Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jiu Wan style/method

??

It was always interesting to me that after Yip Man's death no one in Hong Kong claimed the title of GM until after Jiu Wan had died.yeah strange isn't it?
    sincerly, eddie

[QUOTE=Andy;1275185]
    Quote Originally Posted by kung fu fighter View Post
    Hi Alan,
    Jiu Wan said "In Fatshan Yip's wing chun was like everyone else's. When they met up in 1953 Yip's wing chun was both different and better. Jui Wan asked Yip what was different and where it came from and Yip told him he learned from Leung Bik. Jui Wan asked to learn this from Yip Man and so became Yip's student"

It was always interesting to me that after Yip Man's death no one in Hong Kong claimed the title of GM until after Jiu Wan had died.

it's nice to hear from you andy, i hope all is well with you and your family.
    sincerly, eddie

Jiu Wan and Lee Shing

It's great to see an interest in Jiu Wan here. I remember years ago I had brief contact with Eddie (deejaye72) but since the Forum is kind of dying a death here I tend not to contribute much anymore.

Jiu Wan is only known to me because of the stories I have been told by my Sifu, who in turn was told about him by his Sifu Lee Shing. With Lok Yiu, my Sigung befriended Jiu Wan and from my understanding he was a superb practitioner. Of the oldskool, and student of Ng Jung So? I have also heard that he was connected to the Chin Wu (Jing Mo) movement but have not had that clarified by anyone directly connected to him or his family. Another thing that tends to prop up every time I have heard his name is that he was the fiercest fighter!

I have also only recently met with a student here in the UK who's Sifu heaps big praise on Jiu Wan due to his own connections, so big respects out to Lau Sifu and you guys and keep that flame burning!! If ever you visit the UK I would make myself available to help you in any way I can.

Spencer
    Last edited by LoneTiger108; 08-11-2014 at 10:41 AM.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    It's great to see an interest in Jiu Wan here. I remember years ago I had brief contact with Eddie (deejaye72) but since the Forum is kind of dying a death here I tend not to contribute much anymore.

Jiu Wan is only known to me because of the stories I have been told by my Sifu, who in turn was told about him by his Sifu Lee Shing. With Lok Yiu, my Sigung befriended Jiu Wan and from my understanding he was a superb practitioner. Of the oldskool, and student of Ng Jung So? I have also heard that he was connected to the Chin Wu (Jing Mo) movement but have not had that clarified by anyone directly connected to him or his family. Another thing that tends to prop up every time I have heard his name is that he was the fiercest fighter!

I have also only recently met with a student here in the UK who's Sifu heaps big praise on Jiu Wan due to his own connections, so big respects out to Lau Sifu and you guys and keep that flame burning!! If ever you visit the UK I would make myself available to help you in any way I can.

Spencer
    thats pretty much how i heard it too rob! everything you said, i have heard also
    sincerly, eddie

Hi Guys

Does this mean that since Jiu Wan trained with Yip Man in Hong Kong that Jiu Wan s Wing Chun might be the Leung Bik Leung Jan other Wing Chun that Yip Man learned from Leung Bik ? How would Jiu Wans Wing Chun compare to William Cheungs Wing Chun if William Cheung Learned the Leung Bik Wing Chun from Yip Man ?

Quote Originally Posted by Firehawk4 View Post
    ....if William Cheung Learned the Leung Bik Wing Chun from Yip Man ?
    "If" is the operative word. The assumption implied by this statement is that the "Leung Bic" WC was taught as a separate, "secret" system. And that sounds very unlikely to me.
    "No contaban con mi astucia!" --el Chapulin Colorado

http://www.vingtsunaz.com/
    www.nationalvt.com/

sercrets?

Quote Originally Posted by Grumblegeezer View Post
    "If" is the operative word. The assumption implied by this statement is that the "Leung Bic" WC was taught as a separate, "secret" system. And that sounds very unlikely to me.
    Grandmaster chiu wan had told his students that what yip man was doing, in Hong Kong was different then what he and everyone else was doing, in fatshan. hunt1 has talked about this from time to time.

i don't believe it was a "secret" he talked about it openly with his students.
    Last edited by deejaye72; 08-14-2014 at 07:23 PM.
    sincerly, eddie

Jiu Wans son on Youtube...

Quote Originally Posted by Firehawk4 View Post
    Does this mean that since Jiu Wan trained with Yip Man in Hong Kong that Jiu Wan s Wing Chun might be the Leung Bik Leung Jan other Wing Chun that Yip Man learned from Leung Bik ? How would Jiu Wans Wing Chun compare to William Cheungs Wing Chun if William Cheung Learned the Leung Bik Wing Chun from Yip Man ?
    Check out this Youtube channel as it features Jiu Wans son, Jiu Hung Kwok, demonstrating various parts of their system. Some wicked clips of the old HK movie star Ti Lung too! Enjoy!
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    Check out this Youtube channel as it features Jiu Wans son, Jiu Hung Kwok, demonstrating various parts of their system. Some wicked clips of the old HK movie star Ti Lung too! Enjoy!
    What's the link?

Quote Originally Posted by kung fu fighter View Post
    What's the link?
    Sorry! I didn't even realize I had posted as the site crashed on me (again!?) Must be my work PCs...

https://www.youtube.com/user/dragonboatz
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術