Thread: Arrow

Arrow

I've only watched a little of this show, not even a full episode. But I thought this was interesting and deserved some exposure here.

Funny, I thought there already was a thread on this show here.

Devon Aoki Joins CW’s ‘Arrow’
    By THE DEADLINE TEAM | Tuesday July 1, 2014 @ 1:40pm PDT

Devon Aoki has landed a major recurring guest role on the hit CW drama Arrow from Warner Bros TV. Aoki will play Tatsu Yamashiro, a character that first appeared in the Green Arrow origin series graphic novels published by DC Comics. She is a Japanese martial arts expert who wields a deadly sword, a blade from which her codename Katana is derived. In Arrow, Tatsu will be one of Oliver’s mentors in the flashbacks and a critical influence on his journey to eventually become The Arrow of present day. Aoki, repped by Schiffco, appeared in features including 2 Fast 2 Furious, Sin City, D.E.B.S. and War.
    Devon Aoki Cast as Katana on The CW's Arrow!
    Source: Deadline
    July 1, 2014

Deadline brings word this afternoon that actress Devon Aoki has been cast as Tatsu Yamashiro, aka Katana, for the upcoming third season of "Arrow"!

A skilled martial artist, Katana gets her name form the deadly sword she wields which contains the souls of everyone she has killed, including her late husband. It's unclear if this supernatural angle will manifest itself in the character in the series, but we do know that she will be important to Oliver's flashback sequences in the upcoming season. In the comics, the character is closely associated not only with the Birds of Prey but also Batman's The Outsiders.

This isn't the only sword-bearing comic character Aoki has played either, as she took on the role of Miho for the original Sin City in 2005.

"Arrow" airs Wednesdays at 8 P.M. ET/PT on The CW with the new season set to premiere on October 8th.

(Photo Credit: FayesVision/WENN.com)
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Watched several episodes of this. Not a fan of the writing, but I thought the acting was pretty good, and the fights are much better than I'd expected. I never read Green Arrow, so I can't comment on how close it follows the comic.

Season 3 premieres tonight!

Read David Ramsey From CW’S ARROW by Brian R. Sheridan
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Ronda

Stephen Amell Wants Ronda Rousey To Appear On Arrow
    Jay Jayson
    - 09/07/2015

During the Arrow panel at Dragon Con 2015, a fan informed Stephen Amell that "Rowdy" Ronda Rousey (Furious 7, Entourage) "ships Olicity," and wanted to know if there was any chance the UFC's undefeated Bantamweight Champion and budding actress could appear on the show.

Katie Cassidy: That would be amazing. Could you make that happen?

Stephen Amell: Ronda Rousey could replace me for an episode if she wants! Ronda Rousey can literally do anything she wants at this point ... To me... To the show.

John Barrowman: I'd watch that!

Listen to Amell's comments in the video below.

This season sees Team Arrow facing off against Damien Darhk (Neal McDonough of Captain America: The First Avenger and Agent Carter fame) and H.I.V.E., the organization that killed John Diggle's brother. Meanwhile, Malcolm Merlyn has been promoted to the rank of Ra's al Ghul, leading to the decision to resurrect Sara Lance using the Lazarus Pit.

Arrow starts back up again on October 7 and airs Wednesdays at 8 p.m. ET/PT.
    Yeah, I'd like to get Ronda on our cover too.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

So I finally started watching this and, I gotta tell you, not bad.
    The archery is, well, fantasy but the fighting is actually ok.
    Story isn't bad either.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !