Thread: Socrates practiced QiGong!

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    See, right there... you justified why one was less likely by simply implying the other is more likely. What is that?
    Because one of them is second hand knowledge. Certain results of Physics (at the scale required for the argument) are known only through the lens of a machine, because they are beyond the threshold of our perception, a machine which we built and who's results are modified already by what they were built to register and what our theory expected.

Where as Consciousness is known first hand.

You see? Now with exceptional evidence one can override ones own senses, of course. However, that evidence is no way near at this point.

You are correct that 'I don't know' is the best answer. My Choosing to believe in it is an opinion. But there are a lot of people who take determinism as a given these days, and I think its nice to pay attention to the other side of the argument. Thats all.

I firm believer in Jesus would say the same thing. They would say knowledge of Jesus is "testable" within oneself and many have exercised such faith in groups and continue to share that through every possible medium. .
    I don't quite see how but I'll take your word for it, I don't really have so much experience with these groups.

I dunno. I guess if believing in something you can't substantiate keeps you from doing bad things. Sure. Whatever works I guess. But what I think is more ethical and moral is to make an honest assessment of the world around you always aware and willing to admit what you KNOW and don't.
    I wish everyone did. I would not try to enforce this opinion. But it does seems sometimes that determinism is taken as a given. As such its nice to look at this perspective. Especially here in England, perhaps stateside its different.

I mean, you said before you would lean towards determinism, why is that?
    Last edited by RenDaHai; 07-08-2014 at 04:14 AM.
    問「武」。曰:「克。」未達。曰:「勝己之私之謂克。」