Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Dear mods, why do you allow so much drama here?

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    ...and I confess that I'm somewhat disappointed in the mods too. I figured they would have banned all of you in my absence and shut the WC subforum down.

But no. I return to find DJ prancing about in his tighty-whiteys and beer cups strewn all over the place. Can't leave you kids alone for a minute.
    No, you can't. But since I did click on that link and it didn't lead to matbattle but instead led to some post about the 36 Chambers of KFF, now I'm much more enlightened.

What constructive discussion have you provided in the last three weeks?
    Go have a look for yourself between you chest beating ethics lectures.

The rest of the forums were not much different ten years ago. They are not the same now, because people grew up. You have yet to provide a good excuse for not occasionally actually recognizing that others might like the forum for other reasons than what you like, and you are stuck sharing with them since it's not your forum.
    Oh yeh right, between the threats, fights, posts of videos of some guy getting beaten up by some younger guy (a recent thread i saw).......... yeh, its a shining light of maturity
    Theres plenty i find wrong with the forum (Hendrick being allowed to spam it without moderation is a prime one ), but i know what im in for when i log on.

As i said to Miguel earlier, if you want a decent thread.......... start one!

And no, I won't be leaving.
    Good, youre amusing

I've been on the kung fu forums for years, no big racism problem.
    Id disagree with that

This is shared space. You are not in charge of it. You are not even contributing to it at the moment.
    Oh, its a quota system now?

I'll be staying, thanks.
    You need to say that twice?

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    Go have a look for yourself between you chest beating ethics lectures.
    Fair enough. You have good posts. I was wrong on that count.

Oh yeh right, between the threats, fights, posts of videos of some guy getting beaten up by some younger guy (a recent thread i saw).......... yeh, its a shining light of maturity
    Between fourteen forums, a few ridiculous things. This forum is entirely on a different level, most threads become stomping ground for people bickering about old flame wars. As I've said before, flame wars are fine, as long as people who are here for discussion can do so.

Theres plenty i find wrong with the forum (Hendrick being allowed to spam it without moderation is a prime one ), but i know what im in for when i log on.
    The idea that spamming here is productive is silly. The idea that making the whole forum about that doesn't make it more effective of spam is even worse.

As i said to Miguel earlier, if you want a decent thread.......... start one!
    I took part in one and started one, they were the only on topic threads whatsoever, which I think you still know is a naive solution. When a good chunk of members base their membership on carrying insults and flame wars to all, not just some, threads, it craps it up for everyone else. It's like the suggestion of reigning it in a bit is just so horrible.

Good, youre amusing
    I know.

Id disagree with that
    I assume you are talking about the forums in general. If, however, you are accusing me personally of racism, I suggest you make the accusation and what it is based off of clear now.

Oh, its a quota system now?
    Yes, but you made good contributions, I'll let you pass.

You need to say that twice?
    You asked me to leave twice, I didn't want you to feel I wasn't listening.
    Last edited by Faux Newbie; 06-25-2014 at 03:48 PM.

To be clear, nice requests to reign it in have come from:

1) members
    2) mods
    3) Gene

People ignored them. Said "But so and so started it", or "that's the internet" or "I won't" or "don't be sensitive"

There's no good argument for not finding that lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Faux Newbie View Post
    Fair enough. You have good posts. I was wrong on that count.

Between fourteen forums, a few ridiculous things. This forum is entirely on a different level, most threads become stomping ground for people bickering about old flame wars. As I've said before, flame wars are fine, as long as people who are here for discussion can do so.

The idea that spamming here is productive is silly. The idea that making the whole forum about that doesn't make it more effective of spam is even worse.

I took part in one and started one, they were the only on topic threads whatsoever, which I think you still know is a naive solution. When a good chunk of members base their membership on carrying insults and flame wars to all, not just some, threads, it craps it up for everyone else. It's like the suggestion of reigning it in a bit is just so horrible.

I know.

I assume you are talking about the forums in general. If, however, you are accusing me personally of racism, I suggest you make the accusation and what it is based off of clear now.

Yes, but you made good contributions, I'll let you pass.

You asked me to leave twice, I didn't want you to feel I wasn't listening.
    Ok, lets start again
    Im not against people suggesting the forum could need work, people such as yourself that contribute, but when someone comes on, lectures everyone .... well..... lets just say ive little time for that.

Ive been here for years as well and, to be honest, i just come on here for a bit of fun now ,hopefully with the occasional snippet of info garnished from a poster here.

The racism thing? Not you, Ali.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    Ok, lets start again
    Im not against people suggesting the forum could need work, people such as yourself that contribute, but when someone comes on, lectures everyone .... well..... lets just say ive little time for that.

Ive been here for years as well and, to be honest, i just come on here for a bit of fun now ,hopefully with the occasional snippet of info garnished from a poster here.

The racism thing? Not you, Ali.
    In fairness, I am an arsehole. However, on this forum, you can hardly tell.

Thanks for clarifying, and I get you. My lecture was really not relevant to a poster like you, to be honest. I admit, after looking at your posting history, I was in the wrong.

Now, I will go be smug about my flawless ability to admit my own flaws.

1) members
    2) mods
    3) Gene

People ignored them. Said "But so and so started it", or "that's the internet" or "I won't" or "don't be sensitive"

+1 I tried to get people's attention. Didn't work. People didn't care. Glenn happened to be one of the main guys opposing what I was trying to say...for what that's worth. I got called all kinds of names and told to "harden the **** up." Now other people are saying the same things I was saying. Do you think anyone is paying attention now?

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    +1 I tried to get people's attention. Didn't work. People didn't care. Glenn happened to be one of the main guys opposing what I was trying to say...for what that's worth. I got called all kinds of names and told to "harden the **** up." Now other people are saying the same things I was saying. Do you think anyone is paying attention now?
    Hard is not flame wars, imo. The online history of various people who flame and talk about their skill, and then get filmed fighting or training, is almost a testament to this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unkIVvjZc9Y

Hard is not flame wars, imo. The online history of various people who flame and talk about their skill, and then get filmed fighting or training, is almost a testament to this.
    I think you have been seeing a few isolated cases recently as far as "flame wars" go. In my opinion the bigger problem that has been on-going here is that there is a small group of regular forumites that essentially act like a55holes and are proud of it. They wear it like a badge of courage and have an antagonistic attitude in every thread in which they take part. I think you've seen that. One would hope they don't act this way in person, but who knows?

1) members
    2) mods
    3) Gene

Don't worry, there are changes coming here.
    People can't say they haven't been warned.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

I think you have been seeing a few isolated cases recently as far as "flame wars" go. In my opinion the bigger problem that has been on-going here is that there is a small group of regular forumites that essentially act like a55holes and are proud of it. They wear it like a badge of courage and have an antagonistic attitude in every thread in which they take part. I think you've seen that. One would hope they don't act this way in person, but who knows?
    I think they are the same thing. People who have to be right need arguments to validate that, and it's easy in a forum where that becomes the norm for even regular people to fall into it for a while. Requests to not dominate the forum dynamic ruin their fun, and cause them to whine and complain while calling other people sensitive. Most people online aren't really sociopaths, so this behavior tends to lose out long run in forums populated by adults. Martial artists take longer, due to being less smarter. A little flaming is not usually a problem at that point. I cite every other forum on this website as an example. I could cite other forums as well, it's pretty much the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Don't worry, there are changes coming here.
    People can't say they haven't been warned.
    So is this a good time for me to instigate internet challenges?

So is this a good time for me to instigate internet challenges?
    When is it NOT a good time for that !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    When is it NOT a good time for that !
    Are you challenging me?