Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "Hendrik is on to": Deleted? (Zhaoyang Hand)

the last thing we want is to drag respectable grandmasters like GM FU of Emei or GM Lee Kong of Fujian White Crane into a political issue.
    Assuming they are both respectable and grandmasters (if you meet the grandmaster on the road, kill him!) - IMO a contestable assertion - that particular horse has bolted, sired several generations and has died and afterwards been flogged mercilessly. A little late to suggest shutting the gate now.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

企掌屈肘單朝陽, 上下飛花勁脈暢.
    Erect palm bent elbow single zhao yang, Upper lower flying flowers power channels unimpeded.

Explain the actions.....

05:38 - 06:06
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g77i-pznhtA

06:14 - 07:00
    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNzA3MjUyNDI0.html

Not big deal ha ha ha! Why so much talking

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    1. My WCK is a fusion of fujian white crane and emei 12 zhuang, two mother arts,

2. Yuen Kai Shan history say, wck is from snake and crane

http://www.wingchunpedia.org/pmwiki/...KayShanLineage

3. There is no such thing of pirate in my Wck or YKS WCK. Because white crane is the clearly state as the mother art.
    YKS Manifest states that Wing chun is from soft-style White Crane and Snake-fist BOXING style, not snake-essence Qigong. (*clarification).

Quote Originally Posted by PalmStriker View Post
    YKS Manifest states that Wing chun is from soft-style White Crane and Snake-fist BOXING style, not snake-essence Qigong. (*clarification).

No one knows everything.
    No one get everything 100% right .
    However, from multiple source and evidence what is very likely always has a trace.

Strange that people complain on what has evidence and more likely, and ok with
    Shaolin and general Qi book
    Which are totally off.

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian1000 View Post
    企掌屈肘單朝陽, 上下飛花勁脈暢.
    Erect palm bent elbow single zhao yang, Upper lower flying flowers power channels unimpeded.

Explain the actions.....

05:38 - 06:06
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g77i-pznhtA

06:14 - 07:00
    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNzA3MjUyNDI0.html

Not big deal ha ha ha! Why so much talking
    Hendrik, you created a new account?

No big deal. Exactly! There's nothing remarkable about it, but this is what you're using as proof of connection between your Wing Chun and Emei & White Crane.

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    Hendrik, you created a new account?

No big deal. Exactly! There's nothing remarkable about it, but this is what you're using as proof of connection between your Wing Chun and Emei & White Crane.

1. Not me.

2. Seriously, You are free to think as you like.
    Since you can't differentiate between shongshan shaolin copy , general Qi book , and Wck. What can be expect from your view?

3. Seriously, the key is in the details of the look simple and nothing remarkable or daily bread and butter .
    That's why the set is name as Small training. And wck is known for simple elegance, and shophisticated.

Instead of Big red fist of Shaolin modern Wushu for stage demo where one remarkably flying around.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-15-2014 at 09:26 AM.

We like it or not, this is Single Zhao Yang of Fujian White Crane Based.
    One sure can deny it. That is personal freedom of thinking.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Since you can't differentiate between shongshan shaolin copy , general Qi book , and Wck. What can be expect from your view?
    Prove your Wing Chun is not just a copy. Who taught what to whom, when and where?

Pictures of similar hand positions makes me realize another reason why you deleted that thread, Hendrik! You took all the pictures with it when you got cornered, you sneaky b@stard. You can't delete it this time though.

You didn't like the fact that your "Buddha counsel hands" posture you claim proves your Wing Chun's connection to Emei is also found in other unrelated TCMA, which discounts your absurd claim.

This shows you doing your Emei "signature move" side-by-side with the identical posture used in Songshan Shaolin from centuries earlier. It's also a salute and has application.

If you want to research any one style, you can't be ignorant of other TCMAs. Common hand shapes and actions are found in almost every system of TCMA. It's beyond absurd to look at similar postures and claim direct connections without answering the essential historical questions of who taught what to whom, when and where!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

B). Photo of Master Su YingHan of the YongChun YiYun Wushu Society ( A friend and guide of Mine)

C). Photo off a poster for a Movie about Wing Chun depicting and "Actor" ... That is your reference? Good God!

Ron Goninan
    China Fuzhou Zhenlan Crane Boxing Australia
    White Crane Research Institute Inc
    http://www.whitecranegongfu.info
    A seeker of the way

We like it or not, this is Single Zhao Yang of Fujian White Crane Based.
    One sure can deny it. That is personal freedom of thinking.
    Hendrik, who do you think it was that showed Donnie Yen wing chun and taught him how to chi sau? I think a couple of people did and I know for certain that Ip Chun spent a lot of time with him. Indeed, there are many video clips of him chi sauing with Donnie. Regardless, that image is from a commercial entertainment film and it cannot stand as a piece of documentary evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
    I think LFJ is partly correct here. From a strict epistemological point of view, Hendrik, you cannot really classify all of your work and claims as research proper. The literature review you engage in is to be commended but by itself it is not strong enough to make the claims that you do and nor is the interview based evidence strong enough to reinforce your position. It is good practice, in all types of research that has a strong interpretive part, to acknowledge that nothing is 100% nor a 'fact'. There is no escaping, from an epistemological point of view, this observation.

Yes, I used a big word above and I do so because it means I can use less words in my post and be more succinct; that is why big words come into being.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

One cannot expect self appointed wing chun historians to know much about epistemology.

Geez guys. Hendrik only showed that pic of Donnie Yen because it was a clear illustration of a common hand position in Wing Chun that everyone should recognize. It had nothing to do with the actor or the movie. And besides, its not really even Donnie Yen, or even a real person! That is an advertisement illustration for an excellent 1/6 scale action figure based on the character from the movie.

It's laughable that Hendrik, in his own desire and base level need for some form of justification and self-validation would use of all things a Movie Poster as a means of trying to get that justification!!! Really

Hendrik just so you know, epistemology is the study of knowledge and justified belief.

Ron Goninan
    China Fuzhou Zhenlan Crane Boxing Australia
    White Crane Research Institute Inc
    http://www.whitecranegongfu.info
    A seeker of the way

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

One cannot expect self appointed wing chun historians to know much about epistemology.
    I remember my first year at university. It tool me a week to get through just the first few pages of one text book because I had to delve into the dictionary to discover the meaning of every other word. Hendrik can google it and he also needs to read up on historical research methodologies. I could say the same for Sergio as well as others too, Jim.

It is quite comical, Sergio that is, as in one of his videos he moves to the white board and draws the commonly known 'gates' over a diagram of a human body and then says, looking like the the cat that's got the cream and is very impressed with himself, 'I was very clever at school, the best in mathematics, so I don't just stay in 2D, I can can reveal the other dimension, the gates in 3D!'; yes I paraphrase but it was along those lines.