Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Ip Man Wing Chun?

Quote Originally Posted by BPWT.. View Post
    The versions you've experienced you can give an honest opinion on, I agree (at least if you had some training in their method). You have never had this with LTWT from Hong Kong. So I am saying you're closed minded to rule things out if you haven't had some experience of it.

The Wing Tsun from the EWTO is not what LT teaches. I can't put it any clearer than that. KK teaches what he does based on his own ideas and well, to be frank, having started teaching when he was really not far into studying. His exposure to HK method is actually rather limited, IMO.
    Really??!! How can anyone in their right mind take Leung Ting seriously! The guy is a walking disaster and simply a joke.
    Hate to offend people but wake up. Leung Ting, KK and William Cheung should be ashamed of what they sell to people as so called martial arts.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    One guy showing another guy what he needs to work on (in that case - a lot! Punching force and elbow positioning, forward force, correct entering, etc, etc).

Simple proactive training.

Quote Originally Posted by Rik-M View Post
    Really??!! How can anyone in their right mind take Leung Ting seriously! The guy is a walking disaster and simply a joke.
    Rik, when did you study in Hong Kong under Leung Ting (or one of his guys in HK)?

One guy showing another guy what he needs to work on (in that case - a lot! Punching force and elbow positioning, forward force, correct entering, etc, etc).

Simple proactive training.
    I rest my case!

Game over now!
    "Ving Tsun is a horse not everybody can ride"

Wong Shun Leung.

Rik, when did you study in Hong Kong under Leung Ting (or one of his guys in HK)?
    What a stupid f888ing question!

Wong Shun Leung.

@Rik

The fact that he thought that clip was proactive training should give a good idea of BPWT's world!

Wong Shun Leung.

I rest my case! Game over now!
    You can leave the conversation if you want to, of course. But what exactly is your case? If PB has a student making many errors, how does he show them those errors?

I know your VT has differences to my WT, but what is your problem with the methodology here?

Or are you just saying, "Look, one of these guys is struggling and he doesn't do things how PB does."

Here's another clip. Same method. A LTWT teacher showing a student where they have holes and weaknesses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2_nZpeljGs

You have/use a different teaching methodology?

What a stupid f888ing question!
    Okay, I see what you're saying. Rik is another guy who talks in absolutes about people he has never trained with?

How did this become another Leung Ting-bashing thread? Really guys, we don't need to rehash this all over again in yet another thread. Graham, your guys sound just like you. I guess you train them in forum behavior right alongside their Wing Chun.

Oh no you got me! Leung Ting told me never to mention to you that I was his closed door student! We were like ships in the night you and I. As you left, I arrived, with Leung Ting closing and locking the door behind me. I know the true secrets of WT, every thing else is make believe.

Stupid question = Stupid answer

You're half right, at least.

Just wanted to be clear about what you knew from experience. From your answer it's clear you haven't actually experienced the thing you judge to be "a walking disaster."

Do you judge movies at the cinema to be sh!t before you've watched them? Or books to be badly written before you've read them? Food to be lacking in taste before you've tried it?

Thanks for the contribution. You've really added something: more bullish!t.

Here's another clip. Same method. A LTWT teacher showing a student where they have holes and weaknesses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2_nZpeljGs

You have/use a different teaching methodology?
    Than lucky strike slap boxing? Yes.

Oh no you got me! Leung Ting told me never to mention to you that I was his closed door student! We were like ships in the night you and I. As you left, I arrived, with Leung Ting closing and locking the door behind me. I know the true secrets of WT, every thing else is make believe.

Then you must be independently wealthy. The last guy that did that bought a castle to practice slow movement flow chi sau in.

You're half right, at least.

Just wanted to be clear about what you knew from experience. From your answer it's clear you haven't actually experienced the thing you judge to be "a walking disaster."

Do you judge movies at the cinema to be sh!t before you've watched them? Or books to be badly written before you've read them? Food to be lacking in taste before you've tried it?

Thanks for the contribution. You've really added something: more bullish!t.
    My goodness you're a friendly chap!

Do i need to fly to Hong Kong to train with Leung Ting to experience the true LTWT? Is it different than I have seen on you tube and the like?

As for choosing films I tend to read Empire and Total Film, for a good book I suggest reading amazon reviews and for restaurants I'm not sure that I can help as I don't know where you live. I hope this has help you in some way.