Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 121

Thread: Dear mods, why do you allow so much drama here?

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Great Lakes State, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,647
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    You guys LOVE the drama.
    Maybe its a WC thing, maybe you guys just love the whole "armchair warrior" thing, maybe its a type of LARPING for you, who knows?

    Shihing said it best, it is YOUR forum and if you guys want it full of drama...

    That said, we do have limits to our patience and it is best NOT to provoke TOO much.

    Certain things that are not acceptable and will get you banned:
    Slanderous accusations ( accusing someone of something illegal/unethical with no proof)
    Racist remarks or accusing someone of racism.
    Coming back under a different IP after being banned without asking for permission.
    Using other peoples private conversations (email and PM's) without their permission.
    Things like that.
    Yes , we love drama, is this not the TCMA martial art of the Red Boat Opera? If we chooze to dress up in ornate silks and heavy make-up to kick your asses, we will maintain that privilege. https://www.google.com/search?q=Chin...w=1440&bih=799
    Last edited by PalmStriker; 06-17-2014 at 08:24 PM.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    22,250
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This just remind me sometime ago I stated my brother in law (also my TCMA teacher) personal story and someone accused me as racism.

    During the WWII, in a Japanese invasion China battle field, my brother in law killed a Japanese soldier in cross range by his dagger on top of his riffle. He hated his enemy so much (because during the Japanese invasion, one of his family members was killed by the Japanese), he open his enemy's chest, took out his enemy's heart, and ate it. The vine of that heart broke his front tooth. all his life until his death, he didn't fix his front tooth.

    Sometime I'm not sure when a Jewish said that he doesn't like Nazi, should it be considered as "racism"?
    Nazi's aren't a race.
    The only thing your BIL could be accused of is being overly consumed with hate ( and cannibalism), not racism.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Nazi's aren't a race.
    The only thing your BIL could be accused of is being overly consumed with hate ( and cannibalism), not racism.
    Speaking of Nazi's, I am reminded of one of the best BJJ videos out on the internet EVA!!!!!


  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    CA, USA
    Posts
    4,893
    Quote Originally Posted by SKM View Post
    Thank you for sharing this John. During WWII, my father helped liberate the camps after the Bataan Death March. He said they loaded human skeletons onto the ships and upon sight of them, he went to the stern of the ship and puked his guts out. After he did that, he arose with an intense, burning hatred for Japanese people that lasted the rest of his life. Move forward 50 years and he is in a group counseling session at a local hospital. Across from him sat an elderly Japanese woman, whom he of course focused in on, making sure he told his story to the group while looking at her. She listened without saying or expressing anything. At the end of his discourse, she spoke, and looking at him told how her entire family had been shot for sneaking food to American POWs incarcerated in Japan. He said he was stunned. He learned something that day and I never heard him say a negative word about Japanese again. He told me this story just before he died. The monks used to tell me, all the time, "Put it all down!"
    Nice post, SKM.

    It may sound overly PC to many people, but regardless of how understandable the reasons for it may be, racism, nationalism, sectarianism, etc. are based on ignorance of "the other". Having lived overseas, and having met many people from many places, I learned long ago that lumping individuals together into monolithic groups is based on fallacy. Within every racial group, nationality, etc., are individuals who would treat you warmly and risk their own well-being to help you (not you personally, but a general "you"), as well as others who would gladly throw you under the bus. Plus a whole lot of people who would be indifferent. That goes for our own racial and national "groups" as well. If we can be aware that statistically every group has individuals who are genuinely good souls, as well as those who are capable of pure evil, and varying degrees of in-between, how then can we ever paint whole groups as "the good guys" or "the bad guys"? The truth is never so black and white.

    Okay, rant off. Carry on.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    22,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    Speaking of Nazi's, I am reminded of one of the best BJJ videos out on the internet EVA!!!!!

    Nice and Classic.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    5,714
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    Speaking of Nazi's, I am reminded of one of the best BJJ videos out on the internet EVA!!!!!

    Before this vid I though that Hitler meme had been done to death, but was pleasantly surprised at how funny this is. You need some knowledge of BJJ, but not a lot, to understand it.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

    WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
    This thread kind of made me want to finally post this...

    http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/...ough-is-enough

    As someone who rarely posts on these forums, I've gotta agree: ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

    All you guys do on here is argue. ALL THE TIME. I'm still trying to figure out what the moderators do here, because from where I'm sitting it's always looked like "nothing" with a side of "absolutely nothing," but what I can tell you is that you're alienating pretty much everyone who would prefer to participate in forums where every other thread doesn't devolve into something that looks like a ****ing contest between 12 year olds. Everything is a personal attack, any disagreement has to turn into some drawn-out thread-closing fiasco, and everyone's way is the right way because they said so and anyone who says otherwise is going to hear about how much of a douche they are until the thread gets closed or dies. I honestly don't know how many of you actually train vs just sit online arguing.

    There is a community here with a lot of knowledge and a lot to offer, some great debates can be had and they don't have to turn into name-calling and passive aggressive douchebaggery, but mods, for real, you are pretty much flushing all of that good down the toilet by allowing every troll to just run wild. You need to draw some lines and start actually forcing people here into some kind of discipline, crack down on personal attacks like it's your job (it is by the way), because I can tell you, I want to post here, my training partners want to post here, there are a lot of people waiting on the sidelines wanting to participate in this forum who are just appalled at the conditions here. I'm on a lot of random forums, this is the only one I've ever seen that is so free-for-all that it lacks any sense of real community, and that's a shame. Just my 2 cents, I'll go back to not posting now.
    Good point!

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    22,250
    Or you guys in the WC forum can simply accept the fact that IF were going to moderate this forum like we SHOULD, there would be no WC forum.
    WHY?
    Simply because YOU guys ALLOW the drama to happen because YOU feed it.
    Ignore stupidity and it will cease.
    "let him rave so all my know him to be mad"
    Get it?
    Know, if YOU guys really want a good forum with good solid discussion that is NOT the laughing stock of the rest of the forums, then it falls on YOU to make it so.
    Stop giving voice to the wackos and start participating in decent and productive discussions.
    If you keep calling out the wackos as wackos THEY will leave.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Rockville, MD
    Posts
    2,662
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Or you guys in the WC forum can simply accept the fact that IF were going to moderate this forum like we SHOULD, there would be no WC forum.
    WHY?
    Simply because YOU guys ALLOW the drama to happen because YOU feed it.
    Ignore stupidity and it will cease.
    "let him rave so all my know him to be mad"
    Get it?
    Know, if YOU guys really want a good forum with good solid discussion that is NOT the laughing stock of the rest of the forums, then it falls on YOU to make it so.
    Stop giving voice to the wackos and start participating in decent and productive discussions.
    If you keep calling out the wackos as wackos THEY will leave.
    Good points SR. And this certainly applies to a lot of the recent activity here! But I would also like to point out that there is more to it than just the wackos. Aside from the trolls and wackos, many discussions degenerate and go down the toilet when people started insulting and name-calling each other. Not treating people respectfully as one would in an actual face to face conversation is a significant part of the problem in my opinion.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    ᏌᏂᎭᎢ, ᏥᎾ
    Posts
    3,257
    Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Not treating people respectfully as one would in an actual face to face conversation is a significant part of the problem in my opinion.
    Let's see if I can take a page out of Twenty's book. If actually getting punched in the face were part of people's training, they most likely wouldn't be talking sh!t online where they wouldn't in person. They'd know better. So just ignore the sh!t talkers and don't get into with them. They're offering nothing anyway.

  11. #71

    censorship

    Getting rid of a forum would be censorship. I personally do not support censorship. Even getting rid of a of a branch of this forum would not stop the bandwidth hogging some people do. The co-option of this forum is done by very few people and they would just go to other threads and hog the bandwidth there also. They could be banned, but that is also a form of censure that I do not support. Talking to a person on this forum the way you would talk to them face to face is the best option. Argument and disagreement can still be civil. The main thing I see with argument on this forum is that it does not come out of personal experience and/or research, but rather from something read or from what somebody else says. That is not all together bad if someone else's statement or research backs up what you have already said, and if you cite them. If you do not cite other research, then you are ripping them off and committing plagiarism, which I see a lot of on this forum. Do you have original ideas, original training you have developed, interesting experiences; met interesting people during your training odyssey? I would personally like to read such things, but for the most part, save for just a few rare instances that gems are given on this forum, it is becoming stagnant. You have run off all of the seniors. They do not want to waste time sharing their wisdom on this forum. Running people off by your own indiscretion is also a form of censorship. Some of you say, "If you cannot take it, leave." What about people who can "take it" and still leave? Talking is not fighting and fighters do not talk very much. Given how much time some of you spend on this forum, I can tell you do not train much, if at all. You have never been in a fight; trained until you drop, or lived a fighter's life. If you are a fighter, your presence would be scarce yet to the point when you do check in. I am spending the time to tell you what I see you doing. I want the seniors to come back. I want to talk to them. This is all I will ever say again regarding this issue.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Rockville, MD
    Posts
    2,662
    SKM I agree with everything you said except this part:

    Talking is not fighting and fighters do not talk very much. Given how much time some of you spend on this forum, I can tell you do not train much, if at all. You have never been in a fight; trained until you drop, or lived a fighter's life. If you are a fighter, your presence would be scarce yet to the point when you do check in. I am spending the time to tell you what I see you doing

    Time spent on any forum is directly related to access and how much free-time one fits in. It has nothing to do with how much you train your martial art. I'm here fairly regularly right now because I spend a lot of time at a desk and have the opportunity to pop in here as a break from other work. I'm sure others have a similar circumstance. That does not mean that I don't train in the evenings when off work. To draw a conclusion that just because someone is able to post regularly in a forum that they must not actually train and fight is illogical.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Dahlonega, GA USA
    Posts
    1,592
    Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    SKM I agree with everything you said except this part:

    Talking is not fighting and fighters do not talk very much. Given how much time some of you spend on this forum, I can tell you do not train much, if at all. You have never been in a fight; trained until you drop, or lived a fighter's life. If you are a fighter, your presence would be scarce yet to the point when you do check in. I am spending the time to tell you what I see you doing

    Time spent on any forum is directly related to access and how much free-time one fits in. It has nothing to do with how much you train your martial art. I'm here fairly regularly right now because I spend a lot of time at a desk and have the opportunity to pop in here as a break from other work. I'm sure others have a similar circumstance. That does not mean that I don't train in the evenings when off work. To draw a conclusion that just because someone is able to post regularly in a forum that they must not actually train and fight is illogical.
    Hmmm,

    Seeing how prolific some people post I am doubtful of how much time they train.
    Sorry, but if you can post numerous times a day, even to include different forums, then I am not convinced of the training time spent.
    I mean last time I check we were all limited by the same 24 hour day.
    I am sure there are some who post fairly often who do train, but for some of the more prolific posters, especially considering some of the "rubbish" spouted I am highly doubtful. But, hey that may be just me and my perception. I recall Jim Thorpe was reported to not train much but was an extremely gifted and talented athlete. Perhaps some of those posting are the "Jim Thorpes" of the Wing Chun world and need less training time then the rest of us.
    Peace,

    Dave

    http://www.sifuchowwingchun.com
    Wherever my opponent stands--they are in my space

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,781
    Quote Originally Posted by Sihing73 View Post
    Hmmm,

    Seeing how prolific some people post I am doubtful of how much time they train.
    Sorry, but if you can post numerous times a day, even to include different forums, then I am not convinced of the training time spent.
    I mean last time I check we were all limited by the same 24 hour day.
    I am sure there are some who post fairly often who do train, but for some of the more prolific posters, especially considering some of the "rubbish" spouted I am highly doubtful. But, hey that may be just me and my perception. I recall Jim Thorpe was reported to not train much but was an extremely gifted and talented athlete. Perhaps some of those posting are the "Jim Thorpes" of the Wing Chun world and need less training time then the rest of us.
    LOL, good point Dave.
    I typically post during the day when I get a break at work. I still train 3+ and I'm no Jim Thorpe, but I still manage to get my posts AND workouts in.. (but then, I am not sure if I fall into the 'prolific poster' category..)
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Know, if YOU guys really want a good forum with good solid discussion that is NOT the laughing stock of the rest of the forums, then it falls on YOU to make it so.
    Stop giving voice to the wackos and start participating in decent and productive discussions.
    If you keep calling out the wackos as wackos THEY will leave.
    Great point. In all honesty, this wing chun forum really is the laughing stock of the internet. I can't find a training partner whose heard of it and doesn't think it's a sad ego exercise for very insecure people.

    The only thing the troll majority has proven here is that it's more interested in flexing their egos and pretending to be online martial arts superstars than providing one, single, solitary piece of real legitimate video evidence of any of them backing any of those claims up.

    "My WC works because I'm awesome and I said so"... and you guys actually waste time even replying to that, much less investing any amount of your time into arguing someone with the emotional maturity of a 12 year old? Stop being complicit in this embarrassment already.
    learn->practice->habit->reflex->instinct

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •