Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you practice the 'shadowless' kick in your wing chun forms?

Hi guys,

Really pushed for time at the moment as I'm pushing myself to get my final draft of my book/syllabus finished within the next two weeks so my answers and input (For now) will be brief!

The first photo is our Entry Technique and the others on the Wooden Dummy are variations of the Round Kick.

For this example (a round kick) contact is made in a diagonal upward manner with the top of the foot and shin (dependent on the target). Usually the Peroneal nerve on the opponents leg or the base of the floating ribs for an example.

Ron Goninan
    China Fuzhou Zhenlan Crane Boxing Australia
    White Crane Research Institute Inc
    http://www.whitecranegongfu.info
    A seeker of the way

Quote Originally Posted by Minghequan View Post
    For this example (a round kick) contact is made in a diagonal upward manner with the top of the foot and shin (dependent on the target). Usually the Peroneal nerve on the opponents leg or the base of the floating ribs for an example.
    Do the traditional White Crane forms include this roundhouse kick? Also, do you make use of the ball of the foot as a striking surface for round house kicks in your system?
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

Do the traditional White Crane forms include this roundhouse kick? Also, do you make use of the ball of the foot as a striking surface for round house kicks in your system?
    1/. Quantao /Taolu of White Crane Gongfu has three levels of the same form:

1/. The basic pattern and movements of that form 拳套 (Quantao = a performance of set offensive and defensive Gongfu movements based on Chinese Martial Arts principles)

2/. Understanding the energy (Jing 精 and Jin 勁) and concepts/principles of that form.

3/ The "Yong fa" or martial arts applications of that form combined with the energy of that form.

Tao or truth (the “Way”) is that which we know not the manner of. It can therefore be “felt” only by an intuitive perception.

Within the stepping actions of White Crane are found the Kicking techniques so yes there is a Round Kick - "Rising Cutting Kick" or a Fire/Metal element kick.

Re: the foot positioning or "weapon" used ... in the main it is the top of the foot/shin area although the tip of the toes/shoes area can also be used to compress nerves / blood gates.

Ron Goninan
    China Fuzhou Zhenlan Crane Boxing Australia
    White Crane Research Institute Inc
    http://www.whitecranegongfu.info
    A seeker of the way