Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Changes to this forum

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    Actually, I'm not sure why the Yip Man thread was closed. We were in the middle of having a discussion about how we understand the wooden dummy differently from one another. Between the teasing there was still good conversation being had and points being made. One could choose to let the teasing wash off and just continue discussing the points being made. Some people want to ignore the good parts and amplify the parts unpleasing to them. I don't get it.
    Is that where someone was arguing that a wooden dummy is not a stand in for a person? Isn't that the definition of a wooden dummy? I was waiting for when it turned into hitting the heavy bag is not about hitting people.

Quote Originally Posted by Faux Newbie View Post
    Is that where someone was arguing that a wooden dummy is not a stand in for a person? Isn't that the definition of a wooden dummy? I was waiting for when it turned into hitting the heavy bag is not about hitting people.
    Yeah, wooden men, building bridges... some people take things way too literally! It's hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    Anything is possible. Apparently it only took God 7 days to create everything.
    6 and He rested on the 7th, but who's counting
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    6 and He rested on the 7th, but who's counting
    --------------------------

Is he still resting?

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post

Is he still resting?

Ooooo controversial but funny

I'm an Atheist so I could care less lol
    "Ving Tsun is a horse not everybody can ride"

Wong Shun Leung.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumblegeezer View Post
    Hey Graham, I could use a cuddle. England is a far way from here. Perhaps you could send me your old Teddy Bear?

Seriously though, ...well sort of...

I can take it when you say:

1. My old sifu acts like a clown

2. Makes inflated, outrageous claims

3. Is all about making money

4. Is not a very nice person

5. Teaches some fighting methods that are downright ineffective (especially against good grapplers)

6. Has lousy technique/comprehension of WC

Furthermore, I firmly disagree with you on number 6! What bugs me is when some people say the same thing over and over. Then they get involved in back and forth bickering that never ends and messes up the thread for everyone else. For example, you may think my old sifu is a clown and I'm a chump, fine. Saying it once did the job. I'm not going to argue with you. So that's over, right? Now if you'll please send the teddy, I'll cover shipping. --Steve
    No! They are my Teddys!

I'm done with the LT bashing.

Wong Shun Leung.

Actually, I'm not sure why the Yip Man thread was closed. We were in the middle of having a discussion about how we understand the wooden dummy differently from one another. Between the teasing there was still good conversation being had and points being made. One could choose to let the teasing wash off and just continue discussing the points being made. Some people want to ignore the good parts and amplify the parts unpleasing to them. I don't get it.
    I agree........

Wong Shun Leung.

1) Occasional insulting behavior=something someone should be able to endure

2) Constant insulting behavior= something no one should be expected to put up with

The second is CLEARLY in violation of the agreement everyone made to join the forum, and CLEARLY describes some people on this and only this forum here.
    Ok move on already!

Wong Shun Leung.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    Ok move on already!
    Quit your whining.

Quit your whining.
    Ha! that's funny!
    "No contaban con mi astucia!" --el Chapulin Colorado

http://www.vingtsunaz.com/
    www.nationalvt.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
    I agree with most of what you say here. Unfortunately there is always going to be some repetition in debate as and when new members come along. One way to get around this is to have stickies on certain themes that have been well debated before. Such stickies would operate as an index of sorts and would contain links to previous threads on said topics. If I get some time later this week I will collate one such index like thread and post it as an example.
    That's not a bad idea. Until we start arguing about which threads should or should not be included, at least.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quit your whining.
    Oh dear! Looks like FN is going to be the new BPWT!

Wong Shun Leung.

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post

Is he still resting?
    More comatose than a quick 30 winks it seems.

It was closed because the majority of posts were condescending and childish and had gone away from the original thread.
    See, if there is to occasional crappy childish post, that is one thing BUT when the majority stat being that way, it is time to close the thread.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    It was closed because the majority of posts were condescending and childish and had gone away from the original thread.
    See, if there is to occasional crappy childish post, that is one thing BUT when the majority stat being that way, it is time to close the thread.
    You could have cleaned it but you took the bias route!

Wong Shun Leung.