Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pondering

Quote Originally Posted by Grumblegeezer View Post
    @JP: Faux's comments (quoted above) seem to make sense to me. I thought he was addressing the problem we have with certain individuals getting into an endless back-and forth argument and then following each other from thread to thread across the forum.

The second part you quoted below was addressing a different topic:

This also seemed to be an entirely sensible statement, ...unusual (on this forum at least) only in that it seems to be sort of an apology. .
    I hear ya, and those 2 parts did make sense. It was all of the stuff in between that I didn't quote that I was referring to. Nothing personal against Faux, but even if I cared enough to continue the discussion, it was too much convoluted talk to sift thru on arguing about arguing . Or maybe I have adult A.D.D. too!
    Last edited by JPinAZ; 06-13-2014 at 03:27 PM.
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ View Post
    I hear ya, and those 2 parts did make sense. It was all of the stuff in between that I didn't quote that I was referring to. Nothing personal against Faux, but even if I cared enough to continue the discussion, it was too much convoluted talk to sift thru on arguing about arguing . Or maybe I have adult A.D.D. too!
    Perhaps we could all start a support group. Forum Anonymous. It's been three days since my last youtube binge.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumblegeezer View Post
    getting into an endless back-and forth argument ...
    I had the following conversation with someone in another forum.

A: What will you do when you are 70?
    B: Age 70!? I am looking forward towards age 90!
    C: That's the right attitude. If you don't stop your training, you should still be able to do ...
    B: But you can lose something...it all depends on your health or any disease(s) you may have.
    C: You can rebuild it, ...
    B: Rebuild is not the situation. Re-design or go another direction could be the best approach.

I was the guy C. I let him to have the last words and I didn't want to continue any further.

It's interested to see that I started with positive "right", I get negative respond "but". I then still respond positive "can". I got another negative respond "not".

C: ... right ...
    B: ... but ...
    C: ... can ...
    B: ... not ...

The

- good thing was the dis-agreement did not continue.
    - bad thing was that thread just stopped right there.

Did I kill that thread because I didn't want to continue that discussion? I don't know.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 06-14-2014 at 12:57 AM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument