Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Changes to this forum

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    You could have cleaned it but you took the bias route!
    No, the easy way :P
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Can't argue with that.
    "Ving Tsun is a horse not everybody can ride"

Wong Shun Leung.

Yep probably better. I wouldn't recommend editing posts on this forum - that will probably just lead to more crybaby faces posted.

Well, the topic on throws in Wing Chun seems to be going smoothly now that Spock and Beatrice have left the forum. Good results from the creation of this thread already.

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    Well, the topic on throws in Wing Chun seems to be going smoothly now that Spock and Beatrice have left the forum. Good results from the creation of this thread already.
    Well, I disagree with you guys (that means everybody!) most of the time. But I see that as a reason to stay, not to leave!
    "No contaban con mi astucia!" --el Chapulin Colorado

http://www.vingtsunaz.com/
    www.nationalvt.com/

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    -----------------------------------------------------------

Pointless sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    Pointless sarcasm
    No thanks to your contribution to the thread either!

-------------------------

any other changes in the forum coming down the pike?

DELETED THREADS / POSTS
    I tried to post a couple of times and the threads were deleted - it would be useful if moderators could say why?

TRUTH WITH REFERENCES
    Posters should wherever possible give references to their arguments e.g seminar dates, Sifu, lineage, etc, rather than just vague hearsay.
    We all want to establish the truths of our Art.

IMPARTIALITY
    We should be allowed to express fair criticism, without being slanderous, even if the recipient is a sponsor of
    KungFuMagazine.com and Tiger Claw.

'WARNED'
    This label could be added to a poster's id for a certain time, as used on other forums.

Wing Chun is a Puzzle, enclosed in an Enigma, set within a Mystery!
    The Truth is Out There - Somewhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    Pointless sarcasm
    You rang?

Oh, sorry, thought you were sending out a bat signal to call for some pointless sarcasm on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    You rang?

Oh, sorry, thought you were sending out a bat signal to call for some pointless sarcasm on this thread.

---------------------------------

nope. just wondering why the now pointless thread was not closed

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    First and foremost.....require people to post in a respectful manner. No taunting and baiting. No name-calling. No lineage bashing. All of that simply leads to long drawn-out "b!tchfest" threads. We've seen it over and over. When someone is being rude and inappropriate, call them on it and point out that it is NOT acceptable behavior! If they continue to repeat that behavior after several warnings, then ban them for a short period. It doesn't have to be a permanent ban. Just enough to get their attention. People should be expected to interact here just as they would in a face to face encounter in a public place where a certain level of politeness is expected.

Second....delete posts that are off-topic and are simply aimed at taunting or making fun at someone else and contribute nothing to the actual discussion.

Third...and I realize this one is a stretch and not likely to happen....but I would require everyone to use a real name so it is harder to hide behind the anonymity of a keyboard and just say anything you want. I think it seems more like a real conversation when you have a real named person to talk to and not a collection of letters or numbers, etc.
    The 3rd one is very important.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Redmond View Post
    I have to disagree.

Because if people are required to do it in the WC forum, it's for all the forums. A high percentage of people like putting everything about themselves out there. I'm not one of them; I value a certain degree of privacy, and I'm pretty sure there are others who feel the same. And who's to say people won't use false names anyway?

Besides, I don't troll. As it is, if someone even half-cared, they could find out who I am fairly easily. And probably the same with anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Redmond View Post
    There are legitimate reasons for not using your name, Phil. Privacy is one. Another might be so that you can post a personal perspective that doesn't represent the "official line" of your sifu, organization or lineage. Some sifus and organizations are not exactly known for promoting diversity of opinion among their members.

I take a middle path. I use a pseudonym, but if anybody cares to know more, they can check my sig or pm me.
    "No contaban con mi astucia!" --el Chapulin Colorado

http://www.vingtsunaz.com/
    www.nationalvt.com/