Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Great wing chun blast episode

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
    A quick Q. Do you know of anyone in the UK that is worth seeing with respects to SC?
    I met one SC coach (a black guy) from UK in Rome, Italy tournament. I don't remember his name. He took his UK team to compete in that tournament.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Quote Originally Posted by Faux Newbie View Post
    Ah, I had the volume down, so I wasn't even aware pain compliance was being worked!

I thought it was just closing, grabbing, and then the student chooses to fall down before they should.
    Indeed my friend, indeed.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Indeed my friend, indeed.
    Since most of my enemies are narcoleptics, I completely agreed with everything I saw.

I was always taught to get wrist control BEFORE I try for the the neck tie, as that stops another wrestler getting the opposite neck tie and a stalemate, or (to some degree) the 2 on 1.

That strategy and proper wrestling head position would completely shut down at least the first five minutes of what he does with the pressure points.

I can't get wrist control on that guy? If I can't get wrist control, getting a neck tie's going to be harder still, methinks.
    Last edited by anerlich; 06-28-2014 at 11:23 PM.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Blog Entries
    This is the correct way to tie a SC belt. After you have made a knot in front of you, you wrap both ends of your belt around your waist. One end on your right side and the other end on your left side. Both ends are far apart from each other. You don't let both ends of belt to hang straight down from your center. It will give your opponent an extra place to grab.

You can also see that SC guys all tied their SC belt this way.

Name:  maxresdefault.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  36.1 KB

Name:  hqdefault.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  17.8 KB

Now if you look at the way that they tied their SC belt in the following clip. You can see a significant difference there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyC5yrJS9iI
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 06-30-2014 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    I was always taught to get wrist control BEFORE I try for the the neck tie, as that stops another wrestler getting the opposite neck tie and a stalemate, or (to some degree) the 2 on 1.

That strategy and proper wrestling head position would completely shut down at least the first five minutes of what he does with the pressure points.

I can't get wrist control on that guy? If I can't get wrist control, getting a neck tie's going to be harder still, methinks.
    Yep all solid. It's the same in judo getting control over the power hand first (wrist tie wrestling) then the lapel second (collar tie), then starting your kuzushi or hard setups in wrestling. That's kind of standard path grip fighting. Not the only path but standard path.

Head position = right on as well. Absolutely even a decent head position for a wrestler would simply prevent as you said the first 5 minutes.

If you can't get wrist control, there are plenty of other touch points.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    Now if you look at the way that they tied their SC belt in the following clip. You can see a significant difference there.
    Hey john I don't know SC at all does this mean they are noobish and not legit?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    Hey john I don't know SC at all does this mean they are noobish and not legit?
    When a

- BJJ black belt was abused on the ground game by a non-BJJ guy, the BJJ community would like to know who that BJJ black belt's teacher is.
    - SC black belt was abused on the stand up game by a non-SC guy, the SC community would like to know who that SC black belt's teacher is.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 06-30-2014 at 12:38 PM.