Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nutrition suggestions for natural bodybuilding

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    Greetings,

I wonder how much was paid to have creatine put in the model.
    I'm familiar with Alan Aragon. I can assure you that nothing was paid to him or the other authors of the study. They put that in there because that's what the science reflects.
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Canzonieri View Post
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.

Greetings Kymus,

Thank you for sharing that.

mickey

The last time I changed my training program was a year ago. One of goal is to increase my body weight. That is to increase muscle mass. But it looks like that I have not reached that goal. My body weight is still 125 lbs. The target weight is 130 lbs., which will be my optimum. I do not doubt the info. you suggested here, but may be I should review the nutrion section of a book that I have read - The Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding by Arnold Schwarnegger.

KC
    Hong Kong

There is such a thing a "natural bodybuilding", BUT it may not be what many think it is.
    Competitive natural BB is simply BB contest where they test for PED and because of that, supposedly, people don't take the drugs.
    Of course they do, I mean, I have seen competitive NBB as big as pros and even some that are bigger than BB from the 70's and 80's.
    Here is a good site:
    nattyornot.com

Now, natural BB is/should be simply doing progressive resistance training with the goal of increasing your lean muscle mass and NOT using ANY other than food.
    One can argue that supplements should not be part of natural bodybuilding.
    That said, since the majority of supplements are a joke and a cash grab ( that is why competitors end up using PED) then what difference does it make?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

FWIW, they also have to do a lie detector test. At least, that's how it was at the INBF California Natural Muscle Mayhem that Dr. Spencer Nadolsky competed in.
    like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveLau View Post
    The last time I changed my training program was a year ago. One of goal is to increase my body weight. That is to increase muscle mass. But it looks like that I have not reached that goal. My body weight is still 125 lbs. The target weight is 130 lbs., which will be my optimum. I do not doubt the info. you suggested here, but may be I should review the nutrion section of a book that I have read - The Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding by Arnold Schwarnegger.
    I've seen Dr. Brad Shoenfeld's book The Max Muscle Plan recommended many times. Along with Dr. Shoenfeld, Alan Aragon is another one that has really made a name for himself as a science heavyweight. His blog isn't updated often, but he sends out a monthly (subscription-based) research review (AARR) which is very useful.

My 2 cents.

I wonder how much was paid to have creatine put in the model.

Creatine is legit. You need to get your learn on.

Greetings donjitsu2,

Legitimacy was never my point. It was that that particular category should have been kept general just like the others and not specifically mention creatine like it did. It made me wonder $$ was involved for that mention. That was clarified already.

mickey

Greetings donjitsu2,

Legitimacy was never my point. It was that that particular category should have been kept general just like the others and not specifically mention creatine like it did. It made me wonder $$ was involved for that mention. That was clarified already.

mickey
    The creatine part was general. Creatine Monohydrate is a general substance that many supplement companies sell.

Quote Originally Posted by donjitsu2 View Post
    Creatine Monohydrate is a general substance that many supplement companies sell.
    Creatine is naturally occurring in meat. In fact it is considered a nootropic for vegetarians since they don't get it in their diet.

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Creatine is naturally occurring in meat. In fact it is considered a nootropic for vegetarians since they don't get it in their diet.
    That's true. But keep in mind the creatine found naturally in meats and the creatine we naturally produce is in the form of phosphocreatine (creatine phosphate; basically it has a phosphate group attached to it). Creatine monohydrate, on the other had, is a very common synthetic creatine that has a water molecule "attached". There are other types of creatine supplements (like Creatine ethyl ester) that are also widely available.