Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting New England Sites

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    Greetings,

Thank you for the information, MarathonTmatt

What you shared about rising waters rang a bell. Back in 2008, I shared with a classmate of mine that Atlantis might well be here and that rising waters could make a distant land mass appear to sink.

It seems that a blanket has been thrown about ancient peoples and their connections "elsewhere". If I could pick up on these things without trying, I know I am not the only one.

mickey
    Thanks, mickey. I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds all of these understandings, info, research, etc. valuable. Just sharing some of what I know. More people def. need to learn to turn on their intuitive thinking. I would say there is def. a blanket thrown over all of this research. But one can find pieces here, there, a bit over yonder and fit them together for a better understanding. I am lucky so far that I am actively doing the foot-work to find some of these places, and can bring the evidence right to the table, as well as things like the links and sources I provided, whether its from Native oral traditions/ insistence or the work of archaelogists.

Thanks for the links Tmatt. Thanks.

Thumbs up cool pictures

Thanks for the pictures!

There's so much mystery around this stuff. Way cool.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

Wink Thanks..

--Thanks guys. Stay tuned for more pictures of sites--

This is fascinating stuff. I recall reading something years ago that they found Viking artifacts as far into America as Minnesota I believe. I am unclear of that time period. These links you offer suggest even further back. I came to the conclusion 20 years ago that the Mexicans have to have Asian blood lines The Native Indians. Having spent time in Mexico one can see a purer Mexican from time to time but they all have what seems to be Asian characteristic. Where as the Mohawk display much more Caucasian characteristics. The Cherokee even more so but they potentially had much further mixing more recently as well so it becomes hard to establish when.

Thanks.

I just recalled reading something on the net maybe 5 years back. Someone or someone made a connection that Africans may also have visited the Americas. Are the Apache the tribe who's skin is very dark and they have a tendency to have curly hair? The Seminole as well have African blood but I think most if not all was from very recent intermixing. Around the time of the Civil War. And I do not think it is with in the entire tribe. I know this from looking into the Seminole tribe to get a closer connection to my grandmother.

Does the chance exist the stonework you photographed be at least partially Viking?

http://www.hurstwic.org/history/arti..._artifacts.htm

Quote Originally Posted by boxerbilly View Post
    This is fascinating stuff. I recall reading something years ago that they found Viking artifacts as far into America as Minnesota I believe. I am unclear of that time period. These links you offer suggest even further back. I came to the conclusion 20 years ago that the Mexicans have to have Asian blood lines The Native Indians. Having spent time in Mexico one can see a purer Mexican from time to time but they all have what seems to be Asian characteristic. Where as the Mohawk display much more Caucasian characteristics. The Cherokee even more so but they potentially had much further mixing more recently as well so it becomes hard to establish when.

Thanks.
    Well. Just some facts. In NorthEast North America, New England is same latitude as the British Isles such as Ireland, just on different sides of the Atlantic. Getting further up into Canada it is the same latitude lines as Scandinavia. Interestingly, in both Algonquin and Scandinavian mythology, most legends and tales of the respective culture has it's identical counter-part in the other. Also, there are standing stones with inscriptions in Scandinavia, both Bronze Age and pre-Bronze Age, that have been de-coded as navigational directions to North America. The Red Paint People who I mentioned, who were Native North Americans, have their "cultural" (but not necessarily genetic, by-and-large,) counter-part, in Scandinavia, The Red Ochre People, but of course academics are hesitant to connect the dots. Now, if they are finding 11,000 year old arrowheads in Vermont that were produced using material from Iceland, than of course ancient North American and Scandinavian people were trading with each other, and probably inter-marrying. I can imagine, with the facts and evidence we now have, Native people marrying Scandinavian people and vice versa, many thousands of years ago, but I think these two cultures influenced each other more culturally than genetically although I'm sure there were exceptions. This means that the Viking settlement of Newfoundland is really just the last chapter of the story, but academics want people to believe like it is the only chapter of the story, period. Also there are some stone structures and related ritual that are similar to stone structures, and ritual around these stone structures, that are found among the Sami people of the far north Scandinavia/ Russia. (Sapmiland, Lappland). The Sami are a race of dark-skinned (with heavy mixing in colonial-modern times) people seemingly related to Siberian and Inuit cultures.

The other year at a Pow-Wow I was invited to the Mohawk reservation in upstate NY, anytime I feel like it, by an elder who I had spent some time with, getting to know. I have yet to go, as life will have it, but he said that everybody there is a full-blooded Mohawk, even the ones with blue eyes (this being a genetic trait shared by some indigenous people before colonial times.)

Now, this is very important- alot of white researchers would look at these cultural links, take a big fat poop on the floor and declare, "this is evidence of a pre-colonial Scandinavian or Celtic presence in the America's", or that these Celtic/ Scandinavian cultures must have in some way influenced Native people. But this isn't necessarily the case. Algonquin people could have first influenced these other cultures. In fact, this sounds like a likely case. For instance, the Irish legends say that the builders of their stone structures, such as the passage chamber of Newgrange, was built by a dark skinned race from the West. Surely the Celtic people who had this in their history knew what they were talking about, while an academic would dismiss this legend as the fancy of a primitive people making up stories around the campfire, which is funny, because it is the academics who have behaved childish in this case.

Also indigenous people in America, in some cases are still practising the old ways- preserving oral traditions, etc. It's funny, because in Egypt, the really old stone structures such as pyramid-shaped stone mounds, are stacked in the same style and way as in Northeastern North America. Sometimes newer pyramids (the style as most people are familiar with in Egypt) were built over the older Egyptian stone mounds (and chambers). I am not outright suggesting a cultural connection here, but rather giving a time-line reference indicating that when you go back far enough a similar stone building style was employed. Similarly, the pyramids of the Yucatan, even the Missisipian culture (ie Cahokia) are very grand in scale. This is due because all of these places are located in more temperate zones, which would naturally give rise to higher population densities and stone/earth-work building. The American NorthEast, by contrast is a colder climate. But- the science and understanding of astrology is still present as well as the stone building tradition. In fact, perhaps astrology could have played a more important role in the NorthEast because of shorter planting and harvesting seasons.

Lastly, when you mentioned an Asian/ Mexican cultural link. Well, I am not denying the cultural link. But just think about it- by saying that there was an Asian influence in Mexico/ the Yucatan you are marginalizing the Native culture. Who is to say that it isn't the other way around and that ancestors of Aztecs/ Mayans/ etc. didn't influence Asian culture in some way. Maybe Native American people are the older, more ancient genetic "parent stock" of most Asian people, which is why the indigenous American cultures were destroyed far worse by colonists than places in Asia. It's also reasonable that black people are yet genetically older, and were around most places on Earth in ancient times, as you suggest evidence for in your next post you made.

I just recalled reading something on the net maybe 5 years back. Someone or someone made a connection that Africans may also have visited the Americas. Are the Apache the tribe who's skin is very dark and they have a tendency to have curly hair? The Seminole as well have African blood but I think most if not all was from very recent intermixing. Around the time of the Civil War. And I do not think it is with in the entire tribe. I know this from looking into the Seminole tribe to get a closer connection to my grandmother.
    Well, yeah. Some native people are mixed native/white after colonial times as is the case with my family. same with some native/black families, a mixing after colonial times. however there is compelling evidence that there was a black presence in the America's in pre-colonial times, going back many tens of thousands of years, and for those with a more open mind maybe hundreds of thousands of years. And it could very well be the case that black communities of people, indigenous to the America's just got shifted around to different plantation locations in the colonial era, creating a cultural amnesia. I am of the belief that while this was going on, the slave trade merchant-class ships were also bringing back people from Africa, eventually making the 2 groups indistinguishable from each other

I don't want to put words in his mouth but mickey provided some good links the other year to some articles of Black tribes, I think in California. Alot of people might get ****ed at this issue, but I see this issue more as an academic's or scholars need to compartmentalize everything, and to label everything as different instead of looking for threads of a common origin. They do this with language, race, culture, you name it.

Despite the fact that this video clings to some old and becomming out of date paradigms such as the bering strait theory, and perhaps conservative dating methods, I found this video documentary to be educational concerning an early black presence, tens of thousands of years old, in south america, an aboriginal presence (what they don't really touch here is how wide spread this culture really must have been)-

https://youtu.be/HiumX48gm1w

Does the chance exist the stonework you photographed be at least partially Viking?

http://www.hurstwic.org/history/arti..._artifacts.htm
    The Native presence in the NorthEast had a tradition of stone-building. The population density was a little higher than what academics currently place it as. Most of the water in the United States is located East of the Mississipi River, and people have always traditionally lived where the water is.

Concerning the link- I don't really agree with Horsford's theories on where Lief Erikson's settlement was along the Charles River in Boston area. I just don't see the evidence. I am not denying that Lief Erikson was here, he probably was, but more concrete evidence will have to be found for his settlement, for Vinland. It could be in Boston area, or in Maine, or on Cape Cod/ Martha's Vineyard, we just can't say yet. I have talked to Wampanoag people who still have a cultural tradition, or rememberance of dealing with Vikings, both the good and the bad.

The Newport Tower is interesting. That could very well be something, non-Native and pre-colonial.

The legend of Norumbega is pretty deep. That is a French mis-pronunciation of the Abenaki (Native) word "Nolumbeka" which means "a stretch of quiet water between the two rapids", indicating water which flows in 2 or more directions, a very sacred place for Native people. Such places were often ceremonial gathering spots, and/or the center or hub of greater village site locations which stretched for miles every which way, such as the Echo Lake area (headwaters of the Charles, Blackstone and Sudbury Rivers) in Hopkinton MA which I have previously covered on this thread (and will do a better job of covering again- I was a bit shotty before.) "America's Stonehenge" aka Mystery Hill in North Salem New Hampshire along the Merrimack River (which dumps into the Atlantic, and the Sudbury feeds into the Merrimack), is the hub of another such "city" center. Native American in origin.

Norumbega was said to be a lost city with much gold/silver, much like the legends of El Derodo or lost "cities" in the Amazon, etc. Virrazano looked for it in New England in the 1500's and so did Samuel de Champlain in 1604. However I can tell you straight up that there is not one, but hundreds of large village/ city centers in New England/ the North East along headwaters that have, or once had, unique stone structures such as temples, shrines, chambers, etc. In the SouthEast (Georgia, Tennessee, etc.) the stone structures were lined with "Fool's Gold" that many early colonists went to great lengths to remove, returning to a European country only to find out that they had been tricked by worthless Fool's Gold. I suspect and have seen evidence that this may also be the case with some of the sites in the North East. People like Virrazano and Champlain probably took off with the booty, and it's in some Vatican treasury somewhere. Things like Herkemer Diamonds (really a quartz crystal, a "Fool's Diamond") and quartz played a significant role in Native ceremony/ sacred objects. I remember long ago reading an 18th century paper from New Hampshire about a group of colonists bragging to themselves about stripping all of the valuable objects and "diamonds" off of Native stone structures, but for the life of me I have been unable to re-find this genuine article.

I can pretty confidentaly say that the pictures I feature in this thread are of Native origin. However, Viking and pre-Viking Scandinavia did have a stone mound/ cairn building tradition too, and as we can see from the Red Paint and Red Ochre people from many thousands of years ago, there is a cultural connection so it's not surprising we see both these proud cultures making these cairns. Hope that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by MarathonTmatt View Post

I don't want to put words in his mouth but mickey provided some good links the other year to some articles of Black tribes, I think in California. Alot of people might get ****ed at this issue, but I see this issue more as an academic's or scholars need to compartmentalize everything, and to label everything as different instead of looking for threads of a common origin. They do this with language, race, culture, you name it.

https://youtu.be/HiumX48gm1w

WHY? Why get angry? People SUCK ! Thank you for the link. I'll have to watch it later. We get feed so much bullcrap and take it at face value. We have forgot how to think for ourselves and which mind to listen to.

Please continue this thread as you are able. Thank you for taking the time to increase my understanding. Appreciated.
    To think the first time I looked in this thread I clicked a link and figure its just about some stone art he took pictures of. My mistake. Sorry.
    Not sure what made me look deeper.

MarathonTmatt:

Hopefully this isn't too 'way out there' for this thread, but here's something:

http://www.examiner.com/article/red-...sonian-coverup

Actually, there have also been tales of giants among the natives in South America, the Solomon Islands, etc., with very similar descriptions.

Greetings,

Equally, there have been stories of very small people existing all over the world, much like the twins who could summon Mothra in the Godzilla movies. Funny, I never viewed them as odd.

In recent years there has been talk about the word Melungeon and there is real discomfort in acknowledging the word and the people as African and of African descent. These free people were also taken into slavery.This link is worth printing out because you do not always get this honesty:

http://www.eclectica.org/v5n3/hashaw.html

mickey

Tmatt, I've watched the first 12 minutes. I'll need to complete in segments. I like it.

My understanding is that blacks, I hope that is not offensive to any here, it is not intended to be, are 100% modern human. That Whites and Asians still carry Neanderthal genes. A sub species of an older human line.

Truth is we would be hard pressed to find many pure anything today. I think we are all more or less mutts. Some retain more pedigree if that word fits. And blacks are the only ones that could still have that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    MarathonTmatt:

Hopefully this isn't too 'way out there' for this thread, but here's something:

http://www.examiner.com/article/red-...sonian-coverup

Actually, there have also been tales of giants among the natives in South America, the Solomon Islands, etc., with very similar descriptions.
    Jimbo-

That's cool! I read part of a book once "An Alternative View of the Distant Past" and one of the things the author was saying, was that our Earth could have been affected by plasma radiation a long time ago, which is an alternative way to look at things like fossilization. I am not very read up on this particular subject though, some of the talking points elude me. But I think he said that something could have caused the Earth's axial tilt we are experiencing (off by 23.5 degrees if I remember correctly.) Before this cataclysm that caused the Earth's tilt, there would have been increased oxygen levels from what we experience today, as the Earth's axis would have been in total balance (currently it is imbalanced). The small fern bushes that we see today at our feet would have been giant 40 foot trees. Life on Earth would have been surrounded in a fog of oxygen crystals, as if all life on Earth was on a mountain top, probably extending the human life span. Then the author said there was a controlled experiment in Japan where they grew tomatoes with high levels of controlled oxygen and they were growing giant tomatoes many feet long.

I'm sure that the giants of old would have been "something else" from us entirely. They probably used different parts of their brain and DNA that we don't today. What strikes me is there are huge boulder arrangements/ enclosures found all over the world. Those boulder arrangements aren't like stone mounds/cairns or stone chambers/ shrines/ temples at all, or like a typical propped boulder for a solar/ calander alignment. These boulder arrangements could be from an entirely different epoch/ era on Earth from the more recent (Post Ice Age) stoneworks such as cairns, chambers, shrines, etc.

PS- Interesting about the giant connection between South America/ Polynesia/ etc.