Quote Originally Posted by MarathonTmatt View Post
Jimbo-

That's cool! I read part of a book once "An Alternative View of the Distant Past" and one of the things the author was saying, was that our Earth could have been affected by plasma radiation a long time ago, which is an alternative way to look at things like fossilization. I am not very read up on this particular subject though, some of the talking points elude me. But I think he said that something could have caused the Earth's axial tilt we are experiencing (off by 23.5 degrees if I remember correctly.) Before this cataclysm that caused the Earth's tilt, there would have been increased oxygen levels from what we experience today, as the Earth's axis would have been in total balance (currently it is imbalanced). The small fern bushes that we see today at our feet would have been giant 40 foot trees. Life on Earth would have been surrounded in a fog of oxygen crystals, as if all life on Earth was on a mountain top, probably extending the human life span. Then the author said there was a controlled experiment in Japan where they grew tomatoes with high levels of controlled oxygen and they were growing giant tomatoes many feet long.

I'm sure that the giants of old would have been "something else" from us entirely. They probably used different parts of their brain and DNA that we don't today. What strikes me is there are huge boulder arrangements/ enclosures found all over the world. Those boulder arrangements aren't like stone mounds/cairns or stone chambers/ shrines/ temples at all, or like a typical propped boulder for a solar/ calander alignment. These boulder arrangements could be from an entirely different epoch/ era on Earth from the more recent (Post Ice Age) stoneworks such as cairns, chambers, shrines, etc.

PS- Interesting about the giant connection between South America/ Polynesia/ etc.
Matt,
I agree that such giants would have been different; humanoid, but not fully human. Common descriptions of giants in different geographical locations include red hair, double rows of teeth, six digits on each hand and foot, and generally cannabalistic behavior. Supposedly there were Native American tribes who fought against them. I've even heard about some Alaska natives describing giants in the past. Those are pretty distinctive descriptions to come from such a variety of disparate places and cultures on the earth.