Thread: Are Emei Budda counsel hands from Song Shan Shaolin ?

Are Emei Budda counsel hands from Song Shan Shaolin ?

Name:  image1.jpg
Views: 883
Size:  18.3 KB

From these Budda counsel hands posture, they are exactly the same, from different positions.

Are their origins from Emei or Shaolin, or both ?

Is Emei from Shaolin ?

Are Emei Budda counsel hands from Song Shan Shaolin ?
    I don't care, and don't understand why you would.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

I've always assumed the crossing hands posture found in some Songshan taolu denoted a particular lineage, not anything to do with application. For example, there is a lineage where "wuxing bafa" and "luohan shiba shou" are the prominent taolu...the lineage uses the hands crossing at the beginning of all of their taolu.
    "I'm a highly ranked officer of his tong. HE is the Dragon Head. our BOSS. our LEADER. the Mountain Lord." - hskwarrior

It's indeed a salute in the Shaolin Nanyuan (Southern Courtyard) sect, but it also has application.

We're just waiting for Hendrik to explain it, because his only refutation of it being the same thing is to claim that the Emei and Shaolin applications of the action are different, thereby "proving" his Wing Chun contains unique signatures from Emei and doesn't just contain a common action found in other unrelated arts meaning nothing.

But obviously that is just his wishful thinking. He wasn't even aware of its appearance in Shaolin but makes ignorant claims about its application. Hence we only hear crickets after he's asked to explain how they differ in application.

A real researcher can't be ignorant of other TCMA. There's too much overlap and commonality among the many styles across China to make historical claims based on shared postures while being completely ignorant of other styles, especially when one of those you're ignorant of is one you're trying to prove as a mother art!

The Buddha counsel hand of yik mam Wck or the Contain secret hand of emei 12 zhuang,
    Is not a salutation.
    But an application of handling Qi flow and application.

Got nothing to do with salutation of shongshan Shaolin.

As I have mentioned before, why don't you post your shongshan application and Qi flow of your salutation and I post the emei 12 zhuang information right from the emei classical book . So, go a head, post your Shong San shaolin stuffs since your are the shongsan shaolin expert.

Btw, What good to argue on something your do know ?
    When Jim Rosallendo and others have confirm with the gate keeper of the Emei 12 zhuang on the yik kam Wck Buddha counsel hand which you don't know at all?

Ps.
    From your presvious post, I do understand you try everything and anything to attack me to defend your Wck lineage and sifu because you can't take the bubble of your ultimate Wck lineage bust as reality surface.

I invite you to post your Wck lineage grandmaster SNT photo and proof it is : from Songshan shaolin or other art which you think where it is from.

Same as you purposely mis qoute General Qi book just to create distortion on Single Zhao Yang of fujian white crane. Your intention is clear .

You have lost credit on your misquote general Qi book, now go ahead, post the shongsan shaolin salutation information.

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    It's indeed a salute in the Shaolin Nanyuan (Southern Courtyard) sect, but it also has application.

We're just waiting for Hendrik to explain it, because his only refutation of it being the same thing is to claim that the Emei and Shaolin applications of the action are different, thereby "proving" his Wing Chun contains unique signatures from Emei and doesn't just contain a common action found in other unrelated arts meaning nothing.

But obviously that is just his wishful thinking. He wasn't even aware of its appearance in Shaolin but makes ignorant claims about its application. Hence we only hear crickets after he's asked to explain how they differ in application.

A real researcher can't be ignorant of other TCMA. There's too much overlap and commonality among the many styles across China to make historical claims based on shared postures while being completely ignorant of other styles, especially when one of those you're ignorant of is one you're trying to prove as a mother art!
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-28-2014 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Fong View Post
    Name:  image1.jpg
Views: 883
Size:  18.3 KB

Are their origins from Emei or Shaolin, or both ?
    Nope , from Chen Tai Chi

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    why don't you post your shongshan application and Qi flow of your salutation and I post the emei 12 zhuang information right from the emei classical book .
    Because you already claimed they have different applications which means you should know them both. That's an obvious lie and just your wishful thinking so it doesn't discredit your theory.

Now you want to pass the buck or draw information out of me? Too bad you don't have a Shaolin book to learn out of too! lol

I invite you to post your Wck lineage grandmaster SNT photo and proof it is : from Songshan shaolin or other art which you think where it is from.
    God, you are stupid, Hendrik... I've repeatedly explained this to you.

I never said Songshan Shaolin is the origin of anything. I posted the picture to show it's a common action that appears in various unrelated TCMA. So the fact that it shows up in your Wing Chun is unremarkable. It means absolutely nothing!

You are the one making imbecilic historical claims of origins based on pictures.

@Hendrik

You have made a number of claims here that you will have to substantiate or retract:

1. Prove that Shaolin "copied" the term Zhaoyang from White Crane and didn't just happen to use the same term although completely unrelated.

2. Prove that your Wing Chun use of the term Zhaoyang was "inherited" from White Cane and not copied or just coincidentally used in the same way as in Shaolin.

3. Explain the significance and function of the Zhaoyang hand in White Crane and how it is the same in your Wing Chun, not just in name and appearance.

4. Similar to point 2. Prove your Wing Chun inherited the crossed arm technique from Emei and didn't copy or coincidentally use it in the same way as Shaolin. Not just pictures and poems. Who taught what to whom, when and where?

5. Explain the application of the crossed arm technique in Shaolin and prove how it differs from the application of it in Emei and your Wing Chun.

If you are unable to do this, you need to take back your baseless claims or admit them as only your wishful thinking.

LFJ, thanks for the info, didn't realize it was a Hen**** thread.

Hen****, are you willing to defend the honor of your Wang Chung lineage?
    "I'm a highly ranked officer of his tong. HE is the Dragon Head. our BOSS. our LEADER. the Mountain Lord." - hskwarrior