Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
4. I have never deleted anything I post.
He deleted several things from his posts within that thread. Then when he got cornered, the thread mysteriously disappeared!

So last night, Hendrik is mocking Shaolin as a "fake and copy cat" when I showed that the term Zhaoyang is not unique to White Crane. There is even an entire system consisting of 4 forms bearing the name Zhaoyangquan. But since it was a Qing Dynasty creation, Hendrik accuses Shaolin of "pirating" the term from White Crane. Likely.

My point was not to suggest connection between Shaolin and White Crane, but just to show that the term is common in TCMA and that it's absurd to claim direct connection between his Wing Chun and White Crane based on a common term. (Remember, this is the only thing GM Lee Kong recognized in his whole kyut, but when he did Hendrik was quick to call it White Crane DNA- a term which GM Lee Kong said is only wishful thinking).

It's unremarkable for this term to appear elsewhere. After all, there's nothing to say his Wing Chun didn't pirate the term in the same way he accuses Shaolin. He has no information on who taught what to whom, when and where to make any sort of historical claim.

So on Hendrik goes to mocking irrelevant modern Shaolin, saying they don't even have Chan (presuming he does, but this is not a religious debate). Then he mocks me saying next I'll show some Shaolin McDonald's burger or some sh!t saying it is common in China and proves something, blah, blah, blah. Funny guy.

Due to Hendrik's arrogance I then give another example of the term "Zhaoyang Hand" used elsewhere in TCMA, and older than his "unique signature of White Crane since the 1650's Qing Dynasty".

General Qi Jiguang's (1528-1588) book Ji Xiao Xin Shu (纪效新书).

The term "Zhaoyang Hand" appears in the lyrics for the 32 posture set in Chapter 14 of this Ming Dynasty work. Now how is this a pirating of the "unique signature of White Crane since the 1650's Qing Dynasty" from a hundred years later?

After leaving this question last night, when I come back on today, wouldn't you know it.... the entire thread is deleted without a trace.

But I did rub it in by asking him to pull up to the second window for his McWingChun with extra cheeeese!