I've never been a fan of Leung Ting. I don't like his Wing Chun body structure and I don't like his marketing. The "leaning back while hitting" thing never made any sense to me. But.....through the years I have been involved in Wing Chun it has never really been a question that Leung Ting studied with Yip Man. There has been plenty of photos and such to back it up.

From what Graham posted earlier:

Sifu Wong Sheun Leung went on to point out: “The Wing Chun School is a Chinese kung fu school. It has no black belts and white belts at all, neither is its practiced to divide disciples into dans or levels. Leung Ting has persistently falsified, claiming himself “Leader of instructors”, “chief instructor”, “head of the school”, and the “youngest disciple”. All these are his tricks to raise his position. Now he even dares to deceitfully claim himself head of the school. We, members of the Wing Chun School can no longer tolerate this in muteness and allow a traitor to fledge in order to appease him.”

To me, WSL clearly is questioning LT's authority and position within the Yip Man lineage. He never says that LT didn't learn from Yip Man.

Now, after all, is Leung Ting a disciple of Grandmaster Ip Man? Ip Man’s eldest son Sifu Ip Chun testified that he had never seen his father teaching pugilism to Leung Ting. This proves that Leung Ting is not a disciple personally-tutored by Ip Man.

This is something included by whoever wrote up the coverage of the press conference. It isn't a quote. It doesn't say that Ip Chun was actually present and pointed this out. Who knows if Ip Chun actually said this at all?

Some asked that if Leung Ting was not Ip Man’s pupil, he was at least Sifu Leung Sheung’s pupil. (in other words, he was Ip Man’s second-generation disciple.) But Sifu Leung Sheung declared that neither was Leung Ting his disciple. The Sihing of the Wing Chun School Leung Sheung said at the press conference: “I have a disciple called Chong Pei, Leung Ting has followed Chong Pei to learn kung fu.”

LS says here that LT studied primarily with Chong Pei rather than himself. He does not state that LS never studied with Yip Man afterwards.

I have don't have any stake in this either way. But I have to say that I agree with what BPWT has been saying as far as LT's "lineage." For what its worth.....