Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Dear mods, why do you allow so much drama here?

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    Let's see if I can take a page out of Twenty's book. If actually getting punched in the face were part of people's training, they most likely wouldn't be talking sh!t online where they wouldn't in person. They'd know better. So just ignore the sh!t talkers and don't get into with them. They're offering nothing anyway.
    Thank you for summing up exactly what's the issue here. People with no maturity, discipline or respect are everywhere here, and that attitude just does not exist in people who legitimately train martial arts at the level that these children are pretending to. Even with a minimum amount of critical thinking it's pretty clear to see that this troll majority has absolutely nothing to offer but drama.
    learn->practice->habit->reflex->instinct

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    YOU guys ALLOW the drama to happen because YOU feed it.
    Agree!

If someone doesn't agree with me, I want that discussion to terminate ASAP. I'll have no desire to explain to that person why I don't agree with him just because I don't even know who that person is.

A: This is what I believe ...
    B: That's the most stupid idea that I have ever heard ...

If A continues by asking B why B may think it's a stupid idea then argument will start there. IMO, whether B thinks it's a stupid idea or not should not be A's concern.

Now we have to ask the question. Why did A want to start a thread and present his opinion in the first place? Also why did B want to discuss in A's thread if B did not agree with A?

Why does anybody want to start a thread discussion? For what purpose?
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 06-21-2014 at 02:58 PM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

If one trains legitimate CMA then there is no problem because the Dao shows us the Way.
    Whether there is agreement or not, it's all the same. I would imagine those who train legitimate CMA, already possess the discipline, grace, loves tamarind (straight from the tree) and drinks tea. OK maybe enjoys a good drink of wine, or beer
    Tsingdao or even Corona.

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
    Thank you for summing up exactly what's the issue here. People with no maturity, discipline or respect are everywhere here, and that attitude just does not exist in people who legitimately train martial arts at the level that these children are pretending to. Even with a minimum amount of critical thinking it's pretty clear to see that this troll majority has absolutely nothing to offer but drama.
    So start a thread Einstein and stop moaning about other people.

Or does one like the drama as much as the people he denounces?

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    So start a thread Einstein and stop moaning about other people.

Or does one like the drama as much as the people he denounces?
    Yes Miguel. And post a video while you're at it, since you seem to think that is a prerequisite to having anything of value to say.

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Yes Miguel. And post a video while you're at it, since you seem to think that is a prerequisite to having anything of value to say.
    God Keith......... we agree for a change!

God Keith......... we agree for a change!
    Pass the pitcher Glenn. I'm out of beer. Slide the peanuts my way while you're at it.

that attitude just does not exist in people who legitimately train martial arts at the level that these children are pretending to
    News flash: High level martial artists aren't necessarily high level people. MA training doesn't necessarily make you a better human being, there's other stuff you have to do for that. Plenty of walking, talking, counterexamples to your hypothesis.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Are you trying to vote yourself into the troll majority with this post?

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    I'm not making any claims and backing them with 30 pages of drama and no substance. If I were saying something like "This totally works because _______" then rational people would expect to see some actual evidence of that instead of arguing for 30 pages before taking me seriously.
    learn->practice->habit->reflex->instinct

I'm not making any claims and backing them with 30 pages of drama and no substance. If I were saying something like "This totally works because _______" then rational people would expect to see some actual evidence of that instead of arguing for 30 pages before taking me seriously.
    No, instead you chose to talk down to and insult a good majority of the contributing member members of this forum with negative, condescending and attacking comments like "People with no maturity, discipline or respect are everywhere here, and that attitude just does not exist in people who legitimately train martial arts at the level that these children are pretending to."
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

For the last several weeks, only one thread has been on topic, two more came in in the last day, and they are definitely in a balancing act.

This specific forum has a reputation for people bickering about nothing.

It is an earned reputation. Even when some members agree, they have to bring up old ****, too.

This is not an issue of "the internet". The rest of this website has forums with some flame wars and some discussion. It's the wing chun forum. All flame wars everywhere. Hell, there's a member here who has only posted in lineage war discussions.

If you believe this will not get you banned, you are dreaming. You might want to pick and choose when you fight.

You can be mad at me, but this is the truth. I have modded with Sanjuro Ronin before elsewhere. You leave no option but to ban you, no matter if you are right about someone else being an idiot, you're gone, because it's not your forum, it's not about your view of wing chun or people respecting your knowledge, it's about a shared space and whether you can actually share it. Your small group of friends here cannot save you if you can't share this space.

Quote Originally Posted by Faux Newbie View Post
    For the last several weeks, only one thread has been on topic, two more came in in the last day, and they are definitely in a balancing act.

This specific forum has a reputation for people bickering about nothing.

It is an earned reputation. Even when some members agree, they have to bring up old ****, too.

This is not an issue of "the internet". The rest of this website has forums with some flame wars and some discussion. It's the wing chun forum. All flame wars everywhere. Hell, there's a member here who has only posted in lineage war discussions.

If you believe this will not get you banned, you are dreaming. You might want to pick and choose when you fight.

You can be mad at me, but this is the truth. I have modded with Sanjuro Ronin before elsewhere. You leave no option but to ban you, no matter if you are right about someone else being an idiot, you're gone, because it's not your forum, it's not about your view of wing chun or people respecting your knowledge, it's about a shared space and whether you can actually share it. Your small group of friends here cannot save you if you can't share this space.
    So let me get this right?
    Some guy ,who basically never posts basically, comes on and decides to lectures everyone here with statements such as "As someone who rarely posts on these forums, I've gotta agree: ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.", and you now feel that you need to chime in , tell everyone about you moderating career (were you undefeated), and seem to want to come across as Miguels mother?!?!

AS SJ said, there's been insults and name calling here for years, if you don't like it leave, but when racism and the like comes out............ youre gone.

So how about you and Miguel find a forum where you can sip tea and eat cucumber sandwiches

I just got back from vacation...

...and I confess that I'm somewhat disappointed in the mods too. I figured they would have banned all of you in my absence and shut the WC subforum down.

But no. I return to find DJ prancing about in his tighty-whiteys and beer cups strewn all over the place. Can't leave you kids alone for a minute.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

So let me get this right?
    Some guy ,who basically never posts basically, comes on and decides to lectures everyone here with statements such as "As someone who rarely posts on these forums, I've gotta agree: ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.", and you now feel that you need to chime in , tell everyone about you moderating career (were you undefeated), and seem to want to come across as Miguels mother?!?!
    The mod comment was in relation to the mod who actually has to deal with you childish people. Considering that the people complaining about being called out for their behavior have derailed thread after thread after the mod warnings, while myself and others who chose not to be part of the problem (or tried to behave like adults) actually kept threads with real content going and made sure they returned to their topics despite the bickering, I'm not sure you should be surprised that being more childish than most forums may draw some negative attention.

What constructive discussion have you provided in the last three weeks?

AS SJ said, there's been insults and name calling here for years, if you don't like it leave,
    The rest of the forums were not much different ten years ago. They are not the same now, because people grew up. You have yet to provide a good excuse for not occasionally actually recognizing that others might like the forum for other reasons than what you like, and you are stuck sharing with them since it's not your forum.

And no, I won't be leaving.

but when racism and the like comes out............ youre gone.
    I've been on the kung fu forums for years, no big racism problem.

So how about you and Miguel find a forum where you can sip tea and eat cucumber sandwiches
    This is shared space. You are not in charge of it. You are not even contributing to it at the moment.

I'll be staying, thanks.