Thread: Video Review: Wing Chun Sparring Gloves Comparison

Threaded View

Video Review: Wing Chun Sparring Gloves Comparison

I made this video while testing out a few different gloves to find the softest for VT sparring: Combat Sports Max Strike MMA, Fairtex Combat Sparring, and Ring to Cage Deluxe MiM gloves. I went through a lot of reviews and didn't find much of anything useful, so I ended up making a video to help other people who might be on the same journey. Depending on how you spar I'd recommend either the CSI Max Strike or Fairtex in that order, but I'd recommend watching so that you can see how the padding on each compares since they're pretty different. If you don't spar to test your VT I'd recommend this as a good time to consider doing so, I think it will add an extra dimension to your training that will help you put a lot of different pieces together

I talk a bit about ground and pound as well as how the gloves are or aren't useful in escaping tight submissions since I also train BJJ and groundwork to round out the standing striking of VT. This may or may not be helpful to you, but feel free to ignore it since the majority if the video is discretely focused on using these gloves to sharpen your VT skills with your training partners.

Last edited by Miguel; 07-05-2014 at 10:37 AM.
    learn->practice->habit->reflex->instinct