Thread: Your favorite vids of Butterfly Swords?

Your favorite vids of Butterfly Swords?

I think they are a very cool weapon, anyone have any vids they really like of this, form or demo?

Quote Originally Posted by Design Sifu View Post
    ----------------------------------------------

Wing chun wrist work is different from Hung Ga and butterfly swords are different from bot jam do.

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    ----------------------------------------------

Wing chun wrist work is different from Hung Ga and butterfly swords are different from bot jam do.
    Bot Jam Do was just Yip Man's specific term for the knives which translates as "eight slash knives." In PSWCk they are "Wu Dip Do" which is actually "butterfly knives." YSKWCK calls them "life taking knives" but the Chinese term escapes me right now.

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Bot Jam Do was just Yip Man's specific term for the knives which translates as "eight slash knives." In PSWCk they are "Wu Dip Do" which is actually "butterfly knives." YSKWCK calls them "life taking knives" but the Chinese term escapes me right now.
    -------------------------------------------------------

Some ije hunga knives that were sold had a little "tongue" sticking out backwards from the handle. I ground an early pair down so that they would not interfere with
    bot jam do motions. Many IP Man knives are narrower than hung ga knives.

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    -------------------------------------------------------

Some ije hunga knives that were sold had a little "tongue" sticking out backwards from the handle. I ground an early pair down so that they would not interfere with
    bot jam do motions. Many IP Man knives are narrower than hung ga knives.
    I agree Joy. Some of the "butterfly knives" used in many southern CMAs are much larger than what we use in Wing Chun. I just didn't want your comment "and butterfly swords are different from Bot Jam Do" to be misunderstood or taken out of context to mean that Bot Jam Do were not butterfly knives. Just trying to clarify things a bit.