editing articles about a topic that can't decide between Wade-Giles and Pinyin. He actually has to meet a lot of our systems' teachers, and once you relate that to all the systems out there and the nuts in martial arts, that thing that guy said about eye pokes or sparring on the "Did Bruce Lee complete Wing Chun" thread is pretty paltry in comparison.

I also say this as someone who has had great experiences sparring and playing chi sau with people I think are fine wing chun proponents, serious martial artists, and good people. If Wing Chun people are afraid that nuts or people without the real wing chun are ruining the reputation of their style, they might want to be aware that those of us outside your circle tend to think about beer while you are talking about the real wing chun or whose line is the worst, and eventually interrupt you to get to the part where you're actually fun and interesting.
    Last edited by Faux Newbie; 06-10-2014 at 09:09 PM.

Am I posting in a troll thread? WTF is up with that chicken anyway????

All I got to say is you really aren't understanding the true background of wing chun here. Perhaps we should do some deep breathing exercises along with fill in the blanks. Breathe in .... out..... cleansing breath..... There, now. The mind is calming...... Now. Fill in the blanks (answers at bottom):

1. In the 1800's wing chun became well known due to exposure due to people who traveled up and down _______ on red _______
    2. These people who traveled in this fashion were in the profession of being ___________
    3. Talents among these people involved musical ______ and ______
    4. The most talented among these people had the greatest aptitude for __________
    5. Even you can do the _____

Answers
    1. a river; boats
    2. actors / opera players
    3. vocals; acting
    4. drama
    5. math

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    Am I posting in a troll thread? WTF is up with that chicken anyway????
    Is it a rooster calling the dawn?

1. In the 1800's wing chun became well known due to exposure due to people who traveled up and down RUNWAY on red SLIPPERS
    2. These people who traveled in this fashion were in the profession of being GERMAN BODYSCULPTORS
    3. Talents among these people involved musical CHAIRS and MOCKING PIGEONS
    4. The most talented among these people had the greatest aptitude for IGNORING INTERNET TROLLS
    5. Even you can do the MACARENA

I'm not sure I got the last one right.

Answers
    1. a river; boats
    2. actors / opera players
    3. vocals; acting
    4. drama
    5. math[/QUOTE]

There are no moderators, so this thread is kind of talking in the wind, but I proposed all the threads/posts revolving around Hendrik's theories get combined into a single thread like the "Is Shaolin-Do for real" thread up in the Shaolin section. That way anyone who has anything to add to it can keep it from cluttering/ruining the rest of the forum where, perhaps, civil discussion on Wing Chun topics can take place.

Hendrick doesn't have to bring up his theories for a number of people to seek him out.

If my friend is over who is lousy to his girlfriend, who I am also friends with, but who drives me nuts for not just finding a real relationship or going it alone, I don't build a shed for one or the other to live in, I make them come separately or leave their issues at the door. If they argue a little, it happens, but they can see from me and my wife's faces when it gets irritating.

On the internet, people forget that everyone else is rolling their eyes.

There are no moderators, so this thread is kind of talking in the wind, but I proposed all the threads/posts revolving around Hendrik's theories get combined into a single thread like the "Is Shaolin-Do for real" thread up in the Shaolin section. That way anyone who has anything to add to it can keep it from cluttering/ruining the rest of the forum where, perhaps, civil discussion on Wing Chun topics can take place.
    LFJ, Totally wonderful idea and seeing that Hendrik's postings are the most spam-like and derisive amongst others it would be good to give him his own place for him to trumpet Snakes and Emei until the cows come home! That would be great. Can it be done???

Ron Goninan
    China Fuzhou Zhenlan Crane Boxing Australia
    White Crane Research Institute Inc
    http://www.whitecranegongfu.info
    A seeker of the way

Hendrick doesn't have to bring up his theories for a number of people to seek him out.
    Faux Newbie, so your in support of Hendrik making posts quoting others who were not actually quoted and making false statements attributed to people who did not factually make those statements?

Ron Goninan
    A seeker of the way

Quote Originally Posted by Minghequan View Post
    Faux Newbie, so your in support of Hendrik making posts quoting others who were not actually quoted and making false statements attributed to people who did not factually make those statements?
    Nope. Nor am I in support of people who follow each other from thread to thread. You don't actually have to do that to prove your point.

This is not a holy war, this is maybe five guys on two sides on this forum choosing for the entire rest of this forum what this forum will be about, and then complaining to the mods about it.

People around here can figure out who is who without it being repeatedly harped on. You're not achieving any goals. I'm not on a side on this one, but you are not winning converts, and that is not anyone's fault but yours, so if you are really worried about your teacher's rep, you need to be smarter about how you go about protecting it, not that I think his rep is ACTUALLY EVEN IN THE SLIGHTEST DANGER IN ALL OF THIS.

I'll leave you to it at this point. I'll still be posting, just not about you or Hendrick's saga.

Thanks but here's the problem: Hendrik starts a thread wrongly quotes Sifu lee Kong, and wrongly states that Sifu Lee Kong personally endorses Sergio to teach White Crane and then when found to be telling complete lies, Hendrik quickly deletes the entire thread so no trace of the facts can be viewed by anyone seeking to know the truth!

And that is what is wrong here. Hendrik should not be able to start a thread to push his barrow and then when said thread goes 'pear-shaped " for Hendrik because of his lies ... wham bam he deletes it ads if nothing happened!

How is deleting threads allowing people around here can figure out who is who?

I'm not on a witch-hunt here but I am concerned that when someone is clearly telling outright lies and fabrication and then factually proven to be telling lies ... those facts can simply be erased by the person telling the lies because that person got caught out red-handed!!!

And one last thing, my teacher is not Sifu Lee Kong .... he is my friend. My teacher is Sifu Lin Yuan Dun.
    Last edited by Minghequan; 06-11-2014 at 12:07 AM.

Ron Goninan
    A seeker of the way

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
    This thread kind of made me want to finally post this...

http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/...ough-is-enough

As someone who rarely posts on these forums, I've gotta agree: ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

All you guys do on here is argue. ALL THE TIME. I'm still trying to figure out what the moderators do here, because from where I'm sitting it's always looked like "nothing" with a side of "absolutely nothing," but what I can tell you is that you're alienating pretty much everyone who would prefer to participate in forums where every other thread doesn't devolve into something that looks like a ****ing contest between 12 year olds. Everything is a personal attack, any disagreement has to turn into some drawn-out thread-closing fiasco, and everyone's way is the right way because they said so and anyone who says otherwise is going to hear about how much of a douche they are until the thread gets closed or dies. I honestly don't know how many of you actually train vs just sit online arguing.

There is a community here with a lot of knowledge and a lot to offer, some great debates can be had and they don't have to turn into name-calling and passive aggressive douchebaggery, but mods, for real, you are pretty much flushing all of that good down the toilet by allowing every troll to just run wild. You need to draw some lines and start actually forcing people here into some kind of discipline, crack down on personal attacks like it's your job (it is by the way), because I can tell you, I want to post here, my training partners want to post here, there are a lot of people waiting on the sidelines wanting to participate in this forum who are just appalled at the conditions here. I'm on a lot of random forums, this is the only one I've ever seen that is so free-for-all that it lacks any sense of real community, and that's a shame. Just my 2 cents, I'll go back to not posting now.
    Reasonable post until the last line.
    So why make the post at all if you are never going to post again?

If its such a bad forum what does that say of the non-posting spectators like yourself?