Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast

Thread: Ip Man Wing Chun?

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    You are a human being, are you not? You have a human structure, do you not? So even if you just see the dummy as a 3D "mirror" to some extent, isn't it still based on a human being on an abstract level, just as grumblegeezer said?
    Yes, you can't get away that the WD is to an extend based on dealing with a human opponent with the WC pathway.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by BPWT.. View Post
    Edit: Did you ever meet WSL? When you did, did he tell you to ignore his seminar footage?
    He said certain things he put on film weren't "correct" and that if you wanted to learn it properly you should go to a good teacher to learn it. You are told to ignore seminar footage, especially on the dummy, because it requires that you understand the system as a whole from the beginning.

You guys are so focused on stating that your lineages method is correct/better than the other that you seem to be missing that you are getting to the same point but only taking different roads.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    Yes that is correct. Its about our own execution, positioning and structure. As an example the first action on the dummy is a punch.
    And what is a punch, for you Graham? A method of doing something to someone who isn't there?

Doesn't your SNT and CK work already focus on the execution, positioning and structure of your punch?

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    You guys are so focused on stating that your lineages method is correct/better than the other that you seem to be missing that you are getting to the same point but only taking different roads.
    I don't agree. WSL's and LT's thinking could not be more different. A point that is regularly discussed in VT circles.

BPWT's head has been clouded in nonsense.
    "Ving Tsun is a horse not everybody can ride"

Wong Shun Leung.

I don't agree. WSL's and LT's thinking could not be more different. A point that is regularly discussed in VT circles.

BPWT's head has been clouded in nonsense.
    That's fine, you don't have to agree.
    I am simply stating that it seems for me, from the outside looking in and with no vested interest in any linage wars that, this is what is happening.
    I think you guys are so vested in your own lineages that you may not be able to see that.

And what is a punch, for you Graham? A method of doing something to someone who isn't there?

Doesn't your SNT and CK work already focus on the execution, positioning and structure of your punch?
    Fairplay you are a d1ck!

In dummy training we are not fighting another person. We are paying attention to ourselves so we can improve the tools required for fighting.

How many more people do you need to be told by mate? 4,7,12, 100?

Leung Ting himself?

Like that would ever happen. He's Little Ting "closed door" student of Yip Man and heir to the throne!

Wong Shun Leung.

Couldn't be further from the truth. LTWT and WSLVT create vastly different fighters! The similarities stop with the names of the forms and the general sequence of actions. Beyond that they are completely different systems.

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    He said certain things he put on film weren't "correct"...
    And you guys have had the nerve to tell me that Leung Ting makes up stuff. Did these WSL seminar students get their money back?

You are told to ignore seminar footage, especially on the dummy, because it requires that you understand the system as a whole from the beginning.
    Pure gold! Okay, I will ignore footage of WSL teaching pretty basic things from the dummy form.

I think you guys are so vested in your own lineages that you may not be able to see that.
    I can see that! It's not lineage wars. It's concept wars and BPWT's and KPM's concepts are wrong! Simple as that!

Wong Shun Leung.

Couldn't be further from the truth. LTWT and WSLVT create vastly different fighters! The similarities stop with the names of the forms and the general sequence of actions. Beyond that they are completely different systems.
    True dat!

Wong Shun Leung.

Pure gold! Okay, I will ignore footage of WSL teaching pretty basic things from the dummy form.
    Yes if you could that would be great!

Wong Shun Leung.

We are paying attention to ourselves so we can improve the tools required for fighting. How many more people do you need to be told by mate?
    I think you're just repeating what PB told you, you haven't explained it by answering the questions I asked.

Answering means giving more than just:

"you are wrong."
    "It doesn't."
    "Little Ting...blah blah blah."
    "you don't understand."
    "WSL deliberately taught incorrect stuff in his seminars, so don't watch those as examples."
    "Your concepts are wrong."

I think you're just repeating what PB told you, you haven't explained it by answering the questions I asked.
    I think you are just incapable of understanding this type of thinking. Graham explained it sufficiently in his post, I think it was, #481 at the top of page 33.

I think you are just incapable of understanding this type of thinking. Graham explained it sufficiently in his post, I think it was, #481 at the top of page 33.
    And in post #486 and onwards I responded, explaining what I don't understand about what he'd said. That's the nature of a discussion. To ask more and to give feedback.... Rather than to listen and then not ask more, instead just saying: "Okay, I must be incapable of understanding, seeing as that guy's posts really don't seem logical to me."

Of course, to me and to others too.

I even tried to make my own opinion/thoughts clearer by referencing a clip of WSL himself. You guys told me to ignore it, saying WSL didn't teach correctly on his own seminars.