Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Against "cross training"

Quote Originally Posted by Faux Newbie View Post
    Chronology and history is clearly just a desperate gambit to steal my thunder.

It is a great analogy (that I apparently stole from you, beaver pelt is in the mail).
    Here you go:

http://ihateyousoletmetellyouaboutit...y_gif-ce13.gif
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Are you rewarding my plagiarism?

Let me tell you about my days as a Canadian sniper.

Are you rewarding my plagiarism?

Let me tell you about my days as a Canadian sniper.
    Service pic in uniform or it didn't happen.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Service pic in uniform or it didn't happen.
    I would be offended by your statement, but have achieved a higher spirituality through membership in Canadian secret societies and frequent guitar playing. Also, UFOs.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    As I once state din another thread, the main issue that some CLAIM to have with cross training is the whole silliness of "jack of all trades, master of none".
    The reality is that has ZERO to do with it because the TRADE is fighting.
    Let me say it again, the TRADE of MA is FIGHTING.
    For a MA that is a striker to training in a different MA ( perhaps grappling) to perfect his fighting skill is comparable to a welder that is proficient in TIG welding training in MIG to be a better welder.
    The trade is welding, the cross training is in different TYPES of welding.
    The trade we do is fighting and the cross training is in different TYPES of fighting.
    When we cross training in the aspects that are not prioritized in out base MA (like grappling is not prioritized in WC for example) we are MASTERING our trade (fighting) because we are become proficient in ALL aspects of our trade.
    No one is a master welder if he only knows ONE method of welding.
    No one is a master MA if he knows only ONE aspect of the MA.

To cross train is to become a master in the trade that is Martial Arts.
    Slaying trolls since 02' with truth and sense.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

I would be offended by your statement, but have achieved a higher spirituality through membership in Canadian secret societies and frequent guitar playing. Also, UFOs.
    what? someone let you in?
    crikey,the jig is up.

UP!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

kung fu already has cross training. sap ji kuen. our crosstraining is superior knucklehead kickboxer.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

cross training

the reason no one wants to cross train their wing chun is very simple. If you mix black and white you get gray. mix good and bad and you get mediocre. Training any other inferior system will usually require one to violate the very principles that make wing chun the very best fighting system ever devised. you wanted to know, so there it is.
    Jackie Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po View Post
    Training any other inferior system will usually require one to violate the very principles that make wing chun the very best fighting system ever devised.
    Name:  1324503195002.jpg
Views: 708
Size:  41.7 KB

I agree.
    "I'm a highly ranked officer of his tong. HE is the Dragon Head. our BOSS. our LEADER. the Mountain Lord." - hskwarrior

NEO didn't say "I know Wing Chun" to be taken seriously. http://img.gawkerassets.com/post/9/2...ow-kung-fu.jpg

the reason no one wants to cross train their wing chun is very simple. If you mix black and white you get gray. mix good and bad and you get mediocre. Training any other inferior system will usually require one to violate the very principles that make wing chun the very best fighting system ever devised. you wanted to know, so there it is.
    I truly wonder with comments like this from the "wing chun" community how they learn anything with the delusional ego attached so big it would make the titanic sink. With all the in fighting and politics how do they learn anything? and then you have guys like this that are just plain retarded stating a superiority complex that dwarfs almost anyone else.
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    I truly wonder with comments like this from the "wing chun" community how they learn anything with the delusional ego attached so big it would make the titanic sink. With all the in fighting and politics how do they learn anything? and then you have guys like this that are just plain retarded stating a superiority complex that dwarfs almost anyone else.
    "modern" wingchun = learned helplessness + eunuch cuckold sadomasochism+ suppressed homersexual desires.

theres a elliot rodger in every wing chun enthusiast.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

It has nothing to do with ego really. If you can't feel that way about your martial art then why do it? Do something you think is better. I also have black belts with 2 different jiujitsu organizations, but I do not mix them with wing chun. Both are solid principle based systems that would suffer if you started forsaking the very principles that make them what they are. So if I didn't feel that way about wing chun I probably wouldn't have the confidence to make it work for me.
    Jackie Lee

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po View Post
    If you can't feel that way about your martial art then why do it?
    It's not the whole style but sometime it's just few missing elements.

The 1st time that I saw someone did WC, I liked his Tan Shou with elbow dropped right in the middle of the chest. I cross trained the WC system so I could replace my long fist 采手(Cai Shou) with the WC 摊手(Tan Shou) in order to protect my chest better.

I also had replaced my long fist roundhouse kick by the TKD roundhouse kick, and later on further replaced it by the MT roundhouse kick.

Did I water down or dis-respect my long fist system? It's myself that I care about and not my long fist system.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Training any other inferior system
    not ego driven? Tell me again you just bashed on anything else MA's related and it's not ego driven?

I also have black belts with 2 different jiujitsu organizations, but I do not mix them with wing chun.
    I don't think you are understand the title of the subject matter we are speaking about.