Thread: Fujian white crane and wing chun a comparrision

Threaded View

Blog Entries

Fujian white crane and wing chun a comparrision

Quote Originally Posted by Minghequan View Post
    I can't speak for Wing Chun but in White Crane we have been told that "all kicks are within the arms" meaning that the kicks themselves are not extended too far beyond the arms reach.
    Attachment 8705

We also do our kicks at a 45 degree angle without full extension of the leg and without aligning the standing foot, hip knee and kicking foot in a line like you may see in Karate or Taekwondo.

Attachment 8704

Nice Post Ron,
    This is also in line with how I was taught to kick in wing chun. I started this thread with the intention that this would be a great opportunity to start up a discussion on a comparision of wing chun and white crane concepts and principles.

Some topics of discussion could include The fujian white crane Bagua concept, or strategies of stepping ( chart with a code for actual strategies) mui fa baat gwa (plum blossom eight trigrams) http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/559/dlzq.jpg.

The diagonal angles (Four Horizontal golden points) and minor blocks. (up, down , left and right. The bagua strategies of kicking and hand bridge work.

lien wan kao da (continuous capture hit)

Fujian white crane principle of going to the forth door
    Last edited by kung fu fighter; 06-15-2014 at 08:15 PM.